Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission Notification 2023 Latest News: Application Form, Eligibility Criteria, Important Dates
KVS Online Admission Portal 2023-24
This portal https://kvsonlineadmission.kvs.gov.in/ is exclusively for applying for admission to Std 1 in Kendriya Vidyalayas all over India for the academic year 2023-2024.
The official website link for KV registration for class 1: kvsonlineadmission.kvs.gov.in
The authorities are expected to release the KVS admission registration application 2023 at the KVS admission portal: https://kvsonlineadmission.kvs.gov.in/index.html. Candidates who meet KVS admission eligibility criteria will be allowed to apply for KVS admission registration for class 1. Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan will activate the KVS registration direct link shortly at the KVS online admission 2023 official website after the release of KVS admission 2023 notification. Stay updated for Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2023-24 latest news.
ELIGIBLE AGE FOR ADMISSION
The Ministry of Education advises all State Governments and Union Territory Administrations to align the age of admission with the policy and grant admission to Class 1 (Grade-I) above 6 years. [Latest News from Press Information Bureau Continue to Read..]
As per the mandate of NEP 2020, the child should be 6 years of age as on 31.03.2023 in the academic year for which admission is sought for Class 1. (Child born on 1st April should also be considered.) The minimum age for class 1 admission in Kendriya Vidyalaya school has been enhanced from 5 years to 6 years.
A). The minimum and maximum age limit for admission in Kendriya Vidyalayas in various classes is given below: (Child born on 1st April should also be considered.)
New Age Table for Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2023-24 for Classes from 1 to Class 11
As per new guidelines for KVS Admission 2022, the minimum age for class 1 admission in all KV schools has been increased to 6 years from the academic year 2022-23. So the upcoming KVS admission age table for academic year 2023-24 is given below.
|CLASS||MINIMUM AGE ON 31ST MARCH OF THE YEAR IN WHICH ADMISSION IS SOUGHT||MAXIMUM AGE ON 31ST MARCH OF THE YEAR IN WHICH ADMISSION IS SOUGHT|
|I||6 years*||8 years|
|II||7 years||9 years|
|III||7 years||9 years|
|IV||8 years||10 years|
|V||9 years||11 years|
|VI||10 years||12 years|
|VII||11 years||13 years|
|VIII||12 years||14 years|
|IX||13 years||15 years|
|X||14 years||16 years|
* As per mandate of NEP 2020 entry age for Class I has been revised to 6+ years with effect from Academic Session 2022-23.
New Guidelines for KVS Admission 2023
- 27 percent seats are reserved for OBC category candidates.
- Admission to class 1 will be offered through an online draw of lots.
- Admission to class 2 to 8 will be given on priority basis. It means if the number of applications is more than available seats then the lottery system would be followed.
- Admission to class 9 will be offered based on candidates’ performance in an entrance exam.
- Admission to class 11 will be offered based on candidates’ performance in class 10th and it will start within 20 days of announcement of class 10th result.
- Admissions to class 10 and 12 are subject of availability and according to the guideline of KVS.
- Registration forms will be made available by Principals free of cost.
- Registration for class 1 will be made through the online admission portal.
List of Documents Required for KVS Admission Class 1 (For Students)
All documents should be submitted while approaching admission with the print out of the Registration Form filled online.
- Passport size photo: 2 Nos.
- DOB Proof Certificate
- Residence Proof Certificate
- Blood group Certificate
- Aadhar card
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- Income Certificate (if applicable)
- OBC-Non Creamy Layer
List of Documents Required for KVS Admission Class 1 (For Parents)
- Service Certificate
- Posting order (if any)
- Records of transfers since 2013-2020
KVS Online Admission 2023 Mobile App | https kvsonlineadmission KVS gov in apps
All parents are requested to watch the official website of KVS for Admission Notification for 2023-2024. The admission for class 1 for the academic year 2023-24 will be expected to begin from second week of March 2023. The Android App for KVS school online application will be designed and upload to the play store. All students or parents should be aware of KVS Online App for Class 1 Admission. The Mobile App will be user friendly and can easily download from Google.
The online admission registration through the website of htttps://kvsonlineadmission.kvs.gov.in and the KVS online admission mobile app also.
KVS Class 1 Online Admission Website Link – Click Here
KVS Admission 2023-24 Mobile App Download Link – Click Here
Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2023-24 for Class 1
Documents Required for Class 1 Registration
- Service Central Certificate
- Acceptance Letter Format
- Residence Proof Certificate
- Single Girl Child Certificate
- Transfer Certificate
- Died in Harness Certificate
- OBC Caste certificate
- Service State Certificate
- Option Form Class 11
Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2021-22
Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (HQ)
Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2021-22 For Class 1 to Class 9 and Class 11
The Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan admission process for selection of candidates into KVs all over the country.
Admissions from class I to class XII depending on the number of vacancies in each class and other criteria as applicable. Application form for class I admissions are released online in the month of March while for other classes, the form is made available online in the month of April. Candidates can find complete details related to the KV Admission 2021.
KV School New Holiday List 2021 Released on 05.01.2021 – KV School Holiday List 2021-22
Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2021-22 will be available from 1st April 2021. After the release of the official Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2021-22 notification, the online application link will be available. The application forms for Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2021-22 for Class 11 will be issued immediately after the declaration of Class 10 results. Candidates can check the complete details about the Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2021-22
KVS Admission Important Dates 2021-2022
KVS Admission Schedule 2021-22 – Released Fourth week of March, 2021 (26.03.2021)
KV Admission Online 2021-22 Class 1
- Start of KVS Online Registration for Class 1 at kvsonlineadmission.kvs.gov.in – 01.04.2021 (Thursday) 10:00 AM onwards
- Last date of KVS Online Registration for Class 1 at kvsonlineadmission.kvs.gov.in – 19.04.2021 (Monday) till 7:00 PM (19 days)
- Kendriya Vidyalaya Class 1 admission first merit list releasing date – 23.04.2021 (Friday)
- Kendriya Vidyalaya Class 1 admission second merit list releasing date – 30.04.2021 (Friday) (if seats remain vacant)
- Kendriya Vidyalaya Class 1 admission third merit list releasing date – 05.05.2021 (Wednesday) (if seats remain vacant)
KVS Admission 2021-22 for Class 2 to Class 9
- Kendriya Vidyalaya Registration for Class 2 onwards in offline mode (except Class XI) – 08.04.2021 (Thursday) to 15.04.2021 (Thursday)
- Kendriya Vidyalaya Class 2 onwards selection list releasing date – 19.04.2021 at 4:00 PM (Monday)
- Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission for class 2 onwards – 20.04.2021 (Tuesday) to 27.04.2021 (Tuesday)
- Last date of KVS admission for all classes except class XI – 31.05.2021 (Monday)
KVS Admission 2021-22 for Class 11
- For KV students: Registration for admission in class XI – Within 10 days after declaration of class X results
- KV students: Display of admission list & admissions for Class-XI – Within 20 days after declaration of class X results.
- Non-KV students: Registration, display of admission list & admissions in class XI (Subject to availability of vacancies) – After the admissions of KV students in class XI.
- Last date of admission for class – XI – 30 days from the date of declaration of class-X results by CBSE.
KV Admission Eligibility Criteria 2021 | Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2021-22 – Age Limit
Check minimum and maximum age limit (as on 31st March 2021) for class 1 to X of Kendriya Vidyalayas are given below in the table:
|Class||Minimum Age||Upper Age Limit|
|I||5 Years||7 Years|
|II||6 Years||8 Years|
|III||7 Years||9 Years|
|IV||8 Years||10 Years|
|V||9 Years||11 Years|
|VI||10 Years||12 Years|
|VII||11 Years||13 Years|
|VIII||12 Years||14 Years|
|IX||13 Years||15 Years|
|X||14 Years||16 Years|
KV Admission: Age Relaxation
There is 02 years age relaxation to the physically handicapped candidates.
In case of Class IX candidates, no age restriction is there if the candidate is seeking admission in the class X in the same year.
For class XII students, there is no age limit prescribed if there is no break in the continuous study.
KV Admission: Seat Relaxation
3% for Physically Handicapped Candidates
5% for Schedule Tribe Candidates
15% for Scheduled Caste candidates
25% for candidates belonging to EWS (Economically Weaker Section) Category.
Reservation in KVS Admission 2021-22
Reservation in Admission for Class 1 in KV School
SCHEDULED CASTE, SCHEDULED TRIBE, AND OTHER BACKWARD CLASSES CATEGORY: 15% seats for Scheduled Caste, 7.5% seats for Scheduled Tribes, and 27% seats for Other Backward Classes (OBC-NCL) shall be reserved in all fresh admissions in all Kendriya Vidyalayas.
DIFFERENTLY ABLED CATEGORY: 3% seats of the total available seats for fresh admission will be horizontally reserved for Differently Abled-children as per the provisions of the RTE Act, 2009. Read in conjunction with Persons with Disabilities (Equal Opportunities, Protection of Rights and Full Participation) Act, 1995.
KV Admission 2021-2022 Application Form For class I:
Application form for admissions to class I will be made available from 17th July 2021 through online mode. To obtain the form, the parents need to visit the official website www.kvsonlineadmission.in
- The first step towards application is registration. In the registration form, basic details of the students like name, date of birth, email id, phone no., etc will be asked.
- Once the registration form is submitted successfully, an OTP will be sent on the registered phone number. After verification of OTP, registration will be considered as final.
- Upon registration, the application form can be obtained and filled by providing rest personal details of the candidates.
- Scanned copies of documents like photograph and birth certificate should also be uploaded into application form.
- After providing all the details into the application form, the parents can submit it online.
- Upon submission, an application number will be generated that should be kept safe by the parents for future reference.
KV Admission 2021 Application Form For class II onwards:
- Parents can obtain the application form by visiting the Principal’s office of any Kendriya Vidyalaya.
- Application form can be filled by providing basic personal and academic details of the candidates.
- Duly filled application form should be submitted along with the copies of the important documents to the same KV.
- A copy of the duly-filled application form should also be kept by the parents for further correspondence.
Important documents to be enclosed with application form:
The following documents (attested photocopies) should be submitted along with the application form:
- Proof of age in the form of a birth certificate issued by the authority competent to register births
- A proof of relationship for grandchildren of Hon’ble Member of Parliament, PSU employees and KVS employee
- Category certificate for SC/ ST/ OBC-NCL/ EWS/ BPL
- Disability certificate from a civil surgeon/rehabilitation centre or any other competent authority
- A service certificate showing the number of transfers during the preceding 7 years
- Certificate of retirement for uniformed Defence employees
- Proof of residence
KV Admission Selection List:
A list of successfully registered candidates will be drawn and made available on the official website of KVS.
Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission Process 2021-2022
Class I: Selection of the candidates will be done on the basis of priority category system. For seats under RTE provision, selection of students will be done by drawing of lots.
Class II to VIII: Selection of the candidates will be done on the basis of Priority category system. If applications are more than the number of seats, lottery system will be followed.
Class IX: Selection of candidates will be done on the basis of their performance in admission test conducted by the KVS. Knowledge of candidates in subjects of Hindi, English, Mathematics, Social Science and Science will be assessed.
Class X: Candidates with at least 55% marks in class IX can apply for admission in case there is any vacancy available.
Class XI: Selection of candidates will be done on the basis of their performance in board exams. For Science stream a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate of all subjects, 55% for Commerce stream and passing marks for Humanities stream is required.
Class XII: Candidates with at least 55% marks in class XI can apply for admission in case there is any vacancy available.
KVS Admission Result 2021-22: Third provisional list for admission for Class 1 will be released on 05 July 2021.
- KVS Admission for class II onwards – 25.06.2021 (Friday) to 30.06.2021 (Wednesday)
- Last date of KVS admission for all classes except class XI – 31.08.2021 (Tuesday)
- KVS Class 1 Admission Merit Result 2021-22: Region-wise Live Lottery Time Schedule PDF Download
- KVs of Chennai Region Class 1 Admission Result 2021-22: Live Lottery Time Schedule
Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission For Class 2 to 9
Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission For Class 2 and above will be available offline registration mode only – Kindly fill the Registration form, Scan it and send it to concerned KV through email only [For details click here]
KVS Admission Guidelines 2021-22 PDF Download
The new admission guidelines issued by the Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan and implemented in the academic year 2021-22. The complete details of KV school admission rules and regulations in the pdf file. [Click here to download KVS Admission General Guidelines 2021-22 pdf]
Who is eligible for Class 1 admission in Kendriya Vidyalaya?
The minimum age for admission to Std 1 is 6 years and the maximum admissible age is 8 years, with a 2 year relaxation in upper age limit for “Differently-Abled” candidates.
How to apply for KV school admission for Std 1?
KVS Class 1 Admission apply only in online mode at the official website kvsonlineadmission.kvs.gov.in or through KVS Admission 2023-24 Mobile App.
What is the age limit for KVS Class 1 Admission 2023-24?
A child must be minimum 6 years old as on 31st March for KVS Class 1 Admission. (Child born on 1st April should also be considered.)
What are the KV School Fees Structure in 2023-24?
Fee structure in KV schools. Admission Fee Rs. 25, Tuition Fee Rs. 200, Computer Fund Rs. 150, and Vidyalaya Vikas Nidhi Rs. 500.
Which class is this online registration website applicable for?
This online registration website kvsonlineadmission.kvs.gov.in is applicable only for Std 1 admission.
Will there be any exam before Class 1 admission?
There is no entrance exam for Class 1 admission.
How many Kendriya Vidyalayas can I apply to using one application?
You can apply for at most 3 KVs in an application.