The post-retirement complimentary pass (PRCP) facility is calculated as half of the past service provided by the Central / State Government
Reckoning of half of past service rendered in Central/State Government establishments for Post Retirement Complimentary Pass (PRCP) facility.
(GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
New Delhi, dated 25.09.2019
The General Managers (P)
All Zonal Railways &
Sub: Reckoning of half of past service rendered in Central/State Government establishments for Post Retirement Complimentary Pass (PRCP) facility.
Ref: Advance Correction Slip (ACS) No.56 to Railway Servants (Pass) Rules, 1986 (Second Edition-1993) (RSPR-1986) issued vide Board’s letter No. E(W)2006 PSS-1128 dated 08.05.2008.
In the PNM/NFIR Meeting with Board, the Federation has brought to notice that the condition incorporated in RSPR-1986 vide above referred ACS has restricted the weightage of half of past non-railway service for determining 20 years of qualifying service for PRCP faciilty only to the lateral entrants who bad got their past service counted along with the railway service for pensionary benefits and it bas resulted in disadvantage to the ex-servicemen who did not opt for such counting of their previous service while joining the railways.
|Central Government Offices Holidays 2021|
|CGHS Webinar on 27-07-2021 Tuesday at 4:00 PM on Respiratory Disorders & Role of Yoga|
2. After detailed examination, it has been decided to remove the said condition so as to extend the benefit of weightage equivalent to half of past non-railway service uniformity to all ex-servicemen and other such affected lateral entrants to cover the shortfall in the minimum requisite railway service of 20 years for PRCP facility. Accordingly, the Competent Authority has accorded his approval for amending Item No.(xi) under Col.3 of Schedule-IV (Post Retirement Complimentary Pass) of RSPR-1986 as follows:-
“(xi) In case of lateral entrants to railway service, including ex-servicemen, half of previous non-railway service rendered in the establishments of Central/State Government will be added to the actual railway service for determining their eligibility to Post Retirement Complimentary Passes”.
3. In the case of retired lateral entrants, who have now become eligible for PRCP facility under the above provision, the Pass Issuing Authority (PIA) from where such employees retired will process the requests and extend the facility as per rules on the basis of past service records/documents. Similarly, in the case of deceased lateral entrants, Widow Pass facility, as admissible under the rules, may be extended by the PIA from where the deceased employee retired. Such beneficiaries may also be permitted to get their pass accounts transferred to the PIA of their choice.
4. The PRCP/Widow Pass under the above provision will be issued to the eligible lateral entrant/spouse only from the current calendar year.
5. This issues with the concurrence of the Finance Directorate of Ministry of Railways.
Dy. Director Estt. (Welfare-1)
- Payment of Salary and Pension on Account of Onam Festival for Kerala Central Government Employees on 10th August 2021 July 18, 2021Read more…
- 21 Agenda Points Decision Taken for CG Employees in NC JCM Meeting June 28, 2021Read more…
- Situation and Clarification on Regularization of Absence During COVID-19 Pandemic Lockdown Period For CG Employees March 3, 2021Read more…
- Government Servants Special Festival Advance – Issuance of Pre-Loaded Rupay Cards January 6, 2021Read more…
- Remuneration in case of Contract Appointment of Retired Central Govt Employees December 10, 2020Read more…
- Special Cash Package equivalent in lieu of LTC Fare for Central Govt Employees Availed up to 31.03.2021 November 5, 2020Read more…
- Special Festival Package Advance Before Diwali to CG Employees November 5, 2020Read more…
- Grant of Non-Productivity Linked Bonus (ad-hoc bonus) to Central Government Employees for the year 2019-20 October 21, 2020Read more…
- Payment of Salary and Pension to Central Govt Employees and Pensioners before Durga Puja Dussehra – Confederation October 15, 2020Read more…
- SOP for UTSAV Card Special Festival Advance Package to Govt Servants October 14, 2020Read more…