Precautions for Spread of Coronavirus Covid 19 – 100% Attendance of Officers Other 33% CG Employees to Attend Office as per Scheduled Time
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
Department of Personnel & Training
Establishment A-III Desk
North Block, New Delhi.
Dated the 23rd April 2020
Subject:- Preventive measures to contain the spread of COVID-19
The undersigned is directed to refer to O.M of even number dated 17th March 2020 on the above-mentioned subject. The Ministry of Horne Affairs (MHA) vide its order dated 15.4.2020 has now extended the nationwide lockdown till 3rd May 2020 to contain spread of Coronavirus in the country and has issued the consolidated revised guidelines for strict compliance. Para 18(ii) of these consolidated revised guidelines, inter-alia, provide that all officers of the level of Deputy Secretaries & above are to function With 100% attendance while 33% of the remaining officers/staff are to attend offices as per requirement.
2. The spirit of the guidelines is that crowding in the offices may be avoided and safe social distancing norms may be maintained It is, however. seen that in some Ministries/ Departments, more than of officials /staff below Deputy Secretary level are being called to offices. This might lead to undesirable crowding in the office jeopardizing the preventive measures in place for containing the spread of COVID-19.
3. It is reiterated that guidelines for attendance for officers/staff at levels below Deputy Secretary be strictly followed. Heads of Departments (HoDs) may also direct their officers/staff to attend office In staggered timings to further avoid crowding in offices/work spaces. As suggested vide OM of even number dated 19th March 2020, the staggered timings may be as follows
(a) 9.00 a.m. to 5.30 p.m.
(b) 9.30 a.m. to 6.00 p.m-
(c) 10 a.m. to 6.30 p.m.
Suitable Roster may, accordingly, be drawn up by the Heads of Department. Needless to say that officials/staff working from home on a particular day should be available on telephone and electronic means of communication at all times. They should attend office. If called for any exigencies of work.
(Umesh Kumar Bhatia)
Deputy Secretary to the Govt. of India
Dos and Donts for spread of Novel Coronavirus Covid-19
- To maintain personal hygiene and physical distancing.
- To practice frequent hand washing. Wash hands with soap and water or use alcohol-based hand rub. Wash hands even if they are visibly clean.
- To cover your nose and mouth with handkerchief / tissue while sneezing and coughing.
- To throw used tissues into closed bins immediately after use.
To maintain a safe distance from persons during interaction, especially with those having flu-like symptoms.
- To sneeze in the inner side of your elbow and not to cough into the palms of your hands.
- To take their temperature regularly and check for respiratory symptoms.
- To see a doctor if you feel unwell (fever, difficulty in breathing and coughing). While visiting doctor, wear a mask/ cloth to cover your mouth and nose.
- For any fever/ flu-like signs/ symptoms, please call State helpline number. or the 24×7 helpline number of the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare at 011-23978046.
- Shake hands.
- Have a close contact with anyone, if you’re experiencing cough and fever.
- Touch your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Sneeze or cough into palms of your hands.
- Spit in Public.
- Travel unnecessarily, particularly to any affected region.
- Participate in large gatherings, including sitting in groups at canteens.
- Visit gyms, clubs and crowded places etc.
- Spread rumours or panic.