GPF and Similar Funds Interest Rate at 7.1% from 1st October 2020 to 31st December 2020
(TO BE PUBLISHED IN PART I SECTION 1 OF GAZETTE OF INDIA)
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Economic Affairs
New Delhi, the 27th October, 2020
It is announced for general information that during the year 2020-2021, accumulations at the credit of subscribers to the General Provident Fund and other similar funds shall carry interest at the rate of 7.1% (Seven point one percent) w.e.f. 1st October, 2020 to 31st December, 2020. This rate will be in force w.e.f. 1st October, 2020.
The funds concerned are:
- The General Provident Fund (Central Services).
- The Contributory Provident Fund (India).
- The All India Services Provident Fund.
- The State Railway Provident Fund.
- The General Provident Fund (Defence Services).
- The Indian Ordnance Department Provident Fund.
- The Indian Ordnance Factories Workmen’s Provident Fund.
- The Indian Naval Dockyard Workmen’s Provident Fund.
- The Defence Services Officers Provident Fund.
- The Armed Forces Personnel Provident Fund.
2. Ordered that the Resolution be published in Gazette of India.
(Rajat Kamar Mishra)
Joint Secretary to the Govt. of India
- CPS Interest Rate 2020-21 pdf
- Relaxation in Provisions in National Savings Schemes – DoP Order 2020
- Post Office Interest Rate Table 2020