Laptop based Solution at Branch Post Offices and Criteria for Implementation
Supply of additional DARPAN Devices to the Post Offices
Sir / Madam,
1. This is regarding supply of additional DARPAN devices to the Circles.
2. Competent Authority has approved purchase of 9000 additional DARPAN devices for the newly created BOs, BOs in LWE areas and for training purposes at PTCs & WTCs.
3. Since, present BO Devices are having limitation in terms of connectivity (3G only), smaller screen and uneasy keyboard, the DARPAN PIC has decided to go for Laptop based solution at BOs instead of the existing handheld MCD devices for the new procurement.
4. For now, the Laptop Based solution shall be implemented only in the BOs with the following criteria fulfilled.
- Knowledgeable BPM who knows how to operate Laptop and who takes keen interest in doing more business at his BO
- Transaction volume – More than 50 transactions per day
- Heavy booking of registered /Speed Post / eMO/ Parcels
- Broadband /4G availability during the office’s hours Infrastructure – Adequate table space for working with light and fan for comfortable working during summer. Dust free environment should be ensured.
- Power – Power supply for charging Laptop and using Printer. Above criteria are only indicative. Circles can add more criteria as per the requirement.
This issues with the approval of DDG(DARPAN, RB & PLG)
Thanks & regards,
ADG(DARPAN & DBT)
New Delhi- 110001