Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2022-23 for Class 1
KVS Admission 2022-23 Class 1 Registration To Begin at kvsonlineadmission.in from 28th February 2022 at 10:00 IST
KVS ADMISSION SCHEDULE FOR THE ACADEMIC SESSION 2022-23
Important dates for KV Admission 2022-23 for Class 1:
- Opening Date of Online KVS registration for Class 1 – 28 February 2022
- Closing Date of Online KVS registration for Class 1 – 21 March 2022
- KVS Class I First Merit List will be released on 25.03.2022 (Friday)
- KVS Class I Second Merit List will be released on 01.04.2022 (Friday)
(if seats remain vacant)
- KVS Class I Third Merit List will be released on 08.04.2022 (Friday)
(if seats remain vacant)
KV Admission Age Limit for 1st Standard 2022-23
As per the new guidelines of KVS for 2022-23, the eligibility age for admission in class 1 is 6 years as on 31st March. And also the student born on 1st April should be considered. Minimum age for admission in class-I will be 6 years as per NEP 2020.
What is minimum age for KV admission?
The minimum age for class 1 admission in KV schools is 6 years. The age of the student should be above 6 years as of 31st March.
ELIGIBLE AGE FOR ADMISSION FOR CLASS 1
A Child must be 6 years old as on 31st March in the academic year in which admission is sought for Class I. (Child born on 1st April should also be considered.)
The minimum and maximum age limit for admission in Kendriya Vidyalayas in various classes is given below: (Child born on 1st April should also be considered.)
The KVS Admission Age Table is given below:
KVS Admission Age For Class 1 Minimum Age (As on 31st March): 6 years
Max Age (As on 31st March): 8 years
KVS Admission Age For Class 2 Minimum Age (As on 31st March): 6 years
Max Age (As on 31st March): 8 years
KVS Admission Age For Class 3 Minimum Age (As on 31st March): 7 years
Max Age (As on 31st March): 9 years
KVS Admission Age For Class 4 Minimum Age (As on 31st March): 8 years
Max Age (As on 31st March): 10 years
KVS Admission Age For Class 5 Minimum Age (As on 31st March): 9 years
Max Age (As on 31st March): 11 years
KVS Admission Age For Class 6 Minimum Age (As on 31st March): 10 years
Max Age (As on 31st March): 12 years
KVS Admission Age For Class 7 Minimum Age (As on 31st March): 11 years
Max Age (As on 31st March): 13 years
KVS Admission Age For Class 8 Minimum Age (As on 31st March): 12 years
Max Age (As on 31st March): 14 years
KVS Admission Age For Class 9 Minimum Age (As on 31st March): 13 years
Max Age (As on 31st March): 15 years
KVS Admission Age For Class 10 Minimum Age (As on 31st March): 14 years
ax Age (As on 31st March): 16 years
Note : The maximum age limit can be relaxed by two years in case of Differently abled children by the Principal.
B. There is no age restriction for admission to Class XI provided the student is seeking admission in the year of passing Class X examination. Similarly, there will be no upper & lower age limit for admission to class XII provided there has been no break in the continuous study of the student after passing class XI.
Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission official website – kvsonlineadmission.in
Who Can Apply For Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission?
Preference in admission to Kendriya Vidyalaya is given to children of Central Government employees, state government staff and then to the private employees.
Read Also: KV SCHOOL VACATION 2021
Kendriya Vidyalaya seats are divided into five categories:
- First preference is given to the Central Govt employees ward.
- Second preference is to the Army and Ex-Army men’s children.
- Third preference is given to Government employees’ children.
- Fourth preference is given to the single girl child quota.
- Fifth preference/last is given to the private or self-employed personnel.
Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission For Class 1 Reservation
|Central Government Offices Holidays 2022 | Central Govt Holiday List 2022 PDF|
|KV Online Fee Payment 2022-23 | KV UBI Fee login|
- 15% of seats are reserved for SC and 7.5% seats are reserved for ST. The shortfall in the number of seats reserved for SC and ST will be worked out after considering the number of SC/ST children admitted under RTE quota.
- 10 seats (out of 40 seats) in Class I per section are to be filled as per RTE Provisions (25% of seats) and these 10 seats will be filled by draw of lots from all applications of SC/ST/EWS/BPL/OBC (Non-Creamy Layer).
- In the second phase, remaining seats are filled as per the existing priority category system. The shortfall in the seats reserved for SC/ST, if any shall be made good by admitting SC/ST applicants. For example, in a single section school, 6 seats are reserved for SC and 3 Seats for ST (15% for SC and 7.5% for ST). Assuming that, 2 SC candidates, 1 ST candidate, and 1 Differently Abled candidate are admitted under RTE in the lottery system in the first phase, then available SC seats will be considered as 6-2 = 4 and ST seats will be 3-1 = 2. The left out registered candidates from SC and ST category will be considered as per the order of priority categories for admission. In this case, the remaining 4 seats will be available for admission under the order of Priority of Category.
Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission For Class 2 To Class 8 Reservation
There is no admission test/exam for admission of students in Class 2-Class 8 in Kendriya Vidyalaya. The admission is granted based on the priority category system. If applications are more than the number of seats, the lottery system is followed for each category including single girl child quota (Class VI onwards).
Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission For Class 9 Reservation
- An admission test will be conducted for admission to Class 9. A merit list will also be prepared for each category of priority separately. Admission shall be granted in the sequence of priority categories, in the order of merit.
- Admission test shall be conducted in the following 5 subjects: Hindi, English, Maths, Social Science and Science.
- There will be only one paper of Admission Test of 3 hours duration and 100 marks comprising Hindi, English, Maths, Social Science & Science each subject carrying 20 marks.
Candidates must secure 33% marks on an average to qualify. Students belonging to SC/ST/Divyang category (PH) will be eligible for admission upon securing 25% on average.
Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission For Class 11 Reservation
Admission in different streams like – Science, Commerce, Humanities of Class 11 students in Kendriya Vidyalaya will be based on the average marks scored in Class 10 exams:
- Science: A minimum of 60% marks on an average in all subjects.
- Commerce: A minimum of 55% marks on an average in all subjects.
- Humanities: All students of Kendriya Vidyalaya (KV) if declared successful in Class 10 exam.
Read Also: KV School Fee structure 2022-23
Documents Required For Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission:
- Certificate of proof of age for Class 1 students in the form of a birth certificate issued by an authority competent to register births. This will include certificates from Notified Area Council/Municipality/Municipal Corporation, extract about the date of birth from records of Village Panchayat, Military Hospital and service records of Defence personnel.
- For other classes, the date of birth recorded in the transfer certificate issued by a school recognized by the State Education Department will be accepted. The original certificate of date of birth will be returned to the parent/guardian after verification.
- Admissions for students up to Class 8 may be granted without any school transfer certificate provided the child is otherwise eligible and his birth certificate has been issued by a Govt. body.
For grandchildren of Hon’ble Member of Parliament and PSU employees, proof of relationship of either of the child’s parents with the Hon’ble Member of Parliament or PSU employees would be needed.
- For grandchildren of KVS employee, a proof of relationship of either of the child’s parent with the KVS employee (serving or retired) would be required.
- A Caste certificate that the child belongs to the Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe/EWS/OBC (Non-Creamy Layer)/BPL wherever applicable, issued by the competent authority in concerned State Government/Union Government is required.
- The certificate in respect of either of the parents may be accepted initially, for the purpose of admission, if this certificate is not available for the child. However, the certificate in respect of the child has to be submitted within a period of 3 months from the date of admission.
- A certificate from the civil surgeon/rehabilitation centre or any other competent authority defined by the Government of India O.M. No. 36035/5/88/Estt. (sct) dated 4.5.1999 certifying the child to be handicapped, wherever applicable. In case the handicap of the child can be visually seen by the Principal, the child may be accepted as handicapped even without a certificate. However, the parent may be advised to obtain the relevant certificate from the competent authority and submit the same to the school.
- A service certificate showing the number of transfers during the preceding 7 years duly signed and stamped by the head of the office bearing the name, designation and other relevant particulars in block letters.
- A certificate of retirement for uniformed Defence employees.
- Proof of residence is also required in a few cases.
KVS Contact Details:
Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan,
18, Industrial Area,
Shaheed Jeet Singh Marg,
New Delhi – 110016
Phone No: 011-26858570, 26512579
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org