Dopt Orders on Children Education Allowance 2023
Reimbursement of Children Education Allowance (CEA) to Central Government Servants having Divyang Children – Dopt Order Dated 17.2.2023
Expand the scope of Children Education Allowance for the educational need of Divyang children who are unable to attend school, the reimbursement of Children Education Allowance (CEA) for Divyang children of government employees shall be payable at double the normal rates of CEA. i.e. Rs. 4500/- per month. The Hostel subsidy and CEA can be claimed concurrently. The reimbursement of CEA and Hostel subsidy will be done just once in a financial year after completion of financial year.
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
Department of Personnel & Training
Block-IV, Old JNU Campus, New Delhi
Dated : 17.02.2023
Subject: Reimbursement of Children Education Allowance (CEA) to Central Government servants having Divyang Children.
In continuation of this Department’s O.M. No. A-27012/02/2017-Estt.(AL) dated 17.07.2018 for payment of Children Education Allowance to Central Government servants, it has been decided to expand the scope of Children Education Allowance for the educational need of Divyang children who are unable to attend school, physically under the following conditions:
i) In a case where Divyang Child is not able to attend school, the reimbursement of CEA for availing education / special education at residence, shall be made at double the normal rates of CEA as prescribed under para 2(d) of O.M. No. A-27012/02/2017-Estt.(AL) dated 17.07.2018.
ii) The reimbursement of Children Education Allowance in such cases shall be subject to production of payment receipted by teacher/instructor etc. and self-certification by the Central Government servant for availing education of their child at his/her residence.
iii) All other terms and conditions of the OM No. A-27012/02/2017-Estt.(AL) dated 17.07.2018 shall remain same.
2. The above instructions shall come into effect from 17.02.2023.
Under Secretary to the Government of India
All Ministries/Departments of Government of India.
The reimbursement of Children Education Allowance (CEA) for Divyang children is governed by the following rules:
- The reimbursement is payable at double the normal rates of CEA, which is Rs. 4500/- per month (fixed).
- The child must be certified as Divyang by a competent authority.
- The child must be unable to attend school physically.
- The child must be receiving education/special education at residence.
- The government servant must submit a self-certification and payment receipts to the employer.
The reimbursement is subject to the following conditions:
- The child must be studying in a recognized and affiliated school/college.
- The child must be a dependent of the government servant.
- The government servant must be in service at the time of making the claim.
The following documents are required to claim the reimbursement:
- Self-certification by the government servant.
- Payment receipts for the education/special education.
- Certificate of disability from a competent authority.
- Proof of enrollment in a recognized and affiliated school/college.
The reimbursement claim can be submitted to the employer in the prescribed form. The employer will then forward the claim to the concerned department for processing.
The reimbursement of Children Education Allowance/Hostel subsidy can be claimed only for the two eldest surviving children with the exception that in case the second child birth results in twins/multiple birth. In case of failure of sterilization operation, the CEA/Hostel Subsidy would be admissible in respect of children born out of the first instance of such failure beyond the usual two children norm.
- The amount for reimbursement of Children Education allowance will be Rs.2250/per month (fixed) per child.
- The amount of ceiling of hostel subsidy is Rs.6750/- pm.