Pension Scheme 1995 for LIC Part-time Employees
ALL INDIA INSURANCE EMPLOYEES’ ASSOCIATION
LIC BUILDINGS, SECRETARIAT ROAD , HYDERABAD 500063
29th February, 2020.
LIC of India,
Also Read: LIC Delay in Wage Negotiations
Instructions to opt for Pension Scheme 1995 – Part-time employees
This is further to our letter dated 18.10.2019 (copy enclosed) wherein we requested you to issue necessary instructions granting the benefit of pension option to the RPT employees including those who were converted to full-time.
During our visits to the Central Office on 31.10.2019 & 15.1.2020 we raised this issue and requested your personal intervention on the issue.
As per our information, the total number of such part-time employees do not exceed 100 across the country.
The earlier instructions granting pension option to RPT employees in November, 1992 as referred in our letter cited above were approved by the Chairman of LIC. We do not see any technical hurdles in this matter. We once again request to you issue necessary instructions granting the benefit of pension option to part- time employees at the earliest.
President: Amanulla khan
General Secretary: V. Ramesh
LIC of India,
Pension Instructions for Part-time Employees
Option to Join the Scheme
The Central Office issued instructions for implementation of LIC Employees’ Pension (Amendment) Rules 2019 vide circular no. CO/PER-ER-A/222/2019 dated 15.05.2019 consequent to the Gazette notification dated 23.4.2019. However, these instructions are applicable to the Full- time employees who are either in service/retired/the families of the deceased employees as on 28.6.1995. These instructions do not cover the Regular Part-time Employees.
LIC issued instructions in November, 1999 vide circular no. ZD/942/ASP/99 dated 3.11.1999 extending the benefit of Pension option to RPT employees. Many of the RPT employees opted for Pension except very few for reasons of their own. During the years 2013 December and 2017 October, almost all the RPT employees were converted to full-time employees though some RPT employees do exist even as on date.
We understand that when these part-time employees including those who were converted to full-time,
applied for pension option, as per the amended rules, Annexure- I was accepted by our offices but
subsequently the quotation for lump sum payment was not issued to them. We are informed that as per the instructions of the Central Office, the applications of these employees were rejected quoting the reason that the amended rules do not apply to them since they were not full-time employees as on 28.6.95.
It has been the normal and regular practice of the Corporation that the benefits granted to the Full-time
employees were subsequently made available to RPT employees also through separate instructions. The
instructions released in November 1999 for RPT employees granting pension option is itself an indicator. However, the Corporation is yet to release instructions extending the benefit of pension option to the existing RPT employees including the converted full-time employees.
We, therefore, request you to issue necessary instructions at the earliest granting the benefit of Pension
option to the RPT employees including those who are converted to full-time. You will appreciate that the
number of such left-out employees is very small. We also reiterate our earlier request of taking up with the government the issue of Pension option to Ex-servicemen employees and a few other employees who joined LIC at a higher age. An early action on these issues will bring to a successful close the issue of Pension.
- LIC Pensioners Existence Certificate Read more…
- Resumption of LIC Wage Negotiations Read more…
- LIC (Employees) Pension Rules, 1995 Identification and Attestation of Life Certificate Read more…
- AIIPA Write Letter to Chairman, LIC of India for Improvement in pensionary benefits Read more…
- AIIEA Opposes DA Freeze For Central Government Employees and Pensioners Read more…
- LIC Pensioners Issues – Stoppage of recovery of GIS premium for VRS pensioners – Non-credit of pension on 1st of the Month Read more…
- Pension Scheme 1995 for LIC Part-time Employees Read more…
- LIC Employees-Wage Revision and Improvements in Pension Scheme Read more…
- LIC Delay in Wage Negotiations Read more…
- LIC Assistant Recruitment-Problems Related to Biometric Authentication Read more…
- LIC Employees Strike on 4th February 2020 Read more…
- LIC Employees Wage Revision And Absorption of Temporary Employees Latest News Read more…
- Pension Instructions – LIC Part-time Employees and Ex-servicemen Option to Join the Scheme Read more…
- Letter to Chairman-LIC-PSGI-Implementation of final option for pension Read more…
- AIIEA 25th General Conference – Letter from an Agent – Allegations Read more…
- 8th January, 2020-One Day Nation-Wide Strike Read more…
- National Convention of Workers organized by the Central Trade Unions call For Nationwide General Strike on 8 January 2020 Read more…
- LIC Employees-Providing family pension at a 30% uniform rate for all eligible persons Read more…
- AIIPA Write Letter to Chairman LIC for Cash Medical Allowance to LIC Pensioners Read more…
- Revised LTC Rules For LIC Employees Read more…