Precautions for Outbreak of Coronavirus – All Kendriya Vidyalayas Schools closed till 31 March 2020
KENDRIYA VIDYALAYA SANGATHAN
(Under Min. of HRD, Deptt. of Education, Govt. of India)
Shaheed Jeet Singh Marg
New Delhi – 110016
Tel: 26856498, Fax No.011-26514179
The Deputy Commissioner Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan All Regions &
The Principal Kendriya Vidyalaya Kathmandu, Moscow & Tehran
Sub: – Precautions to be taken in light of Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) – reg.
Ref: – 1. Letter No. Secy(HE)/MHRD/2020 dated 18 March, 2020
2. CBSE/CE/SPS/2020 dated 18.03.2020
With reference to the above, and in light of the outbreak of COVID-19, adequate measures are to be taken to ensure the safety and security of students and teachers, as also their family members. You are, therefore, requested to issue the following directions to the Principals of all the Kendriya Vidyalayas under your jurisdiction for compliance:
1. All Kendriya Vidyalayas will remain closed till 31st March, 2020.
2. All ongoing examinations of all classes will be rescheduled after 31st March, 2020.
3. All evaluation work is to be re-scheduled after 31st March, 2020.
4. All activities including sports, training programmes, etc. will remain suspended till further notice.
5. Re-scheduled dates will be communicated by 31st March, 2020 after re-assessment of the situation.
6. It is to be ensured that the above information is disseminated through electronic means also to all students and teachers.
This issues with the approval of Commissioner, KVS. .
(Dr. E. Prabhakar)
Joint Commissioner (Trg./ Fin.)
Do’s and Dont’s for Spread of Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19):
- To maintain personal hygiene and physical distancing.
- To practice frequent hand washing. Wash hands with soap and water or use alcohol-based hand rub. Wash hands even if they are visibly clean.
- To cover your nose and mouth with handkerchief / tissue while sneezing and coughing.
- To throw used tissues into closed bins immediately after use.
- To maintain a safe distance from persons during interaction, especially with those having flu-like symptoms.
- To sneeze in the inner side of your elbow and not to cough into the palms of your hands.
- To take their temperature regularly and check for respiratory symptoms.
- To see a doctor if you feel unwell (fever, difficulty in breathing and coughing). While visiting doctor, wear a mask/ cloth to cover your mouth and nose.
- For any fever/ flu-like signs/ symptoms, please call State helpline number. or the 24×7 helpline number of the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare at 011-23978046.
- Shake hands.
- Have a close contact with anyone, if you’re experiencing cough and fever.
- Touch your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Sneeze or cough into palms of your hands.
- Spit in Public.
- Travel unnecessarily, particularly to any affected region.
- Participate in large gatherings, including sitting in groups at canteens.
- Visit gyms, clubs and crowded places etc.
- Spread rumours or panic.