Grant Of Cash Medical Allowance to LIC Pensioners
ALL INDIA INSURANCE PENSIONER’S ASSOCIATION
Oriental Building, Kamptee Road
LIC Square, Nagpur – 440 001
President : Com Ashok Tiwari
Date : 30th August, 2019
General Secretary : Com T K Chakraborty
Cir No : 16/2019
All Divisional/Regional/State units of AIIPA
Re: Letter to Chairman LIC for Cash Medical Allowance.
We reproduce below copy of our letter dated 30th August, 2019 addressed to Chairman LIC
Date : 30th August, 2019
Shri M. R. Kumar,
Life Insurance Corporation of India,
Re : GRANT OF CASH MEDICAL ALLOWANCE TO LIC PENSIONERS.
AIIPA warmly greets you and all LICians on the occasion of 63rd Anniversary of the great institution, LIC Of India.
LIC has been catering to the fiscal needs of its pensioners, at times of their ill-ness, if they get hospitalised and the Group Mediclaim and cashless service through TPAs, had been a source of strength, though they have to undergo physical and mental agony.
However these pensioners experience hard times when they fall sick and domiciliary treatment is suggested. Periodical visits to the physician entailing consultation fees, cost of medicines and cost of special Reports certain times, eat into their pension entitlement.
AIIPA had been pressing for certain type of compensation in the form of Monthly Cash Medical Allowance for all the pensioners and their families. With advanced age , expenses on domiciliary treatment also increase appreciably and pensioners find it difficult to meet these expenditure from out of their monthly pension.
AIIPA could persuade LIC Management to appreciate the merit of its demand and in principle acceptance was assured in one of the meetings with top management.
Tangible action has not been forthcoming since then and AIIPA has been endeavouring hard.
Our earlier letter on increased premium inclusion of cost of dental treatment, hearing aids etc., had focused on Monthly Cash Medical Allowance also.
Considering the situation in which these hapless pensioners are put in, our Organisation urges upon the Chairman to immediately concede the demand on the occasion of 63rd Anniversary of LIC and grant Monthly Cash Medical Allowance along with Pension for September 2019.
We feel such a decision will be an ideal acknowledgement of the services of the pensioners, when LIC celebrates its Anniversary.
- Travelling Allowance – Reimbursement of Travelling Charges Admissible under Daily Allowance on tour December 25, 2020 Read more…
- Transport Allowance for Central Govt Employees During Nation-wide Lockdown due to COVID-19 Pandemic December 2, 2020 Read more…
- 7th Pay Commission Risk Allowance to Central Govt Employees – Dopt Order November 4, 2020 Read more…
- 7th CPC Night Duty Allowance to Railway Employees w.e.f. 01-07-2017 October 1, 2020 Read more…
- Review of Cost of Over Time Allowance and Travelling Allowance to Railway Servants September 8, 2020 Read more…
- Non grant of transport allowance to Central Govt. Employees in certain Departments August 25, 2020 Read more…
- Reduction in the amount of NDA in 7th CPC as compared to 6th CPC after implementation of the recommendations of 7th CPC July 27, 2020 Read more…
- Enlisting of Operational Staff in Department of Posts for grant of Overtime Allowance July 14, 2020 Read more…
- Meeting with CRB on 9th July, 2020-Brief Report July 10, 2020 Read more…
- 7th CPC Conveyance Allowance at Revised Rates to Railway Medical Officers June 11, 2020 Read more…