National Holiday Allowance (NHA) to Non-gazetted Employees who are getting higher pay level under MACPS – Railway Board Order RBE No. 96/2023
The National Holiday Allowance (NHA) to non-gazetted employees who are receiving higher pay levels under the Modified Assured Career Progression Scheme (MACPS). This move aims to provide fair compensation to these employees for working on national holidays. The NHA will be an additional benefit on top of their regular salary, ensuring that their efforts are duly recognized and rewarded. This decision reflects the government’s commitment to promoting employee welfare and ensuring equitable treatment for all non-gazetted employees under the MACPS.
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
New Delhi, dated 31.07.2023
The General Managers and PFAs,
All Indian Railways
and Production Units etc.
Sub: Clarification regarding grant of National Holiday Allowance (NHA) to those non-gazetted employees who are getting higher pay level under MACPS.
Ref.: Board’s letter No. E(P&A)I-2021/HL-1 dated 04.02.2022 (RBE No. 14/2022).
Attention is invited to Railway Board’s instructions referred above clarifying that NHA would be admissible to those eligible non-gazetted employees who are getting higher pay level beyond level-8 under MACPS, at the rates prescribed for the substantive post held by them.
2. The issue regarding date of effect of Board’s letter dated 04.02.2022 has been examined in Board’s Office. It is stated that Board’s instructions dated 04.02.2022 would be effective from 04.02.2022 onwards.
3. This issues with the concurrence of the Finance Directorate of the Ministry of Railways.
4. This disposes of South Central Railway’s letter No. P[R]/55/NHA/III dated 02.08.2022.
5. Please acknowledge receipt.
Dy. Director/E (P&A)I,
Paid to a Railway employee who is rostered to work on a National Holiday.
Admissible also in following cases:
- A Railway employee works for part of a day on National Holiday.
- Rostered rest.
- Railway employee on journey.
- Off duty after booking for duty.
- Awaiting booking for duty after completion of rest.
- RPF staff.
- Casual Labour.
- Railway employee attending training courses.
- NHA goes up by 25% whenever DA goes up by 50%.