7th CPC AICPIN
AICPIN – Expected DA Calculation for Central Government Employees and Pensioners
AICPIN – ALL INDIA CONSUMER PRICE INDEX NUMBERS
AICPIN stands for All India Consumer Price Index Number. It is a measure of inflation in India and is used to calculate the dearness allowance and dearness relief for government employees and pensioners respectively. It is published by the Labour Bureau, Ministry of Labour and Employment, on a monthly basis. The AICPIN is based on the changes in the retail prices of specified goods and services, and it reflects the buying pattern of the urban population in India. It is an important economic indicator for policymakers, as it helps in formulating various economic and monetary policies.
The Labour Bureau of All India Consumer Price Index Number for the month of July 2023 has been released on 31-08-2023. The All-India CPI-IW for July, 2023 increased by 3.3 points and stood at 139.7
According to the latest release of AICPIN for July 2023, DA will be expected to the rate of 50% for central government employees and pensioners from Jan 2024 onwards. [AICPIN July 2023 Press Release PDF]
DA Order Jan 2023 for Central Govt Employees
The Dearness Allowance for Central Government Employees and Dearness Relief for Pensioners to get 42% with 4% increase in existing rate of DA 38% (38% + 4% = 42%) from January 2023 [DA Order Jan 2023 PDF…]
Consumer Price Index Numbers for Industrial Workers on Base (CPI IW BY 2001=100)
The Consumer Price Index for Industrial Workers (CPI IW BY 2001=100) is the key factor for determining Dearness Allowance for Central Government Employees and Pensioners. Labour Bureau is being released the statistics of CPI (IW) through its official portal. On the last working day of every month, the Labour Bureau is released the AICPIN of succeeding month.
AICPIN Table Labour Bureau
AICPIN 2022 – AIPCIN Linking Factor (Conversion Factor) is 2.88
As per the New Price Index Series 2016, the AICPIN converted to 2001 Series by the linking factor of 2.88:
New Series of AICPIN (IW) Base Year 2016=100
How to convert the AICPIN from the 2001=100 series to the new 2016=100 series?
The central Government has recently published the linking factor (Conversion factor) for the new 2016 series. The linking factor is 2.88. To convert to a new AICPIN 2016 series number, multiply the current AICPIN number by 2.88 and rounding off to the next whole number.
AICPIN Table 2023
|Month / Year||CPI (IW) BY 2001||CPI (IW) BY 2016|
|AICPIN January 2023||132.8 x 2.88 = 382||132.8|
|AICPIN February 2023||132.7 x 2.88 = 382||132.7|
|AICPIN March 2023||133.3 x 2.88 = 384||133.3|
|AICPIN April 2023||134.2 x 2.88 = 386||134.2|
|AICPIN May 2023||134.7 x 2.88 = 388||134.7|
|AICPIN June 2023||136.4 x 2.88 = 393||136.4|
|AICPIN July 2023||139.7 x 2.88 = 402||139.7|
- AICPIN for January 2022 DA Calculation = 125.1 x 2.88 = 360.29
- AICPIN for February 2022 DA Calculation = 125.0 x 2.88 = 360.00
- AICPIN for March 2022 DA Calculation = 126.0 x 2.88 = 362.88
- AICPIN for April 2022 DA Calculation = 127.7 x 2.88 = 367.78
- AICPIN for May 2022 DA Calculation = 129.0 x 2.88 = 371.52
- AICPIN for June 2022 DA Calculation = 129.2 x 2.88 = 372.07
- AICPIN for July 2022 DA Calculation = 129.9 x 2.88 = 374.11
- AICPIN for August 2022 DA Calculation = 130.2 x 2.88 = 374.98
- AICPIN for September 2022 DA Calculation = 131.3 x 2.88 = 378.14
- AICPIN for October 2022 DA Calculation = 132.5 x 2.88 = 381.6
- AICPIN for November 2022 DA Calculation = 132.5 x 2.88 = 381.6
- AICPIN for December 2022 DA Calculation = 132.3 x 2.88 = 381.0
- AICPIN for January 2021 DA Calculation = 118.2 x 2.88 = 340.42
- AICPIN for February 2021 DA Calculation = 119 x 2.88 = 342.72
- AICPIN for March 2021 DA Calculation = 119.6 x 2.88 = 344.45
- AICPIN for April 2021 DA Calculation = 120.1 x 2.88 = 345.89
- AICPIN for May 2021 DA Calculation – 120.6 x 2.88 = 347.33
- AICPIN for June 2021 DA Calculation – 121.7 x 2.88 = 350.47
- AICPIN for July 2021 DA Calculation – 122.8 x 2.88 = 353.66
- AICPIN for August 2021 DA Calculation – 123 x 2.88 = 354.24
- AICPIN for September 2021 DA Calculation – 123.3 x 2.88 = 355.10
- AICPIN for October 2021 DA Calculation – 124.9 x 2.88 = 359.71
- AICPIN for November 2021 DA Calculation – 125.7 x 2.88 = 362.01
- AICPIN for December 2021 DA Calculation – 125.4 x 2.88 = 361.15
New Series of AICPIN (IW) Base Year 2016=100
|Month / Year||CPI (IW) BY 2016|
|AICPIN September 2020||118.1|
|AICPIN October 2020||119.5|
|AICPIN November 2020||119.9|
|AICPIN December 2020||118.8|
|AICPIN January 2021||118.2|
|AICPIN February 2021||119|
|AICPIN March 2021||119.6|
|AICPIN April 2021||120.1|
|AICPIN May 2021||120.6|
|AICPIN June 2021||121.7|
|AICPIN July 2021||122.8|
|AICPIN August 2021||123|
|AICPIN September 2021||123.3|
|AICPIN October 2021||124.9|
|AICPIN November 2021||125.7|
|AICPIN December 2021||125.4|
|AICPIN January 2022||125.1|
|AICPIN February 2022||125|
|AICPIN March 2022||126|
|AICPIN April 2022||127.7|
|AICPIN May 2022||129|
|AICPIN June 2022||129.2|
|AICPIN July 2022||129.9|
|AICPIN August 2022||130.2|
|AICPIN September 2022||131.3|
|AICPIN October 2022||132.5|
|AICPIN November 2022||132.5|
|AICPIN December 2022||132.3|
|AICPIN January 2023||132.8|
|AICPIN February 2023||132.7|
|AICPIN March 2023||133.3|
|AICPIN April 2023||134.2|
|AICPIN May 2023||134.7|
|AICPIN June 2023||136.4|
|AICPIN July 2023||139.7|
What is AICPIN?
AICPIN is a statistical number factor to determine many things in the economic sector. The full form is the All-India Consumer Price Index Numbers. And also called Consumer Price Index for Industrial Workers (Base Year 2001=100). Ministry of Labour and Employment released the new series of Consumer Price Index for Industrial Worker (CPI-IW) with base year 2016. The new series of CPI-IW with base 2016 has replaced the existing series with base 2001.
What is a Linking Factor?
The base year of the AICPIN was changed in 2006. The Base year change from 1982=100 to 2001=100. The connecting factor is called a linking factor. The linking factor between 1982 and 2001 Series for the All-India is 4.63. The central Government has recently published the linking factor (Conversion factor) for the new 2016 series. The linking factor is 2.88.
The 6th pay commission had recommended changing the series of AICPIN from 1982=100 to 2001=100. The 7th pay commission recommended continuing the same.
What is the Fitment Factor?
Fitment factor is the average AICPIN of 12 months. The last year of the 6th CPC tenure is 2015 (2006 to 2016). So, the average index of the year 2015 is the fitment factor (261.42).
The list of AICPIN from January 2020 is given below..
- AICPIN January 2020 Stands at 330 Points
- AICPIN February 2020 Stands at 328 Points
- AICPIN March 2020 Stands at 326 Points
- AICPIN April 2020 Stands at 329 Points
- AICPIN May 2020 Stands at 330 Points
- AICPIN June 2020 Stands at 332 Points
- AICPIN July 2020 Stands at 336 Points
- AICPIN August 2020 Stands at 338 Points
- AICPIN for September 2020 DA Calculation = 118.1 x 2.88 = 340.12
- AICPIN for October 2020 DA Calculation = 119.5 x 2.88 = 344.16
- AICPIN for November 2020 DA Calculation = 119.9 x 2.88 = 345.31
- AICPIN for December 2020 DA Calculation = 118.8 x 2.88 = 342.14
What is AICPIN?
AICPIN stands for All India Consumer Price Index. It is a measure of changes in the retail prices of a basket of commonly consumed goods and services in India.
What is the relevance of AICPIN to the 7th Pay Commission?
The AICPIN is used by the 7th Pay Commission to calculate the Dearness Allowance (DA) for government employees. The DA is a component of the salary that helps protect against inflation.
How is the AICPIN calculated?
The AICPIN is calculated based on the average of the CPI (IW) figures for specified months. The CPI (IW) is the Consumer Price Index for Industrial Workers.
What are the CPI (IW) figures mentioned in the content?
The CPI (IW) figures mentioned in the content are the CPI (IW) index values for the respective months. These values are multiplied by a fitment factor of 2.88 to convert them into the base year (2001) index values.
How is the AICPIN used to calculate the Dearness Allowance?
The AICPIN is used as a basis to determine the DA percentage for government employees. The DA is calculated based on the difference between the average AICPIN values for a period of 12 months and the base year AICPIN value. The DA percentage is then applied to the basic salary to determine the additional amount.
Read More AICPIN Latest News:
- AICPIN for November 2015 – Expected DA from Jan 2016 January 1, 2016Read more…
- Expected DA Jan 2016 : AICPIN for the month of October 2015 December 1, 2015Read more…
- Expected DA Jan 2016 – AICPIN for September 2015 October 30, 2015Read more…
- AICPIN Points to be released today for the month of September October 30, 2015Read more…
- Expected DA January 2016 – AICPIN for August 2015 October 1, 2015Read more…
- AICPIN for July 2015 – ‘Expected DA from January 2016’ begins… August 31, 2015Read more…
- 2015 July’s AICPIN points to be published today by the Labour Bureau August 31, 2015Read more…
- Expected DA July 2015 finalized – AICPIN for the month of June 2015 August 1, 2015Read more…
- Simple Tool with input of AICPIN – Expected DA from July 2015 and Jan 2016 July 26, 2015Read more…
- Expected DA July 2015 – Index of CPI(IW) BY2001=100 for the month of May 2015 July 2, 2015Read more…
- AICPIN for the month of May 2015 – 2 Points increased from 256 to 258 June 30, 2015Read more…
- ‘Expected DA July 2015’ to be finalized – May 2015 AICPIN to be announced today June 30, 2015Read more…
- AICPIN points for the Month of May to be Announced Tomorrow June 29, 2015Read more…
- Dearness Allowance: Centre to survey spending patters of working class to finalise CPI numbers. June 16, 2015Read more…
- The price index is just increased one point from its current of 253 and stands at 254 – AICPIN For March 2015 May 1, 2015Read more…
- Annual rate of inflation based on monthly WPI stood at 2.33% for March 2015 April 15, 2015Read more…
- Expected DA From July 2015 – AICPIN for the month of Feb 2015 April 1, 2015Read more…
- AICPIN for Feb 2015 – Labour Bureau Published April 1, 2015Read more…
- AICPIN for Jan 2015 : CPI-IW Base Year 2001=100 for the month of January 2015 February 28, 2015Read more…
- Expected Dearness Allowance: Two More Instalments for the tenure of 6th Pay Commission February 2, 2015Read more…
- AICPIN for December 2014 – No change and stands at 253 January 30, 2015Read more…
- Comparison of Existing and Revised Series of Consumer Price Index January 25, 2015Read more…
- Central Govt release – New series of Consumer Price Index from February 2015 January 23, 2015Read more…
- Expected DA Jan 2015 January 7, 2015Read more…
- AICPIN for the month of November 2014 – No change January 1, 2015Read more…
- Expected AICPIN for Nov 2014 – Will the AICPIN rise? December 22, 2014Read more…
- AICPIN for the Month of October 2014 – Labour Bureau Press Release November 29, 2014Read more…
- 7th CPC DA Calculation – Important factor of AICPI (IW) BY 2001 continue or not..? November 18, 2014Read more…
- Expected DA from Jan 2015 – Comparison of DA Calculation from 2006 to 2014 November 4, 2014Read more…
- AICPIN for September 2014 – CPI Stands at 253 October 31, 2014Read more…
- AICPIN for the month of August 2014 – 1 Points increased and stands at 253 September 30, 2014Read more…