Night Duty Allowance (NDA) in 7th Pay Commission Order issued
Implementation of Government decision on 7th CPC recommendations on Night Duty Allowance (NDA)
No. A-27016/ 02/ 2017-Estt.(AL)
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pension
Department of Personnel& Training
Block IV, Old JNU Campus
New Delhi dated 13th July, 2020
Also Read: No ceiling for entitlement of Night Duty Allowance (NDA) – MoD
Subject: Implementation of Government decision on 7th CPC’s recommendations on Night Duty Allowance (NDA).
Also Read: CGDA Night Duty Allowance Order – 7th CPC Night Duty Allowance at Revised Rates to Civilian Employees
Consequent upon the decision taken by the Government on the recommendations made by the 7th Central Pay Commission on the subject of Night Duty Allowance, the following instructions are being issued in supersession of this Department’s O.M.s No. 12012/4/86-Estt. (Allowances ) dated 04.10.1989 and OM No.15020/2/92- Estt .(Allowances) dated 05 .05 .1994
Also Read: Revision of the rates of Night Duty Allowance (NDA)
Wherever the working hours have been arrived at after taking into account the night weightage factor, no further compensation may be admissible.
Also Read: NFIR-Unjustified Ceiling of Basic Pay for Entitlement of Night Duty Allowance
- Night Duty will be defined as duty performed between 22:00 hours and 6:00 hours
- A uniform weightage of 10 minutes shall be given for every hour of night duty performed.
- The ceiling of basic pay for entitlement of Night Duty Allowance shall be Rs. 43600/- per month.
- The hourly rate of NDA equal to [(BP+DA)/200] will be paid and the basic pay and DA for the calculation of NDA rates shall be the basic pay and DA prevalent as per 7th CPC.
- This formulation will extend to all employees across all Ministries/ Departments who were already in receipt of NDA.
- The amount of NDA will be worked out separately for each employee depending upon the basic pay the concerned employee is drawing on the date of performing the night duty. The existing practice for giving same rate of NDA to all employees with a particular Grade Pay should be discontinued.
- A certificate should be given by the supervisor concerned that Night Duty is essential.
2. The above instructions will be applicable with effect from 1st July 2017
3. Hindi version will follow.
(Rajendra Prasad Tewari)
Under Secretary to the Government of India
Leave a Reply