Due to COVID 19 No TA and Daily Allowance for Tamil Nadu Government Employees
No Daily Allowance and Travel Allowance for Tamil Nadu State Government Employees
Due to the COVID-19 situation, the government of Tamil Nadu has taken various measures to reduce cost expenditure, TN Government has released the office memorandum vide G.O. No.249 of 21 May 2020 to restrict travel allowance and daily allowance.
The following measures shall take effect, as provided for in the Government Order, from the date of issue of orders until further orders:
- The permission for official travel should be given judiciously and restricted only to absolutely essential official requirements. Regular review meetings can be organized through video conferencing and tele-conferencing in a secure environment.
- Foreign travel at Government cost is not permitted. Air travel within the State is not permitted for officials unless the cost of air fare is less than or equal to the cost of eligible train fare.
- Journey by air outside the State is also restricted and the Resident Commissioners of Tamil Nadu House in New Delhi shall be deputed to attend Government of India meetings in New Delhi as far as possible.
- Travel by air in Executive Class is not permitted for officers of any pay grade.
- The permissible rates of Daily Allowance shall be reduced by 25%. Only 75% of eligible amount shall be allowed to be drawn subject to rounding off to next 10 rupees for all categories of officials / non-officials. This will come into effect for the journeys performed after the date of issue of this order.
- General transfers shall be kept on hold for 2020-21 to minimize expenditure on transfer travel expenses. Only transfers on administrative grounds by an authority higher than the authority normally empowered to transfer and mutual request transfers will alone be allowed.
Click to view: Tamil Nadu Budget Estimates 2020-21 pdf download