Review of Cost of Over Time Allowance and Travelling Allowance to Railway Servants
Measures to reduce cost and improve savings – Review of cost of Over Time Allowance (OTA) and Travelling Allowance (TA)
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
New Delhi, dated: 28.08.2020
The General Managers
All Zonal Railways
Sub: Measures to reduce cost and improve savings – Review of cost of Over Time Allowance (OTA) and Travelling Allowance (TA).
Ref: Railway Board’s letter No. 2015-B-235 dated 19.06.2020.
With the outbreak of COVID-19 pandemic, the budgeted earning target of the current year i.e. 2019-20 has been adversely affected. In view of this, the above referred instructions have been issued by the Board to adopt various economy, austerity and cost control measures so that liabilities are met within available funds.
2. Payment of OTA to Railway Servants governed by Para 10 of the Railway Servants (Hours of Work & Period of Rest) Rules, 2005 and Travelling Allowance is one of the steps to control expenditure and thus, a decision has been taken in a Board meeting held on 29.6.2020 that the cases of OTA and TA should be critically reviewed by the General Managers and a ceiling of 50% be imposed on payment of OTA and TA. A copy of Item No. 4 of the Minutes of the Board Meeting held on 29.06.2020 to discuss “Measures to reduce cost and improve saving” is enclosed for ready reference.
3. It may also be kept in mind that deferment of bills/payment is not expenditure control and maximum utilization of existing manpower within the stipulated working hours should be ensured.
4. It has been desired by the Board that the cases of payment of OTA and TA should be monitored closely by PCPOs and PFAs of the Zonal Railways.
5. Please acknowledge receipt.
DA: as above
Enclosure to Board’s letter No. 2020/E(LL)/OTA/1 dated 28.08.2020
Item No. 4 of the Minutes of the Board Meeting held on 29.06.2020 to discuss “Measures to reduce cost and improve saving”:
“Item No. 4: Impose 50% Ceiling on Over Time (Rs. 1300 Cr) and Travelling Allowance (Rs. 2300). There are other allowances which need to be reviewed by Zonal Railways and controlled. Broadly, such semi-variable allowances would be in the range of Rs. 13000 Cr. per annum.
Board’s decision: GMs to critically review and impose 50% Ceiling on booking of Over Time and Travelling Allowance.”
Click to View: Railway Board Orders 2020 Measures to reduce cost and improve savings – Review of cost of Over Time Allowance (OTA) and Travelling Allowance (TA) pdf download
- State Railway Provident Fund Rate of Interest January to March 2023 PDF January 23, 2023Read more…
- Double Transport Allowance to Physically handicapped in Railway – Railway Board Orders 2023 January 12, 2023Read more…
- Grant of Leave to Probationary Officers for Appearing in any Examinations – Railway Board Orders 2022 December 21, 2022Read more…
- AILTC Return Journey can be Performed in the following Calendar Year under LTC Scheme – Railway Board Order 2022 November 18, 2022Read more…
- 38 Percent Dearness Allowance to Indian Railway Employees wef 01.07.2022 October 4, 2022Read more…
- 78 Days PLB Bonus to Railway Employees for the Year 2021-22 October 2, 2022Read more…
- Implementation of Transfer Module of HRMS Across Indian Railways on 15.8.2022 August 14, 2022Read more…
- State Railway Provident Fund Rate of Interest July to September 2022 PDF August 5, 2022Read more…
- Indian Railway Holidays 2023 PDF June 23, 2022Read more…
- Revision of Rate of VDA for Contract Workers wef 01.04.2022- Railway Board Orders 2022 June 14, 2022Read more…
Leave a Reply