Pension Scheme 1995 for LIC Part-time Employees
ALL INDIA INSURANCE EMPLOYEES’ ASSOCIATION
LIC BUILDINGS, SECRETARIAT ROAD , HYDERABAD 500063
29th February, 2020.
LIC of India,
Also Read: LIC Delay in Wage Negotiations
Instructions to opt for Pension Scheme 1995 – Part-time employees
This is further to our letter dated 18.10.2019 (copy enclosed) wherein we requested you to issue necessary instructions granting the benefit of pension option to the RPT employees including those who were converted to full-time.
ALSO READ: LIC Employees-Wage Revision and Improvements in Pension Scheme
During our visits to the Central Office on 31.10.2019 & 15.1.2020 we raised this issue and requested your personal intervention on the issue.
As per our information, the total number of such part-time employees do not exceed 100 across the country.
The earlier instructions granting pension option to RPT employees in November, 1992 as referred in our letter cited above were approved by the Chairman of LIC. We do not see any technical hurdles in this matter. We once again request to you issue necessary instructions granting the benefit of pension option to part- time employees at the earliest.
Also Read: LIC Pensioners Issues – Stoppage of recovery of GIS premium for VRS pensioners – Non-credit of pension on 1st of the Month
President: Amanulla khan
General Secretary: V. Ramesh
LIC of India,
Pension Instructions for Part-time Employees
Option to Join the Scheme
The Central Office issued instructions for implementation of LIC Employees’ Pension (Amendment) Rules 2019 vide circular no. CO/PER-ER-A/222/2019 dated 15.05.2019 consequent to the Gazette notification dated 23.4.2019. However, these instructions are applicable to the Full- time employees who are either in service/retired/the families of the deceased employees as on 28.6.1995. These instructions do not cover the Regular Part-time Employees.
LIC issued instructions in November, 1999 vide circular no. ZD/942/ASP/99 dated 3.11.1999 extending the benefit of Pension option to RPT employees. Many of the RPT employees opted for Pension except very few for reasons of their own. During the years 2013 December and 2017 October, almost all the RPT employees were converted to full-time employees though some RPT employees do exist even as on date.
We understand that when these part-time employees including those who were converted to full-time,
applied for pension option, as per the amended rules, Annexure- I was accepted by our offices but
subsequently the quotation for lump sum payment was not issued to them. We are informed that as per the instructions of the Central Office, the applications of these employees were rejected quoting the reason that the amended rules do not apply to them since they were not full-time employees as on 28.6.95.
It has been the normal and regular practice of the Corporation that the benefits granted to the Full-time
employees were subsequently made available to RPT employees also through separate instructions. The
instructions released in November 1999 for RPT employees granting pension option is itself an indicator. However, the Corporation is yet to release instructions extending the benefit of pension option to the existing RPT employees including the converted full-time employees.
We, therefore, request you to issue necessary instructions at the earliest granting the benefit of Pension
option to the RPT employees including those who are converted to full-time. You will appreciate that the
number of such left-out employees is very small. We also reiterate our earlier request of taking up with the government the issue of Pension option to Ex-servicemen employees and a few other employees who joined LIC at a higher age. An early action on these issues will bring to a successful close the issue of Pension.
- GOI Portal Launched for Central Govt Employees to Booking Air TicketsRead more…
- LIC Office Revised Working Hours for the Employees Effective from 10-05-2021Read more…
- LIC Wage Revision 2021 Latest NewsRead more…
- LIC IPO Disinvestment PolicyRead more…
- Group Mediclaim Policy for LIC RetireesRead more…
- LIC Employees – Delay in Settlement of the Wage Revision IssueRead more…
- AIIEA Wage Revision News 2021Read more…
- LIC Wage Revision | LIC Employees Wage Revision Latest NewsRead more…
- LIC of India (Staff) Regulations Amendment Rules 1960 – NotificationRead more…
- LIC Pensioners Existence CertificateRead more…
- Resumption of LIC Wage NegotiationsRead more…
- LIC (Employees) Pension Rules, 1995 Identification and Attestation of Life CertificateRead more…
- AIIPA Write Letter to Chairman, LIC of India for Improvement in pensionary benefitsRead more…
- AIIEA Opposes DA Freeze For Central Government Employees and PensionersRead more…
- LIC Pensioners Issues – Stoppage of recovery of GIS premium for VRS pensioners – Non-credit of pension on 1st of the MonthRead more…
- Pension Scheme 1995 for LIC Part-time EmployeesRead more…
- LIC Employees-Wage Revision and Improvements in Pension SchemeRead more…
- LIC Delay in Wage NegotiationsRead more…
- LIC Assistant Recruitment-Problems Related to Biometric AuthenticationRead more…
- LIC Employees Strike on 4th February 2020Read more…
Leave a Reply