Holiday Homes E-Sampada Portal FAQ
I. ELIGIBILITY AND ENTITLEMENTS
1. What is General Pool Residential Accommodation or Government residential accommodation [GRA].
General Pool Residential Accommodation [GPRA] means Central Government residential accommodations under the administrative control of the Directorate of Estates in Delhi and at 39 stations outside Delhi like Kolkata, Mumbai, Chennai, Chandigarh etc. Allotment of GPRA is governed as per provisions of the Central Government General Pool Residential Accommodation Rules, 2017 and executive instructions issued there under from time to time.
2. Who is eligible to apply?
All Central Government employees who are working in the offices, which have been specifically declared eligible for General Pool, are entitled for allotment of accommodation from General Pool.
3. What is eligible zone for applying GPRA?
The entire area of NCT of Delhi is eligible zone for allotment of GPRA in Delhi. For other cities, the city limits of a particular city or area declared by the regional offices of the Directorate of Estates or CPWD is considered for allotment.
4. How is the eligibility decided for GPRA in case of different Central Government offices within Delhi?
A Central Government office which fulfils the following requirements may make an online application in duplicate to the Directorate of Estates for allotment of accommodation in Delhi after obtaining approval of the Joint Secretary of the Ministry concerned:
(a) the location of the office in Delhi has been approved by the Cabinet or Cabinet Committee on Accommodation;
(b) the office is a part and parcel of the Secretariat of a Ministry or an attached or subordinate office of a Ministry or a Department of the Government of India;
(c) the staff is paid from the Consolidated Fund of India; and
(d) the office is situated within the limits of the National Capital Territory of Delhi.
5. How is the eligibility decided for GPRA in case of different Central Government offices located in places other than Delhi?
A Central Government office in places other than Delhi which fulfill the following requirements may make an online application in duplicate to the Directorate of Estates for grant of eligibility for accommodation after obtaining the approval of the Joint Secretary of the Ministry concerned:
a. the office is a part and parcel of the Secretariat of a Ministry or an attached or subordinate
b. the staff is paid from the Consolidated Fund of India;
c. the office is within the municipal limits of the city or town;
6. Whether the employees and officers of offices having Departmental residential accommodation constructed by the Departments on their own, are also eligible for general pool residential accommodation or not?
The employees and officers of offices having their own Departmental pool residential accommodation are also eligible for general pool residential accommodation. However, to avail GPRA they have to submit a certificate from their office stating that ‘no junior to the applicant has been given in turn’ allotment from the Departmental Pool. Certificates which do not specifically mention the preceding term will not be accepted.
7. What are the entitlements for various types of residential accommodation?
The General Pool Residential Accommodation has been classified in 11 categories (excluding Hostel accommodation) as per Rule 8 of the Central Government General Pool Residential Accommodation Rules, 2017. The entitlement of an applicant for a particular type is determined with reference to the level in the pay matrix drawn by the applicant in his/her present post held in the Government of India at the time of application.
Allotment procedure of GPRA
Allotments under the GPRA are based on a ‘Unified Waiting List’ for a particular type of accommodation. In this waiting list, all applicants, including those waiting for initial allotment, as well as change of accommodation, are clubbed together. The allotments are made, based on their date of priority and seniority. Each applicant gets two allotments in each type of accommodation, i.e., initial and change.
- All information regarding locations of Holiday Homes and Touring Officers Hostels may kindly be seen on the website of eSampada i.e. esampada.gov.in.
How is booking done for Holiday Homes / Touring Officers Hostels?
Ordinarily, the booking is released on ‘first-come first-serve’ basis in terms of booking ID No. generated after submission of online application in the website holidayhomes.nic.in.
Priority shall be given in the following order:
- Sitting Member of Parliament
- Serving Central Govt. Employees
- Retired Central Govt. Employees
- Serving/Retired employees of State Governments/Union Territories/Central PSUs/Autonomous/ Statutory bodies employees
In Touring Officers Hostels priority shall be given to serving Central Government officials who are on official tour. Member of Parliament shall be given priority over others subject to availability of accommodation on the date of receipt of request by the Allotting Authority.
How is booking done for Holiday Homes / Touring Officers Hostels? What is the time limit for submission of online application for Holiday Homes / Touring Officers Hostels ?
- Serving Central Government employees can apply online within 60 days from the Check-in-date.
- Retired Central Govt. Employees can apply online within 15 days from the Check-in-date.
- Serving/Retired employees of State Govts. /Union Territories/ PSUs/ Statutory/ Autonomous Bodies under the Central/State/UT can apply within seven days from the Check-in-date.
What are the charges and terms and conditions for booking the Holiday Homes / Touring Officer’s Hostels ?
- For all details regarding charges and terms and conditions for booking the Holiday Homes / Touring Officer’s Hostels may kindly be seen from holidayhomes.nic.in. – Central Government Holiday Home Rates