Freezing of Dearness Allowance and Dearness Relief – Finmin Orders 2020
Department of Expenditure under the Finance Ministry has published an important order regarding the decision taken on the subject of Dearness Allowance and Dearness Relief to Central Government employees and pensioners.
In view of the crisis arising out of COVID 19, the Central Govt has decided that the no additional Dearness Allowance and Dearness Relief to Central Govt employees and pensioners respectively from 1.1.2020.
- Freezing of DA When Released from 01.07.2021, will be retrieved – Minister of State in the Ministry of Finance Shri Anurag Thakur said on Rajya Sabha on 08-03-2021
However, the order said the DA and DR will be paid at current rates and the dues will be restored prospectively and will be subsumed in the cumulative revised rate effective from 1st July 2021.
No DA and DR arrears will be paid from January 2020 to June 2021.
Freezing of DA and DR till June 2021 – The existing rate (17%) will continue to be paid to all Central Government employees and pensioners up to June 2021.
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Expenditure
North Block, New Delhi
Dated the 23rd April 2020
Subject: Freezing of Dearness Allowance to Central Government employees and Dearness Relief to Central Government pensioners at current rates till July 2021.
|Central Government Offices Holidays 2021|
|CGHS Webinar on 27-07-2021 Tuesday at 4:00 PM on Respiratory Disorders & Role of Yoga|
The undersigned is directed to say that in view of the crisis arising out of COVID-19, has been decided that the additional installment of Dearness Allowance payable to Central Government employees and Dearness Relief to Central Government pensioners, due from 1st January 2020 shall not be paid. The additional installments of Dearness Allowance and Dearness Relief due from 1st July 2020 and 1st January 2021 shall also not be paid. However, Dearness Allowance and Dearness Relief at current rates will continue to be paid,
2. As and when the decision to release the future installment of Dearness Allowance and Dearness Relief due from 1st July 2021 is taken by the Government, the rates of Dearness Allowance and Dearness Relief as effective from 1st January 2020, 1st July 2020 and 1st January 2021 will be restored prospectively and Will be subsumed in the cumulative revised rate effective from 1st July 2021. No arrears for the period from 1st January 2020 till 30th June 2021 shall be paid.
3 These orders shall be applicable to all Central Government employees and Central Government pensioners.
(Annie George Mathew)
Additional Secretary to the Government of India
Click to view (Hindi Version): Freezing of Dearness Allowance and Dearness Relief till July 2021 pdf download
- Restoration of DA/DR to Central Government Employees and Pensioners – NJCA Leader writes to PM Narendra Modi July 8, 2021Read more…
- 50 Percent Attendance of Central Government Officials in view of COVID-19 till 30th June 2021 June 14, 2021Read more…
- Treatment of Hospitalization for Quarantine Period of Central Govt Employees due to COVID-19 Positive in Relaxation of CCS (Leave) Rules 1972 June 9, 2021Read more…
- Payment of Family Pension, Death Gratuity and other Dues to the Family on Death of a Government Servant During Service June 4, 2021Read more…
- CBSE Class 12 Board Exam 2021 Cancelled PDF Download June 1, 2021Read more…
- CGHS Reimbursement of Cost of OPD Medicines in View of COVID-19 Extended up to 31-07-2021 May 26, 2021Read more…
- Extension of Time Limits to Provide Relief to Taxpayers in view of Covid-19 Severe Pandemic May 20, 2021Read more…
- Clarification on Regularization of Absence During COVID-19 Pandemic Lockdown Period – CAG Circular 13-05-2021 May 15, 2021Read more…
- Payment of Immediate Relief and Family Pension to the Families of Deceased KVS Employees – KVS Order Dated 12-05-2021 May 15, 2021Read more…
- Reimbursement of Treatment of Covid-19 Medical Bills to ECHS Beneficiaries May 11, 2021Read more…