Cash Conveyance Limits for Gramin Dak Sevaks (GDS) | GDS Cash Conveyance Limits | GDS Revised cash conveyance limits
GDS – Revised cash conveyance limits for Gramin Dak Sevaks
Government Of India
Ministry of Communications
Department Of Posts
Dak Bhawan, Sansad Marg
New Delhi – 110 001
All Chief Postmaster General
All Postmasters General
Director, RAKNPA Ghaziabad
Director, Postal Training Centers
Director of Accounts (Postal)
Addl. Director General, APS Bhawan, New Delhi
Subject: Revision of Security amount to be furnished by the Gramin Dak Sevaks
I am directed to invite your kind attention to para 4 of Directorate letter No.6-18/ 2010-PE-II dated 07.05.2010 on the above mentioned subject.
2. The Postal Operation Division vide letter No.24-3/2012-PO Dated 01st October 2018 has revised line limits for conveyance of cash for Gramin Dak Sevaks as Rs.1 lakh (Cash through BPM/ ABPM or Dak Sevak) and Rs.2 Lakh (Cash through BPM/ ABPM or Dak Sevak accompanied by another BPM / ABPM or Dak Sevaks).
3. Taking into consideration of the thrust on digital transactions/ digital payments, other transactions of IPPB and consequent upon launching of India Post Paymant Bank vide their letter No.24-3/2012-PO dated 01st October,2018 Department has carefully examined the issue of revision of Security amount to be furnished by the Gramin Dak Sevaks in view of increase in line limit of cash conveyance and handling of cash by the Gramin Dak Sevak.
4. The Competent Authority has ordered to enhance the security amount to be furnished by the Gramin Dak Sevaks as here under:-
|SL. NO.||CATEGORY OF GDS||PRESENT SECURITY||REVISED SECURITY|
|1||Branch Post Masters||Rs. 25000/-||Rs. 1,00,000/-|
|2||Assistant Branch Post Masters / Dak Sevaks||Rs. 10000/-||Rs. 1,00,000/-|
5. The security will be in the form of Fidelity Guarantee Bond or National Saving Certificates pledged to the Department in the name of the President of India OR in the shape of a Bank Guarantee from any Nationalized Bank.
6. The periodicity of renewal of the Fidelity Guarantee Bond will be once in 5 years’ (quinquinnelly). The required premium for 5 years’ block may be recovered and the Fidelity Guarantee Bond obtained for full 5 years’ block from the recognized Co-operative Credit Society at a time. In case of any fresh engagement in the middle of the block, the Fidelity Guarantee Bond can be obtained from the date of joining of the GDS to the end of the block. The blocks can be fixed uniformly for 5 years. Revised FGBs for the existing Gramin Dak Sevaks will take effect after the expiry of the currency of the existing security bonds, and thereafter the new FGBs have to be obtained for a period 5 years. Meanwhile, for existing GDS, additional FGBs of Rs.75,000/- for BPMs and Rs.90,000/- for ABPM / GDS may be obtained for remaining period of block of 5 years, as GDS has already submitted FGB for Rs.25,000/- by BPM & Rs.10,000/- by ABPM / GDS. After completion of the period, Fresh FGB of Rs.1,00,000/- may be obtained from existing BPMs/ ABPMs/ CIDS.
For example, the currency of the existing security bonds is expiring by 31.03.2020, the new FGBs/Security should be obtained for a block of 5 years from 01.04.2020.
- In case any GDS is getting discharged upto 31.03.2020, fresh FGB need not to be obtained.
- In case any GDS is getting discharged, within the five years block, the security must be obtained from 01.04.2020 till date of discharge for the balance period only.
- In respect of new entrants, these orders will take with immediate effect and FGB must be obtained for five years from date of entry.
7. This orders is in supersession of all earlier guidelines on the subject. The contents of this letter may be brought to the notice of all the Divisional Heads in the Circle for strict timely compliance in obtaining the revised security and the periodicity in obtaining the security.
8. This issues with the approval of Competent Authority.
9. Hindi version will follow.
Assistant Director General (GDS /PCC)