Nomination Facility under CGHS for Claiming Medical Reimbursement In the event of Death of CGHS Cardholder
Government of India
Ministry of Health & Family Welfare
Department of Health & Family Welfare
Nirman Bhawan, Maulana Azad Road
New Delhi 110 108
No. S 11011/12/2013-CGHS (P)
Dated: the 25th September, 2013
Sub: Nomination facility under CGHS for claiming medical reimbursement In the event of death of the principal CGHS cardholder – reg.
The undersigned is directed to state that the Ministry has been receiving representations from CGHS beneficiaries to introduce nomination facility whereby a person duly nominated by the principal CGHS cardholder can claim the reimbursement of expenses incurred on the medical treatment of the beneficiary in the event of unfortunate death of the principal card holder.
2. The matter has been examined in this Ministry in the context of difficulties being faced by the family members of a deceased CGHS cardholder in completing the prescribed formalities for claiming reimbursement of medical expenses. Accordingly it has been decided with the approval of the competent authority to simplify the procedure and provide an option to the principal CGHS cardholder beneficiary to nominate a person to claim reimbursement of medical expenses in the event of his/her unfortunate death.
3. The nomination facility shall be subject to the following conditions –
a) The nomination facility shall be available only to the CGHS pensioner card holders.
b) Beneficiaries who wish to exercise this option shall submit their declaration of nomination in the proscribed ‘Nomination Form’ duly filled up and complete in all respect, to the CMO ln-charge of the CGHS Wellness Centre where the beneficiary Is enrolled. [Proforma of Nomination Form encloscd]
c) CMO ln-charge shall maintain a separate register * ‘Nomination Register’ to record the particulars of the nomination submitted by the CGHS beneficiary In exercise of this option Once the nomination details are recorded, the CMO In-charge shall forward the ‘Nomination Form’ to the card issuing authority. ie., Addl Director (HQ), CGHS In the case of Delhi and respective Additional / Joint Director, CGHS In the case of other CGHS covered cities for making necessary entries in the CGHS database after due scrutiny and approval of Additional Director, CGHS concerned.
d) The nomination shall be treated as valid only if the same has been entered in the CGHS database.
e) Only one person shall be allowed to be nominated as the original nominee or first nominee. In addition, another person can also be nominated as ‘alternate nominee or second nominee’ who can claim reimbursement in case of unfortunate death of the first nominee.
|Central Government Offices Holidays 2022 | Central Govt Holiday List 2022 PDF|
|KV Online Fee Payment 2022-23 | KV UBI Fee login|
f) The principal CGHS cardholder beneficiary can nominate any natural or juristic person as his/her nominee for this purpose, whether related or unrelated to him/ her.
g) This option can be exercised at any time during the lifetime of the beneficiary. However, this option can be exercised only twice in the lifetime of the pensioner card holder.
h) In case, no option has been exercised during the life time of the CGHS pensioner beneficiary, the existing CGHS provision for claiming reimbursement of medical expenses, requiring submission of Affidavit by the claimant and NOCs from other legal heirs shall continue to apply.
4. This Office Memorandum will be effective from the date of its issue.
5. Hindi version will follow.
Encl: Proforma of Nomination Form
Deputy Secretary to the Government of India
[Tel: 2306 1831]
Click here to download: CGHS Nomination Form pdf download
CGHS Medical Reimbursement Form Download in pdf Format
- Medical Reimbursement Claim (MRC) Form for Serving Beneficiaries
- Medical Reimbursement Claim MRC Form for Pensioners
CEA AND HS FORMS DOWNLOAD PDF FORMAT:
- Download reimbursement application form
- Format for Died In Harness Certificate
- Format for Single Girl Child
- Format Service Certificate for State Govt Employees
- Format Service Certificate for Central Govt Employees
- Format Self Declaration Distance Between School And Residence