DA Order for Central Government Employees from July 2022 – Finmin Order Dated 3rd October 2022
DA for Central Government Employees Jan 2023
The Consumer Price Index for Industrial Workers for Dec, 2022 was released on 31 Jan 2023. Based on this report, Central Government Employees and Dearness Relief for Pensioners will be expected at 4% increase in DA/ DR 42% from January 2023. We will update DA order Jan 2023, after issuing the Finmin Order on DA Rates from January 2023.
Dearness Allowance payable to Central Government employees shall be enhanced from the existing rate of 34% to 38% of the Basic Pay with effect from 1st July, 2022.
Existing DA 34% + Additional DA 4% = Increase in DA 38%
No. 1/3/2022-E-ll (B)
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Expenditure
North Block, New Delhi
Dated the 3rd October, 2022.
Subject: Revision of rates of Dearness Allowance to Central Government employees- effective from 01.07.2022.
The undersigned is directed to refer to this Ministry’s Office Memorandum No. 1/2/2022-E-ll (B) dated 31.03.2022 on the subject mentioned above and to say that the President is pleased to decide that the rate of Dearness Allowance payable to Central Government employees, shall be enhanced from 34% to 38% of the Basic Pay with effect from 1st July, 2022.
2. The term ‘Basic Pay’ in the revised pay structure means the pay drawn in the prescribed Level in the Pay Matrix as per 7th CPC recommendations accepted by the Government, but does not include any other type of pay like special pay, etc.
3. The Dearness Allowance will continue to be a distinct element of remuneration and will not be treated as pay within the ambit of FR 9(21).
4. The payment on account of Dearness Allowance involving fractions of 50 paise and above may be rounded to the next higher rupee and the fractions of less than 50 paise may be ignored.
5. These orders shall also apply to the civilian employees paid from the Defence Services Estimates and the expenditure will be chargeable to the relevant head of the Defence Services Estimates. In respect of Armed Forces personnel and Railway employees, separate orders will be issued by the Ministry of Defence and Ministry of Railways, respectively.
6. In so far as the persons serving in the Indian Audit and Accounts Department are concerned, these orders are issued in consultation with the Comptroller and Auditor General of India, as mandated under Article 148(5) of the Constitution of India.
What is the Current DA from July 2022 for Central Government Employees?
The Current DA is 38% for Central Government Employees from 01.07.2022.
How to Calculate Dearness Allowance for Central Govt Employees?
The Dearness Allowance is calculated by multiplying the current rate of dearness allowance by the base salary of the central govt employee. For Example Basic Salary Rs. 18,000 x 38% = Rs. 6,840.
What is Expected DA from Jan 2023 for Central Government Employees?
The expected dearness allowance is predicted to be increase by 3% from January 2023, according to the latest release of AICPIN of August 2022.