Special Sanction in View of COVID 19 – CGHS Beneficiaries Need not Visit CGHS Wellness Centres to Collect Medicines till 30 April 2020
CGHS beneficiaries getting medicines for chronic diseases may purchase medicines based on the prescription held (prescribed by CGHS Medical Officers / CGHS Specialists / other Govt. Specialists / Specialist of empanelled hospital) till 30th April 2020 irrespective of Non-Availability certificate from CGHS or otherwise.
Government of India
Ministry of Health & Family Welfare
Directorate General of CGHS
Nirman Bhawan, New Delhi
Dated the 27th March 2020.
Sub: Reimbursement of OPD Medicines: Special Sanction in view of COVID-19
In view of the Corona Virus Disease (COVID-19), all out efforts are made by the Government to contain its impact by instituting measures at community as well as at individual level.
2. Guidelines for maintaining social distancing between individuals have already been issued by the Government. In the Spirit of above guidelines the undersigned is directed to state that CGHS beneficiaries getting medicines for chronic diseases may purchase medicines based on the prescription held (prescribed by CGHS Medical Officers / CGHS Specialists / other Govt. Specialists / Specialist of empanelled hospital) till 30th April 2020 irrespective of Non-Availability certificate from CGHS or otherwise. The idea behind the measures is that CGHS beneficiaries need not visit CGHS Wellness Centres to collect medicines till 30th April 2020.
2. The medical claim shall be submitted to CGHS by pensioners, ex-MPs etc.. through CGHS Wellness Centre, where the card is registered, to concerned Ministry / Department in case of serving employees, to the Rajya Sabha Secretariat / Lok Sabha Secretariat, as the case may be in respect of Hon’ble Members of Parliament and to the concerned Autonomous Body in case beneficiaries of Autonomous Bodies.
3. These orders shall come into force with immediate effect.
(Dr. Sanjay Jain )
Read Coronavirus update news for Central Government Employees:
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) – Preventive Measures for CG Employees – Dopt Order 2020
- Precautions for Spread of Coronavirus – All Central Govt Offices Will run with 50 percent Employees upto 4 April 2020
- Central Govt Will Function With Skeletal Staff in All Departments From 23 March to 31 March 2020 – Dopt Order 2020
- Precautionary Measures to Prevent Spreading of Novel Coronavirus in All Training Institutions in India – Dopt Order 2020
- Coronavirus – Exemption to CG Employees to Mark Biometric Attendance System- Dopt Order 2020
- Breath Analyser Test and Biometric Verification of Running Staff in view of Covid-19 – Railway Board Order 2020
- CPSE Should Function With Skeletal Staff From 23 March to 31 March 2020
- Precautions for Spread of Coronavirus Covid-19 IBA Request People to Wash Hands after Touching Currency
- Precautions for Spread of Coronavirus – Payment of Wages During Lockdown Period Due to COVID-19 – DoE Order