LIC (Employees) Pension Rules, 1995 Identification and Attestation of Life Certificate
LIC of India Retired Employees Pensioners Life Certificate
LIC of India Retired Employees Pensioners Life Certificate-Life Certificates shall be required to be produced on 1st of August every year instead of November every year by the pensioners.
Ref: Per/ER-A/Pension/Existence Cert
Executive Director (E&OS)
LIC of India
Re: Life Insurance Corporation of India (Employees) Pension Rule, 1995 Identification and attestation of Life Certificate
This has reference to our circular Ref: ZD/885/ASP/97 dated 9th July, 1997 whereby it was conveyed to all the offices of the Corporation that the Life Certificates shall be required to be produced on 1st of August every year instead of November every year by the pensioners.
As per our instructions, the Life Certificate should be certified by a Class I Officer of LIC of India or a Gazetted Officer or a Registered Medical Practitioner, Employees of the Corporation in the cadre of HGA/ Development Officer with five years of service or an officer of any Bank where an account is maintained by the Pensioner.
In the current scenario of COVID 19, besides the prevailing procedure for submission of Life Certificate, it has been decided by the Competent Authority that
(1) The pensioners may send the Life Certificate duly certified by an authorised person mentioned above by e-mail to the concerned pension disbursing office.
(2) In those cases where the pensioner does not have access to e-mail, he may himself or through his representative, contact the concerned disbursement office. The officials in the pension disbursement office may then at a predetermined time proceed for verification through video call to the pensioner and keep a record of the same in the pension file.
Also Read: LIC Delay in Wage Negotiations
(3) Further, the process flow (Annexure -1) for physical submission of existence certificate anywhere (in LIC offices) for the pensioners as prepared by IT/SD Department has also been approved. You may write to ED (IT/SD) to enable the same.
In view of the above mentioned directions by the Competent Authority, you are requested to take necessary action and inform all the concerned offices accordingly.
Executive Director (Personnel)
SUBMISSION OF EXISTENCE CERTIFICATE ANYWHERE
Also Read: LIC Pensioners Existence Certificate
For the pensioners of LIC OF India PROCESS FLOW
As per Corporate guidelines for the FY 2020-2021 following procedure may be approved for development of options in efeap for submission of existence certificate at any LIC office by LIC employee pensioners.
As of now our employee pension records are not scanned in EDMS, hence, we propose the following work flow in efeap module.
A. Options will be provided in all efeap locations with following features.
1. Option will prompt user to enter pension id number and servicing location.
2. Pensioner’s data will be fetched from given location and displayed to the user.
3. User has to check basic details of pension records and existence certificate details etc.
4. User has to check the correctness of certificate given by pensioner. Verifying the signature may be waived. (user may not be in a position to verify, as EDMS is not implemented like LIC policies).
5. User needs to approve and upload the certificate in EDMS server. [Option will enable the user to upload document].
6. Once user approves the request existence certificate date will be updated in pension master of target location (and approval letter will be generated through module.
7. Option will be available to all Class 1 cadres.
8. Once this process is successful a control record will be written in target location.
B. An option will be provided in target location for generation of statistics about the acceptance of certificates other locations.
C. An option will be provided in target location for viewing EDMS image.
An option may be provided in the Portal for uploading of existence certificate and the records can be sent to the target location by portal.