Review of Cost of Over Time Allowance and Travelling Allowance to Railway Servants
Measures to reduce cost and improve savings – Review of cost of Over Time Allowance (OTA) and Travelling Allowance (TA)
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
New Delhi, dated: 28.08.2020
The General Managers
All Zonal Railways
Sub: Measures to reduce cost and improve savings – Review of cost of Over Time Allowance (OTA) and Travelling Allowance (TA).
Ref: Railway Board’s letter No. 2015-B-235 dated 19.06.2020.
With the outbreak of COVID-19 pandemic, the budgeted earning target of the current year i.e. 2019-20 has been adversely affected. In view of this, the above referred instructions have been issued by the Board to adopt various economy, austerity and cost control measures so that liabilities are met within available funds.
2. Payment of OTA to Railway Servants governed by Para 10 of the Railway Servants (Hours of Work & Period of Rest) Rules, 2005 and Travelling Allowance is one of the steps to control expenditure and thus, a decision has been taken in a Board meeting held on 29.6.2020 that the cases of OTA and TA should be critically reviewed by the General Managers and a ceiling of 50% be imposed on payment of OTA and TA. A copy of Item No. 4 of the Minutes of the Board Meeting held on 29.06.2020 to discuss “Measures to reduce cost and improve saving” is enclosed for ready reference.
|Central Government Offices Holidays 2021|
|CGHS Webinar on 27-07-2021 Tuesday at 4:00 PM on Respiratory Disorders & Role of Yoga|
3. It may also be kept in mind that deferment of bills/payment is not expenditure control and maximum utilization of existing manpower within the stipulated working hours should be ensured.
4. It has been desired by the Board that the cases of payment of OTA and TA should be monitored closely by PCPOs and PFAs of the Zonal Railways.
5. Please acknowledge receipt.
DA: as above
Enclosure to Board’s letter No. 2020/E(LL)/OTA/1 dated 28.08.2020
Item No. 4 of the Minutes of the Board Meeting held on 29.06.2020 to discuss “Measures to reduce cost and improve saving”:
“Item No. 4: Impose 50% Ceiling on Over Time (Rs. 1300 Cr) and Travelling Allowance (Rs. 2300). There are other allowances which need to be reviewed by Zonal Railways and controlled. Broadly, such semi-variable allowances would be in the range of Rs. 13000 Cr. per annum.
Board’s decision: GMs to critically review and impose 50% Ceiling on booking of Over Time and Travelling Allowance.”
- 28 Percent Dearness Allowance to Indian Railway Employees wef 01-07-2021 July 21, 2021Read more…
- State Railway Provident Fund Rate of Interest July to September 2021 PDF July 13, 2021Read more…
- Grant DR to SRPF Revised Rates Effective 01-07-2017 to 01-07-2019 April 12, 2021Read more…
- Cancellation Of Periodical Transfer of Railway Board Staff Due to Covid 19 till 30th June, 2021 April 1, 2021Read more…
- Eligibility criteria for selection to the post of Commercial-cum-Ticket Clerk Railway Board Order March 2021 March 6, 2021Read more…
- Improvement of Health Delivery System and Emergency Treatment in Railway Empanelled Private Hospitals January 29, 2021Read more…
- User Guide for Post Retirement Complimentary Pass and Widow Pass Module of HRMS December 15, 2020Read more…
- One time Relaxation for Retention of Railway Accommodation in view of Coronavirus COVID-19 for the period from 17.03.2020 to 30.11.2020 October 23, 2020Read more…
- Payment of Productivity Linked Bonus to All Eligible Non-gazetted Railway Employees for the Financial Year 2019-20 October 21, 2020Read more…
- Proposed Call for Bonus Day by AIRF and NFIR on 20th October 2020 October 20, 2020Read more…