Clarification Special Cash Package equivalent in lieu of LTC Fare for CG Employees during the block 2018-21
- LTC for the year 2018-19 Block was extended upto 31st December, 2020. Whether claims can be made under this block till March, 2021- Ministry of Finance Clarification
No.12(2) / 2020 / E-II.A
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Expenditure
North Block, New Delhi
Dated 16 February 2021
Subject: Clarification regarding queries being received in respect of Special Cash Package equivalent in lieu of Leave Travel Concession Fare for Central Government Employees during the block 2018-21.
The undersigned is directed to refer to O.M. of even number dated 12th October 2020 and the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) issued vide OM of even number dated 20th October 2020, 10th November 2020 and 25th November 2020 on the subject mentioned above.
2. Ministries / Departments have raised queries / clarifications with regard to :
(i) Whether any prior intimation is required just like availing the actual LTC Scheme?
(ii) The LTC for the year 2018-19 Block was extended upto 31st December, 2020. Whether claims can be made under this block till March, 2021?
3. In this regard it is clarified that the Special Cash Package is in lieu of pending LTC for the Block between 2018-21 and bills for availing this scheme are to be submitted before 31.03.2021. No prior intimation as is being given in the case of LTC Scheme is required and for the year 2018-19 (extended till 31.12.2020), the claims can be made before 31.03.2021.
4. This issues with the approval of Competent Authority.
sd / –
Under Secretary to the Govt, of India
- CCS LTC Rules 1988-DoPT Order on 04-02-2021
- Leave Travel Concession (LTC) Cash Voucher Scheme for Central Government Employees
- Special Cash Package equivalent in lieu of LTC Fare for Central Government Employees
- Relaxation for Reimbursement of Cancellation Charges for Air Tickets of LTC due to COVID-19
- Leave Travel Concession (LTC) Cash Voucher Scheme for Central Government Employees (Finmin Order dated 12-10-2020)