Payment of Wages to Outsourced Persons During Lockdown Period Due to COVID-19 Treated as ON DUTY till 30 April 2020
Precautions for Spread of Coronavirus – Payment of Wages During Lockdown Period Due to COVID-19 – DoE Order
F.No.23(4)/E. Coord/2020/ 1
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Expenditure
North Block, New Delhi Dated: 23.03.2020
Sub: Payment of wages to outsourced persons of Ministries/Departments and other organizations of Government of India during lockdown period due to COVID-19.
As part of social distancing and isolation measures to contain the spread of COVID-19 in the country, various State/UT Governments have announced lockdown at different places. Instructions have been separately issued by DOP&T regarding maintenance of essential services in Ministries/Departments.
2. Due to these measures, there is a likelihood of a number of contractual, casual and outsourced staff such as house-keeping staff etc. being required to stay at home, which under normal circumstances would result in deduction in their pay/wages. In order to avoid any undue hardships under the prevailing extraordinary circumstances, it has been decided that wherever any such contractual, casual and outsourced staff of Ministries/Departments and other organizations of Government of India, is required to stay at home in view of lockdown order regarding COVID-19 prevention, as announced by various States/UT Governments, they shall be treated as “on duty” during such period of absence and necessary pay/wages would be paid accordingly.
3. These instructions shall also apply to Attached/Subordinate Offices, Autonomous/Statutory Bodies of Government of India.
4. These instructions shall apply till 30th April, 2020.
(Annie G. Mathew)
Additional Secretary to Government of India
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) – Preventive Measures for CG Employees – Dopt Order 2020
- Precautions for Spread of Coronavirus – All Central Govt Offices Will run with 50 percent Employees upto 4 April 2020
- Central Govt Will Function With Skeletal Staff in All Departments From 23 March to 31 March 2020 – Dopt Order 2020
- Precautionary Measures to Prevent Spreading of Novel Coronavirus in All Training Institutions in India – Dopt Order 2020
- Coronavirus – Exemption to CG Employees to Mark Biometric Attendance System- Dopt Order 2020
- Breath Analyser Test and Biometric Verification of Running Staff in view of Covid-19 – Railway Board Order 2020
- CPSE Should Function With Skeletal Staff From 23 March to 31 March 2020
- Precautions for Spread of Coronavirus Covid-19 IBA Request People to Wash Hands after Touching Currency