CGEGIS Table April to June 2020 Rate of Interest 7.1 Percent per Annum
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Expenditure
New Delhi, the 20th May, 2020
Sub: Central Government Employees Group Insurance Scheme-1980 – Tables of Benefits for the savings fund for the period from 01.04.2020 to 30.06.2020.
The Tables of Benefits for Savings Fund to the beneficiaries under the Central Government Employees Group Insurance Scheme (CGEGIS-1980), which are being issued on a quarterly basis from 01.01.2017 onwards, as brought out in this Ministry’s OM of even number dated 17.03.2017, for the quarter from 01.04.2020 to 30.06.2020, as worked out by the Insurance Regulatory & Development Authority (IRDA) based on the interest rate of 7.1% per annum (compounded quarterly) as notified by the Department of Economic Affairs as per their Resolution No.5(2)-B(PD)/ 2020, dated 07.04.2020, are enclosed.
2. The Tables enclosed are of two categories as per the existing practice. As hitherto, the first Table of Benefits for the savings fund of the scheme is based on the subscription of Rs.10 p.m. from 01.01.1982 to 31.12.1989 and Rs.15 p.m. w.e.f. 01.01.1990 onwards.
The second Table of Benefits for savings fund is based on a subscription of Rs.10 p.m. for those employees who had opted out of the revised rate of subscription w.e.f. 01.01.1990.
3. While these orders are in respect of Table of Benefits for the period from 01.04.2020 to 30.06.2020, the Table already issued for the first quarter i.e from 01.01.2020 to 31.03.2020 are also reproduced for the sake of convenience and consolidation.
CHECK ALSO: CGEGIS Table from January 2020 to March 2020
4. In their application to the employees of the Indian Audit & Accounts Department, these orders are issues after consultation with the Comptroller & Auditor General of India, as mandated under Article 148(5) of the Constitution.
5. Hindi version of the order is attached.
(Amar Nath Singh)
Click to view: CGEGIS Table 2020 pdf (April to June 2020)
- GPF Interest Rate 2020-21: 7.1% from April to June 2020
- Post Office Interest Rate Table 2020
- CPS Interest Rate 2020-21 pdf