List of BSNL Holidays 2021 | BSNL Holidays 2021 in India
भारत संचार निगम लिमिटेड
(भारत सरकार का उपक्रम)
BHARAT SANCHAR NIGAM LIMITED
(A Govt. of India Enterprise)
Telecom Establishment (TH) Section
TEL: 011-23734364, 23734051 (Fax)
File No. BSNLCO-A/14(14)/2/2020-ESTAB
Heads of Telecom Circles/
All Heads of metro Districts /
All Heads of Administrative Unit, BSNL.
Subject: Holidays to be observed in BSNL Offices during the year 2021- reg.
In accordance with Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions (Deptt. of Personnel & Training) O.M. No. 12/9/2020-JCA-2 dated 10% June 2020, it has been decided by the Competent Authority that the holidays as specified in the Annexure -I to this O.M. will be observed in all the BSNL Offices located at Delhi / New Delhi during the year 2021. In addition, each employee will also be allowed to avail himself/herself of any two holidays to be chosen by him/her out of the list of Restricted Holidays in Annexure – II.
2. BSNL Administrative Offices located outside Delhi / New Delhi shall observe the following holidays compulsorily in addition to three holidays as per para 3.1 below:
- REPUBLIC DAY
- INDEPENDENCE DAY
- MAHATMA GANDHI’S BIRTHDAY
- BUDDHA PURNIMA
- CHRISTMAS DAY
- DUSSEHRA (VIJAY DASHMI)
- DIWALI (DEEPAVALI)
- GOOD FRIDAY
- GURU NANAK’S BIRTHDAY
- IDU’L FITR
- IDU’L ZUHA
- MAHAVIR JAYANTI
- PROPHET MOHAMMAD’S BIRTHDAY (ID-E-MILAD)
3.1. In addition to the above 14 Compulsory holidays mentioned in para 2, three holidays shall be decided from the list indicated below by the Circle Heads of Territorial Circles in consultation with the Circle Staff Welfare Board and the representative Union and keeping in view the recommendation of the Central Government Employees Coordination Committee in the State Capitals. The final list applicable uniformly to all BSNL offices within the territorial jurisdiction of the concerned State shall be notified accordingly and a copy endorsed to the Corporate Office within a period of 4 weeks of issue of this letter and no change can be carried out thereafter. It is also clarified that no change is permissible in regard to festivals and dates as indicated.
- AN ADDITIONAL DAY FOR DUSSEHRA
- JANAMASHTAMI (VAISHNAVI)
- RAM NAVAMI
- MAHA SHIVRATRI
- GANESH CHATURTHI / VINAYAK CHATURTHI
- MAKAR SANKARANTI
- RATH YATRA
- SRI PANCHAMI / BASANT PANCHAMI
- VISHU / VAISAKHI / VAISAKHADI / BHAG BIHU / MASHADI UGADI/CHAITRA SUKLADI / CHETI CHAND / GUDI PADAVA /18T NAVRATRA /NAORAZ / CHHATH POOJA / KARVA CHAUTH.
3.2 No substitute holiday should be allowed if any of the festival holidays, initially declared, subsequently happens to fall on a weekly off or any other non-working day or in the event of more than one festival falling on the same day.
4. The list of Restricted Holidays appended to this O.M. is meant for BSNL Offices located in Delhi / New Delhi. The Heads of Territorial Circle in consultation with the Circle Staff Welfare Board and the representative Union and Keeping in view the recommendations of the Central Government Employees Co-ordination Committee in the State Capitals may draw up separate list of Restricted Holidays keeping in view the occasions of local importance but the 9 occasions left over, after choosing the 3 variable holidays in para 3.1 above, are to be included in the list of restricted holidays.
5.1 For offices in Delhi / New Delhi, any change in the date of holidays in respect of Idu’l Fitr, Idu’l Zuha, Muharram and Id-e-Milad, if hecessary, depending upon sighting of the Moon, would be declared by the Ministry of Personnel. Public Grievances and Pensions after ascertaining the position from. the Govt. of NCT of Delhi (DCP, Special Branch, Delhi Police),
5.2 For offices outside Delhi / New Delhi, the Heads of Territorial Circles are authorized to change the date of holiday, if necessary, based on the decision of the concerned State Governments / Union Territories, in respect of ldul Fitr, Idul Zuha, Muharram and Id-e-Milad.
5.3 It may happen that the change of date of the above occasions has to be declared at a very short notice. In such a situation, announcement could be made through P.I.B/T.V. /A.L.R. / Newspapers and the Heads of Territorial Circles may take action according to such an announcement without waiting for a formal order, about the change of date.
6. During 2021, Diwali (Deepavali) falls on Thursday, November 4, 2021 (Kartika 13). In certain States, the practice is to celebrate the occasion a day in advance, i.e., on “Naraka Chaturdasi Day”. In view of this, there is no objection if holiday on account of Deepawali is observed on – “Naraka Chaturdasi Day (in place of Deepavali Day) for the BSNL Offices in a State in that State that day alone is declared as a compulsory holiday for Diwali for the offices of the State Government.
7. BSNL Offices which include industrial, commercial and trading establishments would observe upto 16 holidays in a year including three national holidays viz. Republic Day, Independence Day and Mahatma Gandhi’s birthday, as compulsory holidays. The remaining holidays / occasions may be determined by respective Heads of Circle themselves for the year 2021, subject to para 3.2 above.
(Keshav Kumar )
Assistant General Manager (Estt. II)
As per the Central Govt guidelines, 14 days are declared as compulsory holidays including three National holidays (Republic Day, Independence Day and Mahatma Gandhi’s Birthday) and 12 days optional holidays (Holi, Onam, Pongal). In some of the BSNL regions such as Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu, Kerala, and NER, due to the importance of local festivals, the holiday list slightly varies the New Delhi list. Particularly, the three restricted holidays (Effective Holidays) will be decided by the CGWCC (Central Government Welfare Co-ordination Committee) in the respective State.
List of Holidays in BSNL office during the year 2021
BSNL Holidays in January 2021
- January 26 Tuesday 2021 – Republic Day
BSNL Holidays in March 2021
- March 11 Thursday 2021 – Maha Shivarathri
- March 28 Sunday 2021 – Holi
BSNL Holidays in April 2021
- April 2 Friday 2021 – Good Friday
- April 8 Thursday 2021 – Buddha Purnima
- April 14 Wednesday 2021 – Dr Ambedkar Jayanti
- April 21 Wednesday 2021 – Ram Navami
- April 25 Sunday 2021 – Mahavir Jayanti
READ ALSO: Post Office Holidays 2021 India
BSNL Holidays in May 2021
- May 13 Thursday 2021 – Idul Fitr
BSNL Holidays in June 2021
- June 24 Thursday 2021 – Sant Guru Kabir Jayanti
BSNL Holidays in July 2021
- July 20 Tuesday 2021 – Bakrid / Eid al Adha
BSNL Holidays in August 2021
- August 10 Tuesday 2021 – Muharram
- August 15 Sunday 2021 – Independence Day
- August 22 Sunday 2021 – Raksha Bandhan
- August 30 Monday 2021 – Janmashtami
BSNL Holidays in October 2021
- October 2 Saturday 2021 – Gandhi Jayanti
- October 15 Friday 2021 – Vijaya Dashami
- October 18 Monday 2021 – Eid e Milad
BSNL Holidays in November 2021
- November 4 Thursday 2021 – Diwali
- November 19 Friday 2021 – Guru Nanak Jayanti
BSNL Holidays in December 2021
- December 18 Saturday 2021 – Guru Ghasidas Jayanti
- December 25 Saturday 2021 – Christmas day