Precautions for Spread of Coronavirus – All Central Govt Offices Will run with 50 percent Employees upto 4 April 2020
Preventive measures to contain the spread of COVID 19
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
Department of Personnel & Training
North Block, New Delhi-110001
Dated the 19th March, 2020
Sub: Preventive measures to contain the spread of COVID 19.
In continuation of this Department OM of even no. dated 17th March, 2020 (Copy Enclosed), the following further instructions are issued:
(i) Heads of Department (HoDs) may ensure that 50 per cent of Group B and C employees are required to attend office every day, and the remaining 50 per cent staff should be instructed to work from home. All HoDs are advised to draft a weekly roster of duty for Group B and C staff and ask them to attend office on alternate weeks. While deciding the roster for ‘the first week, HoDs are advised to include officials who are residing in close proximity to their office or use their own transport to travel to the offices.
(ii) Further, the working hours for all employees who attend office on a particular day should be staggered. It is suggested that three groups of employees may be formed and asked to attend office as per the following timings:-
(a) 9 AM to 5.30 PM
(b) 9.30 AM to 6 PM
(c) 10 AM to 6.30 PM
(iii) The officials who are working from home on a particular day as per the roster drawn up should be available on telephone and electronic means of communication at all times. They should attend office, if called for any exigency of work.
(iv) Similar instructions may be issued to Attached / Subordinate Offices, Autonomous / Statutory Bodies.
(v) The Department of Financial Services (DFS) and Department of Public Enterprises (DPE) may issue similar instructions regarding Financial Institutions and Public Sector Undertakings.
(vi) These instructions shall not apply to the offices and employees engaged in essential/emergency services and those directly engaged in taking measures to control spread of COVID-19.
(vii) These orders shall be applicable with immediate effect and will remain in force till 4th April, 2020.
Additional Secretary to the Government of India
Do’s and Dont’s for Spread of Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19):
- To maintain personal hygiene and physical distancing.
- To practice frequent hand washing. Wash hands with soap and water or use alcohol-based hand rub. Wash hands even if they are visibly clean.
- To cover your nose and mouth with handkerchief / tissue while sneezing and coughing.
- To throw used tissues into closed bins immediately after use.
- To maintain a safe distance from persons during interaction, especially with those having flu-like symptoms.
- To sneeze in the inner side of your elbow and not to cough into the palms of your hands.
- To take their temperature regularly and check for respiratory symptoms.
- To see a doctor if you feel unwell (fever, difficulty in breathing and coughing). While visiting doctor, wear a mask/ cloth to cover your mouth and nose.
- For any fever/ flu-like signs/ symptoms, please call State helpline number. or the 24×7 helpline number of the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare at 011-23978046.
- Shake hands.
- Have a close contact with anyone, if you’re experiencing cough and fever.
- Touch your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Sneeze or cough into palms of your hands.
- Spit in Public.
- Travel unnecessarily, particularly to any affected region.
- Participate in large gatherings, including sitting in groups at canteens.
- Visit gyms, clubs and crowded places etc.
- Spread rumours or panic.
- Precautions for Outbreak of Coronavirus – All Kendriya Vidyalayas Schools closed till 31 March 2020
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) – Preventive Measures for CG Employees – Dopt Order 2020
- Coronavirus – Exemption to CG Employees to Mark Biometric Attendance System- Dopt Order 2020