HRA Revised to 27%,18% and 9% of Basic Pay to Central Govt Employees in X, Y and Z cities w.e.f July 2021
Implementation of recommendations of 7th CPC relating to the grant of House Rent Allowance (HRA) to Central Government employee — effective rate of HRA w.e.f. 01.07.2021.
7th CPC House Rent Allowance for Central Government Employees
- X Class Cities: 27 percent of Basic Pay
- Y Class Cities: 18 percent of Basic Pay
- Z Class Cities: 9 percent of Basic Pay
Ministry of Finance
Department of Expenditure
Subject:- Implementation of recommendations of 7th CPC relating to the grant of House Rent Allowance (HRA) to Central Government employee — effective rate of HRA w.e.f. 01.07.2021 – reg.
O/o Controller General of Accounts may refer to their ID Note No. TA-2-01001/3/2020-TA-II/(E-4434)/610 dated 02.08.2021 seeking Clarification whether a separate order is to be issued by D/o Expenditure for grant of increased House Rent Allowance to Central Government Employees or not with the increase of Dearness Allowance from 17% to 28% w.e.f. 01.07.2021.
READ ALSO: Impact of DA Increased to 28%, HRA will also to be increased to 27%,18% and 9% w.e.f July 2021 as per the Allowance Committee recommendation.
2. The matter has been examined in this Department and it is clarified that this Department’s OM No. 2/5/2017-E.1I(B) dated 07.07.2017(copy enclosed) is very clear and no separate order is being issued by Department of Expenditure.
3. This issues with the approval of the Competent Authority.
Encl. As above.
HRA Order July 2021 PDF
7th CPC HRA Office Memorandum No.21512017-E.II(B) dated 07.07.2017 was issued by Department of Expenditure, Ministry of Finance. Click here to view…
What is the current rate of HRA for central govt employees w.e.f. July 2021?
As per the Ministry of Finance order, The House Rent Allowance will be 27% of the basic salary for the employees working in class X cities and 18% of basic salary for the employees working in class Y cities and for 9% of basic salary for the employees working in class Z cities.
Leave a Reply