FNPO Writes to FM of India Requesting to Exempt Postal Officials From the Order of Freezing DA
FEDERATION OF NATIONAL POSTALORGANISATIONS
T-24, (Atul Grove Road, New Delhi -110001. Phone-011-23321378
Mrs Nirmala Seetharaman Hon’ble Mimister of Finance Government of India New Delhi-110 001
I would like to invite your kind attention for the following issue and request for needful action.
1. The Postal service is enlisted as Essential service and during this crisis period the postal staff reaching nooks and comers of the country to deliver Medicines, Medical equipment, food items etc. Apart from this as Banks disagreed to do AEPS the Postal officials putting their lives at stake and carried out AEPS transactions. The cash in respect of DBTs of the Government is being paid at the door step of the needy.
2. The Postal officials are relatively low paid officials with fifty percent of the staff consisting of GDS. The GDSs pay structure is minimal and less than compared to unorganised sector employees i.e. Rs15000/. The Postal officials working as warriors in this critical condition and voluntarily contributed one day salary to the PMCares Fund.
3. The Government of India Freeze the DA to the CG employees till July 2021. Unfortunately, the Postal Officials are also covered under this decision. We who are rendering essential service in this hour of crisis feeling let down by the Government of India. The Federation feels that the lowly paid officials might have been spared from this decision.
4. The Hon’ble Prime Minister of India declared 20 Lakh stimulus packages to boost the economy as well as enhance the buying power of the needy. We are happy that the Industries, employees in unorganised sectors, Contractors, builders, Real estate etc. are being benefitted. The Hon’ble FM in the press meet clearly stated that the main intention behind this to enable the liquidity. It is proven fact that during recession, in the system the buying power of the individuals are to be enhanced. This will trigger the economy and bring it back to normalcy. The action of the government is on right track.
5. As far as the Freeze of the DA, it goes against the set principles of Economics. It takes away the buying power of the officials. In this Lockdown period the postal officials have incurred heavy expenditure to arrange private transport to reach the interior places. Apart from expenditure to ensure their own safety against the COVID-19. Many postal officials are infected and some succumbed. Therefore, my Federation requests to consider our service during this crisis, the pay structure of the officials and lowly paid GDS and kindly cause action to exempt Postal officials from the decision of Freeze of DA. This decision will have heavy impact on the lives of the GDS whose salary is very minimal.
Again request to consider these facts and do the needful.
Thank you, Madam,