Validity of CGHS Card Extended till 31st July 2020 in View of Coronavirus (Covid-19) Infection
In case of CGHS pensioner beneficiaries, who contribute the subscription on annual basis and whose CGHS cards are valid till 31st March 2020 and thereafter, the validity period shall be extended till 31st July 2020
Govt. of India
Min. of Health & Family Welfare
Directorate General of CGHS
545-A Nirman Bhawan, New Delhi.
Dated the 29th May , 2020
Subject: Extension of Validity of CGHS Card in view of the Corona Virus (COVID-19) Infection
In view of the Corona Virus Disease(COVID-19) , all out efforts are made by the Government to contain its impact by instituting measures at community as well as at individual level. Guidelines for maintaining social distancing between individuals have already been issued by the Government.
READ ALSO: CGHS Hospital List 2020
2. In the spirit of above guidelines, the undersigned is directed to draw kind attention to the Office Order of even number dated 1.4.2020 and 27.04.2020 vide which the validity of CGHS Cards expiring on 31st March 2020 and thereafter has been extended in respect of CGHS pensioner beneficiaries contributing on annual basis and Central Government serving employees superannuating on 31.03.2020 and thereafter as per the details given under:
i. In case of CGHS pensioner beneficiaries, who contribute the subscription on annual basis and whose CGHS cards are valid till 31st March 2020 and thereafter, the validity period shall be extended till 31st July 2020 in the Data Base, by the Additional Directors City/ HQ (in Delhi) on the basis of request received over e-mail from such beneficiaries. A paper print-out may be signed and scanned copy of the same shall be sent to the beneficiary by e-mail , with a direction to submit the relevant documents and subscription before 31st July 2020.
READ ASLO: Notification of Empanelment of Health Care Organization (HCOs) under Continuous Empanelment Scheme CGHS Bhopal May 2020
ii. Similarly, if a request is received by e-mail from serving employees, who superannuated on 31.03.2020 and thereafter and are not in receipt of PPO, the CGHS Card may be converted as pensioner CGHS Card and validity period extended to 31st July 2020. A paper print-out may be signed and scanned copy of the same shall be sent to the beneficiary by e-mail with a direction to submit the relevant documents and subscription before 31st July 2020. Additional Director City/ HQ (in Delhi) will verify the date of superannuation from CGHS database before processing the request. If a Govt Servant superannuating on 31.03.20 and thereafter was not a member of CGHS during service then he will have to submit a proof of superannuation.
READ ALSO: CGHS Empaneled Health Care Organizations and COVID 19 Test Rates
iii. The period of extension will be included when the card validity is regularized on depositing the subscription (including the subscription for the extended period).
iv. That these relaxations are being made to help the CGHS beneficiaries in view of extraordinary conditions due to COVID 19 and will not be cited as a precedence in future.
(Dr. Sanjay Jain)
Click to View: Extension of Validity of CGHS Card – CGHS Orders 2020 pdf download
- 336 New Wellness Centres Approved under CGHS State and UT wise List 2023 February 11, 2023Read more…
- Linking of CGHS Beneficiary ID with the ABHA (Ayushman Bharat Health Account) ID January 13, 2023Read more…
- Revised Rates of CGHS Subscription as per 7th CPC for Central Govt Employees October 31, 2022Read more…
- Reimbursement of Medical Claims to Central Govt Pensioners under CS(MA) Rules 1944 September 21, 2022Read more…
- Extension of Empanelment of AYUSH Hospitals under CGHS and CS (MA) Rules till 31st July 2023 – CGHS Order Dated 10.08.2022 August 13, 2022Read more…
- New CGHS Mobile App “myCGHS” for CGHS Beneficiaries February 23, 2022Read more…
- CGHS Reimbursement of cost of OPD Medicines in view of COVID-19 till 30 April 2022 January 14, 2022Read more…
- CGHS Rates for 21 Treatment Procedure to ECHS Beneficiaries November 29, 2021Read more…
- CGHS Reimbursement of Cost of OPD Medicines in View of COVID-19 Extended up to 31-10-2021 August 11, 2021Read more…
- Extension of Empanelment of AYUSH Hospital under CGHS/CS (MA) Rules till 17 June 2022 July 13, 2021Read more…
Leave a Reply