Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission for the Academic Year 2023-24
Kendriya Vidyalaya Class 1 Online Admission 2023-24 | KV School Admission 2023-24 Class 1 | Kendriya Vidyalaya Online Admission Portal 2023-24
KVS Admission 2023-24: Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (KVS) has released notification for admission for the academic year 2023-24 in all 1252 KV schools across the country. The notification was released on 21 March 2023 and the advertisement for admission will be released on 25 March 2023. Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission for the academic year 2023-24 will start on 27.03.2023. Parents can register their children on 27 March 2023 at kvsonlineadmission.kvs.gov.in. Updates on KVS admission registration date, Eligibility Criteria, Important Dates, admission lottery result can be obtained from the official website of Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan https://kvsangathan.nic.in/.
KV School Online Admission Class 1 Registration Form 2023: Interested parents to seeking admission for Class 1 for the academic year 2023-24 in Kendriya Vidyalaya Schools can submit their application form at kvsonlineadmission.kvs.gov.in. KVS online admission for class 1 will open from 27.03.2023 Monday onwards. The last date to submit the application form for class 1 is 17.04.2023. Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (KVS) released official KVS Admission 2023-24 Notification and Guidelines available at https://kvsangathan.nic.in/. Check KVS official website for latest admission 2023-24 updates.
Kendriya Vidyalaya Class 1 Admission Schedule 2023-24 Released! – CHECK HERE
Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission Notice 2023-24
Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission New Guidelines 2023-24
No Registration Fee is Required for Admission 2023-24 in KV Schools.
KVS Class 1 Admission Online Lottery Merit List 2023-24
Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2023-24 Overview
Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission Process 2023-24
|Admission Board||Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (KVS)|
|Admission For||Classes 1 to 11|
|Application Method Class 1||Online|
|Registration Date||27.03.2023 (Monday at 10 AM Onwards)|
|Application Fees||Free of cost|
KVS Class 1 Admission 2023-24 Live Updates – Highlights
KVS Class 1 Online Admission Form 2023-24 Schedule
|Online Registration Start Date||27.3.2023||Monday (10:00 AM)|
|Online Registration Last Date||17.4.2023||Monday (7:00 PM)|
|First Admission List Date||20.4.2023||Thursday|
|Second Admission List Date||28.4.2023||Friday|
|Third Admission List Date||4.5.2023||Thursday|
Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission Portal 2023-24 Latest Updates
Kendriya Vidyalaya Online Admission Portal kvsonlineadmission.kvs.gov.in
The Kendriya Vidyalaya online admission portal, kvsonlineadmission.kvs.gov.in, offers candidates an opportunity to apply for Class 1 admission in Kendriya Vidyalayas across India for the academic year 2023-2024. Parents who want to enroll their children in 1st class in Kendriya Vidyalaya schools can submit their application form on registration date 27.03.2023.
|Registration and submission of Class 1 online applications will commence from 27 March 2023 10:00 IST.|
|Registration and submission of Class 1 online applications will ends on 17 April 2023 7:00 P.M IST.|
यह पोर्टल विशेष रूप से शैक्षणिक सत्र 2023-2024 में भारत के केन्द्रीय विद्यालयों में कक्षा 1 में प्रवेश के लिए है।
This portal is exclusively for applying for admission to Std 1 in Kendriya Vidyalayas all over India for the academic year 2023-2024.
शैक्षणिक सत्र 2023-2024 के लिए कक्षा 1 में प्रवेश के लिए पंजीकरण एवं ऑनलाइन आवेदन 27 Mar 2023 10:00 IST से शुरू होगा।
Registration and submission of online application for admission to Std 1 for the academic year 2023-2024 will start on 27 Mar 2023 10:00 IST.
The authorities are expected to release the KVS admission registration application 2023 at the KVS admission portal: https://kvsonlineadmission.kvs.gov.in/index.html. Candidates who meet KVS admission eligibility criteria will be allowed to apply for KVS admission registration for class 1. Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan will activate the KVS registration direct link on March 27, 2023.
Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (KVS) has an online registration portal for Class 1 admission to all 1248 KV schools in India. After the registration is completed, the selection list (provisional merit list) for 1st class admission for the year 2023-24 will be published on the official portal of Kendriya Vidyalaya. All parents are requested to watch the official website of Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission Notification for 2023-2024. The Android App for KVS school online application will be designed and upload to the play store. All students or parents should be aware of KVS Online App for Class 1 Admission. The Mobile App will be user friendly and can easily download from Google.
KVS Holiday Calendar 2023-24 PDF | KV School Holiday List 2023 PDF
Kvsonlineadmission.kvs.gov.in 2023-24 Admission Form
KVS Online Admission 2023-24 Class 1 | KV Admission 2023 Class 1 | Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan Online Portal | kvsonlineadmission.kvs.gov.in login | kvsonlineadmission.kvs.gov.in 2023-24 admission list | kvsonlineadmission.kvs.gov.in registration | kvsonlineadmission.kvs.gov.in application form 2023-24 | KVS Class 1 Admission Merit List 2023-24 | Kendriya Vidyalaya Class 1 Admission Notification, Schedule and Guidelines 2023-24
KVS Online Admission 2023-24 for Class 1 | KV School Admission 2023-24 Class 1
Interested students visit kvsonlineadmission.kvs.gov.in and then complete the registration and proceed to Kendriya Vidyalaya Class 1 Admission Form 2023-24 and fill the application form with correct details.
- Kendriya Vidyalaya Registration for Class 1 available in online mode only.
- Minimum age for admission in class 1 is 6 years, Maximum age for admission in class 1 is 8 years as per NEP 2020.
- Registration forms will be made available by Principals free of cost.
- Registration for class 1 will be made through the online admission portal.
- Admission to class 1 will be offered through an online draw of lots.
Students can check the detailed KVS admission Notification, Schedule and Guidelines 2023-24 from the official website – kvsangathan.nic.in
Kendriya Vidyalaya Class 1 Online Admission Form 2023-2024
Android Mobile App on Google Play for KVS Online Admission for Class I for 2023-2024
Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2023-24 for Class 2
- Admission to class 2 will be given on priority basis. It means if the number of applications is more than available seats then the lottery system would be followed.
- Minimum age for admission in class 2 is 7 years, Maximum age for admission in class 2 is 9 years as per NEP 2020.
Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2023-24 for Class 3
- Admission to class 3 will be given on priority basis. It means if the number of applications is more than available seats then the lottery system would be followed.
- Minimum age for admission in class 3 is 8 years, Maximum age for admission in class 3 is 10 years as per NEP 2020.
Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2023-24 for Class 4
- Admission to class 4 will be given on priority basis. It means if the number of applications is more than available seats then the lottery system would be followed.
- Minimum age for admission in class 4 is 9 years, Maximum age for admission in class 4 is 11 years as per NEP 2020.
Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2023-24 for Class 5
- Admission to class 5 will be given on priority basis. It means if the number of applications is more than available seats then the lottery system would be followed.
- Minimum age for admission in class 5 is 10 years, Maximum age for admission in class 5 is 12 years as per NEP 2020.
Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2023-24 for Class 6
- Admission to class 6 will be given on priority basis. It means if the number of applications is more than available seats then the lottery system would be followed.
- Minimum age for admission in class 6 is 11 years, Maximum age for admission in class 6 is 13 years as per NEP 2020.
Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2023-24 for Class 7
- Admission to class 7 will be given on priority basis. It means if the number of applications is more than available seats then the lottery system would be followed.
- Minimum age for admission in class 7 is 12 years, Maximum age for admission in class 7 is 14 years as per NEP 2020.
Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2023-24 for Class 8
- Admission to class 8 will be given on priority basis. It means if the number of applications is more than available seats then the lottery system would be followed.
- Minimum age for admission in class 8 is 13 years, Maximum age for admission in class 8 is 15 years as per NEP 2020.
Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2023-24 for Class 9
- Admission to class 9 will be offered based on candidates performance in an entrance exam.
- Minimum age for admission in class 9 is 14 years, Maximum age for admission in class 9 is 16 years as per NEP 2020.
Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2023-24 for Class 10
- Admissions to class 10 is subject of availability and according to the guideline of KVS.
- In case of Class IX candidates, no age restriction is there if the candidate is seeking admission in the class X in the same year.
Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2023-24 for Class 11
- Admission to class 11 will be offered based on candidates performance in class 10th and it will start within 20 days of announcement of class 10th result.
Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2023-24 for Class 12
- Admissions to class 12 is subject of availability and according to the guideline of KVS.
- For class XII students, there is no age limit prescribed if there is no break in the continuous study.
Selection Process KVS Admission 2023
- For admission to class I: The 25.5% reserved seats under RTE are selected through a lottery (Right to Education).
- For admission to class II to VIII: According to a system of priority categories, admission will be granted. In the event that there are more applications than the available seats, a lottery mechanism will be used for each category, including the quota for single girl child.
- For admission to Class IX: an admission test shall be conducted and a merit list will be prepared for each category of priority separately. Admission shall be granted in the sequence of priority categories, in the order of merit.
- For admission to class X & XII: Class 10 and 12 students may apply for admission to Kendriya Vidyalaya 2023 depending on the number of open seats.
New Guidelines for Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission
(i) CENTRAL GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES: An employee who is regular (i.e. an employee working on that post sanctioned by the Government in substantive capacity) and draws his emoluments from the Consolidated Fund of India.
(ii) TRANSFERABLE: An employee who has been transferred at least once in the preceding 7 years shall be deemed to be transferable.
(iii) TRANSFER: An employee would be treated as transferred only if he/she has been transferred by the competent authority from one place/urban agglomeration to another place/urban agglomeration which is at a distance of at least 20 Kms. and minimum period of stay at a place should be six months.
(iv) AUTONOMOUS BODIES / PUBLIC SECTOR UNDERTAKINGS: Organizations which are fully financed by the government or where the government share is more than 51 per cent would be deemed to be autonomous bodies/ public sector undertakings.
(v) SINGLE GIRL CHILD: Single Girl Child means the only child i.e. only girl child to the parents, with no other siblings. It includes twin girl children also. SGC category children submit an affidavit certifying that the child is a single girl child at the time of admission.
Admission Priority in Kendriya Vidyalaya 2023-24
PRIORITIES IN ADMISSION
The following priorities shall be followed in granting admissions:-
(A) KENDRIYA VIDYALAYAS UNDER CIVIL/DEFENCE SECTOR:
- Children of transferable and non-transferable Central government employees and children of ex- servicemen. This will also include children of Foreign National officials, who come on deputation or transfer to India on invitation by Govt. of India.
- Children of transferable and non-transferable employees of Autonomous Bodies / Public Sector Undertaking/Institute of Higher Learning of the Government of India.
- Children of transferable and non-transferable State Government employees.
- Children of transferable and non-transferable employees of Autonomous Bodies/ Public Sector Undertakings/Institute of Higher Learning of the State Governments.
- Children from any other category including the children of Foreign Nationals who are located in India due to their work or for any personal reasons. The children of Foreign Nationals would be considered only in case there are no Children of Indian Nationals waitlisted for admission.
Note: Preference in Admission to wards will be based on the number of transfers of the parents in the last 7 years.
(B) KENDRIYA VIDYALAYAS UNDER PUBLIC SECTOR UNDERTAKINGS/ INSTITUTES OF HIGHER LEARNING:
- Children and grandchildren of employees of the Project Sector/Institutes of Higher Learning which are the sponsors of the Vidyalaya, Children of Project employees & Post Graduate students who are working on long term research projects, Children of regular Council of Wardens (COW) employees and children and grandchildren of retired employees.
Note: Preference in Admission will be given to children of serving employees, grand children of serving employees and children and grandchildren of retired employees in that order.
2. Children of transferable and non-transferable Central government employees and children of ex- servicemen. This will also include children of Foreign National officials, who come on deputation or transfer to India on invitation by Govt. of India.
3. Children of transferable and non-transferable employees of Autonomous Bodies/Public Sector Undertaking/Institute of Higher Learning of the Government of India.
4. Children of transferable and non-transferable State Government employees.
5. Children of transferable and non-transferable employees of Autonomous Bodies/ Public Sector Undertakings/Institute of Higher Learning of the State Governments.
6. Children from any other category including the children of Foreign Nationals who are located in India due to their work or for any personal reasons. The Children of Foreign Nationals would be considered only in case there are no children of Indian Nationals waitlisted for admission.
Note: Preference in Admission to wards will be granted based on the number of transfers of the parents in the last 7 years.
KVS Admission 2023-24 for Class 1 Age Limit | Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission Age Limit 2023-24
Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2023-24 for Class 1 Age Limit | KV Admission Age Limit 2023-24 | KV School Admission 2023-24 Class 1 Age Limit |
ELIGIBLE AGE FOR ADMISSION IN CLASS 1
The Ministry of Education advises all State Governments and Union Territory Administrations to align the age of admission with the policy and grant admission to Class 1 (Grade-I) above 6 years. [Latest News from Press Information Bureau Continue to Read..]
As per the mandate of NEP 2020, a child must be 6 years old as on 31.03.2023 in the academic year for which admission is sought for Class 1. (Child born on 1st April should also be considered.) The minimum age for class 1 admission in Kendriya Vidyalaya school has been enhanced from 5 years to 6 years.
A). The minimum and maximum age limit for admission in Kendriya Vidyalayas in various classes is given below: (Child born on 1st April should also be considered.)
|CLASS||MINIMUM AGE ON 31ST MARCH OF THE YEAR IN WHICH ADMISSION IS SOUGHT||MAXIMUM AGE ON 31ST MARCH OF THE YEAR IN WHICH ADMISSION IS SOUGHT|
|I||6 years*||8 years|
|II||7 years||9 years|
|III||7 years||9 years|
|IV||8 years||10 years|
|V||9 years||11 years|
|VI||10 years||12 years|
|VII||11 years||13 years|
|VIII||12 years||14 years|
|IX||13 years||15 years|
|X||14 years||16 years|
* As per mandate of NEP 2020 entry age for Class I has been revised to 6+ years with effect from Academic Session 2022-23.
Note: The maximum age limit can be relaxed by two years in case of Differently abled children by the Principal.
Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2023-24 Reservation Criteria
SCHEDULED CASTE, SCHEDULED TRIBE AND OTHER BACKWARD CLASSES CATEGORY
- 15% seats for Scheduled Caste
- 7.5% seats for Scheduled Tribes
- 27% seats for Other Backward Classes (OBC-NCL) shall be reserved in all fresh admissions in all Kendriya Vidyalayas.
DIFFERENTLY ABLED CATEGORY
- 3% seats of total available seats for fresh admission will be horizontally reserved for Differently Abled-children as per the provisions of RTE Act, 2009.
- Read in conjunction with Persons with Disabilities (Equal Opportunities, Protection of Rights and Full Participation) Act, 1995.
How to Register and Fill Kendriya Vidyalaya Online Admission Form 2023-24 for Class 1
Application form for admissions to class I will be made available from online mode. To obtain the form, the parents need to visit the official website www.kvsonlineadmission.in
- The first step towards application is registration. In the registration form, basic details of the students like name, date of birth, email id, phone no., etc will be asked.
- Once the registration form is submitted successfully, an OTP will be sent on the registered phone number. After verification of OTP, registration will be considered as final.
- Upon registration, the application form can be obtained and filled by providing rest personal details of the candidates.
- Scanned copies of documents like photograph and birth certificate should also be uploaded into application form.
- After providing all the details into the application form, the parents can submit it online.
- Finally, click on the Submit button, an OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number.
- Enter the received OTP for verification
- After successful verification, the application number will be generated.
- Finally, take the printout of the application form that should be kept safe by the parents for future reference.
ADMISSION WITH KV TRANSFER CERTIFICATE INCLUDING LOCAL TRANSFER (TC).
- Admission of children with KV TC will be automatic (over and above Class Strength) if the parent has been transferred from one station to another. When the class strength reaches 55, the efforts should be initiated to open additional sections.
- Defence personnel and Para-military Forces who shift their families to a station of their choice whenever they are transferred to some non-family areas or posted in Naxal affected areas, can admit their children on KV TC in a KV located at the station where they will keep their family.
- In all other cases where transfer of the parent is not involved, the admission with KV TC would be done only with the prior approval of the Deputy Commissioner of the region concerned.
- All cases of local transfer on KV TC will be done with the approval of DC concerned on merit.
- A student with KV TC may also be permitted in project KVs only up to class strength of 45 with the prior concurrence of Chairman, VMC. Beyond this no admission on KV TC would be done in project schools. However, Deputy Commissioner of the region is empowered to allow admission in the project/nearest KV in extremely deserving cases.
STUDENTS OF N.I.O.S / STATE BOARDS / ICSE FOR ADMISSION IN CLASS XI IN KENDRIYA VIDYALAYAS
- The students of State Boards/ ICSE/ NIOS may be considered for admission in class XI if vacancies exist.
FRESH ADMISSION FOR CLASS X AND XII
Fresh admissions to class X & XII, other than KV students, will be entertained subject to availability of vacancies. Such admissions to class X and XII will be considered by the Deputy Commissioner of the Region concerned, only if, the average strength in class X/XII is below 40. This will further be subject to the following conditions:
- The child has been in the same course of studies i.e. in a CBSE-affiliated school.
- For Class X, the child must have obtained not less than 55% marks in aggregate in class IX.
- For admission to class XII, 55% marks in class XI examination is mandatory.
- The child should otherwise be eligible as per KVS admission guidelines.
- The combinations of subjects opted by the student are available in Kendriya Vidyalayas.
ADMISSION OF CHILDREN STUDYING ABROAD SEATS
A KV Student, who went abroad with his parents on their deputation to a foreign country, will be admitted to corresponding class on their return to India by the Principal of Kendriya Vidyalaya, where admission is being sought (such admissions will be over and above the class strength)
ADMISSION FOR VACANT SEATS
In case seats remain vacant after 30th June as the case may be, in the year of admission, Deputy Commissioner of the Region is empowered to allow admissions up to the prescribed strength as per priorities in admission up to 31st July.
Note: In case of any issue related to the interpretation of Admission Guidelines, the decision of Commissioner KVS, will be final.
Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission Procedure 2023-24
Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission Procedure For Class 1
KVS Online Admission Registration 2023-24
- Registration shall not be done if there is no vacancy or likelihood of any vacancy in a particular class. In case a vacancy arises in future, registration can be made after giving wide publicity at local level/Vidyalaya website and admission can be granted as per KVS Admission Guidelines.
- In case the number of children seeking registration is less because of which all seats have not been filled up, the Principal shall issue a second advertisement in the month of May/June notifying the availability of vacancies.
- Admissions are required to be made with the approval of the Executive Committee of the Vidyalaya. In case the Executive Committee does not approve the admissions up to the full sanctioned strength of the class, the Principal shall intimate this fact to the Deputy Commissioner who may approve the admissions.
- Registration for class XI shall be taken up immediately after the declaration of results of class X and admissions up to the full strength of the class should be completed within 20 days after declaration of results by CBSE. In case there is any difficulty in admitting children up to the full strength because of the Executive Committee of the Vidyalaya not approving the same, the procedure as laid down for other classes above shall be followed and admissions up to the sanctioned strength of the class shall be made within 30 days of declaration of CBSE results with the approval of the Deputy Commissioner.
- Registration forms shall be made available by the Principal FREE OF COST. However, for Class-I registration will be done online on Online Admission Portal when the portal is live.
- Registration forms complete in all respects and accompanied by all required documents must be submitted/sent to the Vidyalaya concerned within the prescribed date as per notification of the KVS.
- Attested copies of the prescribed documents would be required to be submitted along with the application form for registration.
Required Documents for KVS Class 1 Admission 2023-24
You must provide all required documentation for KVS Class I at the time of admission for the 2023-24 academic year.
1.DOWNLOADED AND PRINTED COPY OF ONLINE FILLED ADMISSION FORM (Mandatory)
2. Certificate of proof of age in the form of a Birth certificate issued by the authority competent to register births. This will include certificates from Notified Area Council / Municipality / Municipal Corporation extract about the date of birth from records of Village Panchayat, Military Hospital and service records of Defence personnel. (XEROX COPY)
3. Pass Port size colour photo -1
4. Proof of Residence ( Xerox copy)
(Same address as mentioned in online application form)
- Documents: Latest Electricity bill/latest gas bill on the name of the parent of the child.
Quarter allotment letter (in case of Service employee) OR Rental agreement
5. Aadhar card (Xerox copy)
6. Blood group certificate (Xerox copy)
7. A service certificate (ORIGINAL) showing the number of transfers during the preceding 7 years duly signed and stamped by the head of office bearing the name, designation and other relevant particulars in block letters and last two months Salary slips (Xerox copies) and Xerox copy of the Identity card of the parent of the applicant.(If applicable)
8. A certificate that the child belongs to the Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe/EWS/OBC (Non Creamy Layer)/BPL wherever applicable, issued by the Competent Authority in concerned State Government/Union Government (IF APPLICABLE)
9. A certificate from the civil surgeon/rehabilitation centre or any other competent authority defined by the Government of India O. M. No. 36035/5/88 / Estt. (sct) dated 4.5.1999 certifying the child is handicapped, (IF APPLICABLE)
10. A certificate of retirement for uniformed Defence employee. (IF APPLICABLE)
(i) Mere registration will not confer a right to admission.
(ii) Incomplete application forms shall normally be rejected
(iii) Admission secured on the basis of any wrong certificate shall be cancelled by the Principal
forthwith and no appeal against such action of the Principal shall be entertained.
(iv) For admission to class I, the registrations will be done through online mode.
METHOD OF ADMISSION IN CLASS-1
Out of the available seats of fresh admission 25% shall be reserved for Right To Education (Hereafter referred to as ‘RTE’), 15% shall be reserved for SC, 7.5% shall be reserved for ST and 27% seats shall be reserved for “OBC- Non Creamy Layer”. (Hereafter referred to as “OBC-NCL”)
After admission of students under RTE Act followed by Differently Abled (Hereafter referred to as ‘DA’), the children belonging to Cat-1 will be taken up. The students admitted under Cat-i will also include SC/ST/OBC-NCL. Similarly, after admission of Cat-1, admission of Cat-2 will be taken up which will include SC/ST/OBC-NCL (up to Cat-3 in case of Project/IHL School)
The shortfall in the number of candidates on seats reserved for SC, ST and OBC- NCL will be worked out after considering the number of SC/ST/OBC-NCL children admitted under RTE quota and Priority Cat-1 and Cat-2.
The reservation norms shall be applicable within approved class strength 40 students per section
- RTE 25%:10 seats
- SC 15%: 06 seats
- ST 7.5%: 03 seats
- OBC27%: 11 seats
(3% seats for the differently-abled applicant would be reserved horizontally)
After closing of process of registration, the sequence of conduct of lottery by each Kendriya Vidyalaya will be as under:
(a) RTE Lottery
(b) All DA Lotteries
(c) CAT I
(d) CAT II
(h) CAT III
(i) CAT IV
(k) CAT VI (If applicable)
(I) Single Girl Child (Hereafter referred to as ‘SGC’)
The following sequence is to be adopted for the fresh admissions to Class-I in Kendriya Vidyalayas.
(I) First Lot: 10 seats (out of 40 seats) in Class I per section are to be filled as per RTE Provisions (25% of seats) and these 10 seats will be filled by draw of lots from all applications of SC/ST/EWS/BPL/OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) /Differently abled taken together who are the resident of Neighbourhood.
(II) Second Lot: Lottery for Differently Abled candidates of SC/ST/OBC- NCL/Unreserved is to be conducted as per Priority Category.
(III) Third Lot: Remaining seats (after deducting RTE and Differently Abled applicants, if any) wall be filled as per the existing Priority Category of Cat-i and Cat-2 (Cat-i to Cat-3 in case of Project/IHL KV) only up to the sanctioned strength or till all the registered candidates from Cat-i and Cat-2 (Cat-i to Cat-3 in case of Project/IHL KV) is filled.
(IV) Fourth Lot: The total number of SC/ST/OBC-NCL will be counted from the admitted summary of RTE, DA, Cat-i and Cat-2 (Cat-i to Cat-3 in case of Project/IHL KV) admissions done till third phase. Thereafter, the shortfall-in the seats reserved for SC/ST/OBC-NCL, if any, shall be covered by admitting SC/ST/OBC-NCL applicants as per the order of priorities of admission, irrespective of sanctioned strength.
(V) Fifth Lot: After all these processes, if sanctioned strength is not filled and seats are vacant, applicants from Priority Cat-3 (Cat-4 in Project/IHL KV) onwards will be taken up for admission as per existing priority list for unreserved seats only. The unfilled leftover reserved seats of RTE/SC/ST/OBC (NCL) should be kept vacant.
(VI) Filling of leftover vacant reserved seats, in case adequate number of candidates registered online are not available: For filling unfilled quota of reserved seats for RTE/SC/ST/OBC, a separate advertisement is to be given, in the month of April, as per schedule of Admission by the concerned Kendriya Vidyalaya, for offline registration of the candidates belonging to that particular category only to fill the shortfall of reservation quota. The candidates thus registered offline may be admitted based on their Priority Category to fulfil the shortfall of reservation quota. Even after going through the above exercise, if these seats remain vacant, then the following procedure may be adopted:
(a) In no case the seats reserved as per RTE will be de-reserved,
Kendriya Vidyalaya Fee and Concessions 2023-24
FEE AND OTHER CONCESSIONS:
• No fee to be charged from the children admitted under the 25% quota prescribed under RTE Act 2009
• Expenses on account of NCERT text book, note books, stationary, uniform and transport will be reimbursed on production of proper bills in respect of 25% of the children admitted under the RTE Provisions subject to the ceiling prescribed and availability of funds.
• Once the children are admitted in Class I under RTE Act, they will continue to enjoy exemptions and concessions till class VIII either in the same KV or any other K.V. moving on transfer as per RTE Act.
• Address proof of the parent should be furnished at the time of the registration.
• The employees who have the facility of fee reimbursement in their departments cannot claim RTE concessions.
METHOD OF ADMISSION IN CLASS II TO VIII
Admission test shall not be conducted for admission to Class II to VII and the admission may be granted based on Priority Category system (1 to 5 or 6 as the case may be). If applications are more than the number of seats, lottery system will be followed in each category including single girl child quota (Class VI Onwards).
METHOD OF ADMISSION IN CLASS IX
For admission to Class IX, an admission test shall be conducted and a merit list will be prepared for each category of priority separately. Admission shall be granted in the sequence of priority categories, in the order of merit.
(i) Admission test shall be conducted in the subjects: Hindi, English, Maths, Social Science and Science.
(ii) There will be only one paper of Admission test of 3 Hours duration & 100 marks comprising Hindi, English, Maths, Social Science and Science each of 20 marks.
(iii) Candidates must secure 33% marks in aggregate to qualify. Students belonging to SC/ST/Divyang category (PH) will be eligible for admission on securing 25% in aggregate.
METHOD OF ADMISSIONS IN CLASS XI KV Students:
Admission in different streams, Science, Commerce & Humanities be based on merit upto maximum 55 strength in case of KV students as per availability of streams in the Kendriya Vidyalaya. Choice of stream will be taken from students with parent consent before declaration of merit list. Stream will be allotted on the basis of marks obtained in Class X CBSE Board Examination. Once the seats exhausted in one stream students have to take admission in the other available stream in that Vidyalaya. Undertaking is to be obtained from students before finalization of merit list by KV.
Note: If seats remain vacant in class XI even after admitting the children of KV/ neighboring KVs then the admissions to non – KV children may be granted on the same criteria, in the sequence of categories of priority.
What is the recommended age for admission to class 1 by the Ministry of Education?
Ministry of Education advises the States and UTs to Streamline the Class 1 admission Age of 6 years and above.
Which is the main criteria for KV School class 1 admission 2023-24?
The Child age is the important criteria for applying for Kendriya Vidyalaya class 1 admission.
When will Kendriya Vidyalaya Class 1 Admission Process 2023-24 start?
Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2023-24 Class 1 online registration starts from 27.03.2023 on official website kvsonlineadmission.kvs.gov.in as per admission schedule and invites parents to register their wards for admission in KV schools.
How to apply for KV school admission 2023-24 for Std 1?
KVS Class 1 Admission apply only in online mode at the official website kvsonlineadmission.kvs.gov.in or through KVS Admission 2023-24 Mobile App.
Which class is this online registration website applicable for?
The online registration website kvsonlineadmission.kvs.gov.in is applicable only for Kendriya Vidyalaya Std 1 admission.
What is the New Age Limit for KVS Class 1 Admission 2023-24?
The minimum age for class 1 admission in Kendriya Vidyalaya school has been enhanced from 5 years to 6 years. As per the mandate of NEP 2020, the child should be 6 years of age as on 31.03.2023 in the academic year for which admission is sought for Class 1. (Child born on 1st April should also be considered.)
What are all the reservation criteria for KVS admission 2023-24?
15% seats for SC, 7.5% seats for ST and 27% seats for Other Backward Classes (OBC-NCL) and 3% seats of total available seats for fresh admission will be horizontally reserved for Differently Abled-children as per the provisions of RTE Act, 2009.