Scheme of Filling up of Non-gazetted Posts and Classification of Posts – Railway Board
Revised classification and mode of filling up of non-gazetted posts – Scheme for filling up of vacancies after 31.12.2016- Clarification Reg – RBE 141/2019
RBE No. 141/2019
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
New Delhi, dated August 28, 2019
The General Managers,
All Zonal Railways &
Production Units etc.
(as per standard mailing list)
Sub: Revised classification and mode of filling up of non-gazetted posts – Scheme for filling up of vacancies after 31.12.2016- Clarification Reg.
Ref.: Dy.CPO(WS)/ICF’s letter No.PB/S2/2/90/SSE dated 10.09.2018
As the Railway Administration are aware, consequent to implementation of 6th CPC recommendations and merger of grades, instructions were issued vide Board’s letter of even number dated 03.09.2009 regarding scheme of filling up of non-gazetted posts and classification of posts. This scheme has been extended from time to time and was last extended vide letter dated 03.03.2017, wherein it was inter-alia stipulated that till such time instructions for benchmark for regular promotion are issued, after receipt of clarification from DoP&T, the existing methodology and benchmark for promotion as enumerated in Board’s letter dated 03.09.2009 may continue till further orders.
In the backdrop of the aforesaid provisions, clarification has been sought from Railway Board by ICF regarding filling up the post of Section Engineer in GP Rs.4600, the classification of which stands as “suitability with prescribed benchmark” as per instructions contained in letter dated 03.09.2009 ibid read with letter dated 03.03 .2017 ibid. Specific clarification has been sought regarding the period of assessment of vacancies i.e. whether the vacancy assessment period should be taken as 15 months, as in
the case of selection post, or 6 months as in the case of non-selection post (which has now been changed to one year vide Board’s letter No. E(NG)I/2018/PMl/65 dated 07.12.2018).
The matter has been examined and it is clarified that as the mode of promotion prescribed in Board’s letter dated 03.09.2009, has been extended till further orders vide letter dated 03.03.2017, and as per these instructions the vacancies of Section Engineer in GP Rs.4600 is to be filled in by the process of “suitability with prescribed benchmark”, the vacancy assessment period for filling up these posts should appropriately be one year as per instructions dated 07.12.2018 ibid, applicable for non-selection posts.
Promotions in other categories are also to be regulated accordingly.
Please acknowledge receipt. Hindi version will follow.
This disposes of ICF’s letter No. PB/S2/2/90/SSE dated 10.09.2018 on the above subject.
- Selection for promotion to the posts of Chief Office Superintendent and non-selection process for filling vacancies of Office Superintendent in Security Department on Zonal Railways July 5, 2020 Read more…
- Clarification-New Incentive Structure of PLI/RPLI Engagement of Development Officer and Agents June 27, 2020 Read more…
- New Promotional and Incentive Structure of Postal Life Insurance (PLI) and Rural Postal Life Insurance (RPLI) June 21, 2020 Read more…
- Railway-Senior Section Engineers (SSEs)-Discontinuance of Direct Recruitment to the posts February 29, 2020 Read more…
- Norms and procedure for promotion in the unified cadre of Track Maintainer-Clarification February 7, 2020 Read more…
- Adventure Sports Schedule for Central Government Employee 2020-21 January 20, 2020 Read more…
- Promotion from GP 4200/- to 4600/- between 01.01.2006 to 29.08.2008 pay fixed to minimum at Rs.18460/- Supreme Court Order December 3, 2019 Read more…
- CAT Chandigarh – Ignore the Promotion Earned in the Post Carrying Same Grade Pay of MACP November 20, 2019 Read more…
- Ad-hoc Promotion of Non-gazetted Group C staff to Non-Selection posts – Railway Borad Circular No.37 November 15, 2019 Read more…
- Scheme of Filling up of Non-gazetted Posts and Classification of Posts – Railway Board September 4, 2019 Read more…