Grant Of Cash Medical Allowance to LIC Pensioners
ALL INDIA INSURANCE PENSIONER’S ASSOCIATION
Oriental Building, Kamptee Road
LIC Square, Nagpur – 440 001
President : Com Ashok Tiwari
Date : 30th August, 2019
General Secretary : Com T K Chakraborty
Cir No : 16/2019
All Divisional/Regional/State units of AIIPA
Re: Letter to Chairman LIC for Cash Medical Allowance.
We reproduce below copy of our letter dated 30th August, 2019 addressed to Chairman LIC
Date : 30th August, 2019
Shri M. R. Kumar,
Life Insurance Corporation of India,
Re : GRANT OF CASH MEDICAL ALLOWANCE TO LIC PENSIONERS.
AIIPA warmly greets you and all LICians on the occasion of 63rd Anniversary of the great institution, LIC Of India.
LIC has been catering to the fiscal needs of its pensioners, at times of their ill-ness, if they get hospitalised and the Group Mediclaim and cashless service through TPAs, had been a source of strength, though they have to undergo physical and mental agony.
However these pensioners experience hard times when they fall sick and domiciliary treatment is suggested. Periodical visits to the physician entailing consultation fees, cost of medicines and cost of special Reports certain times, eat into their pension entitlement.
AIIPA had been pressing for certain type of compensation in the form of Monthly Cash Medical Allowance for all the pensioners and their families. With advanced age , expenses on domiciliary treatment also increase appreciably and pensioners find it difficult to meet these expenditure from out of their monthly pension.
AIIPA could persuade LIC Management to appreciate the merit of its demand and in principle acceptance was assured in one of the meetings with top management.
Tangible action has not been forthcoming since then and AIIPA has been endeavouring hard.
Our earlier letter on increased premium inclusion of cost of dental treatment, hearing aids etc., had focused on Monthly Cash Medical Allowance also.
Considering the situation in which these hapless pensioners are put in, our Organisation urges upon the Chairman to immediately concede the demand on the occasion of 63rd Anniversary of LIC and grant Monthly Cash Medical Allowance along with Pension for September 2019.
We feel such a decision will be an ideal acknowledgement of the services of the pensioners, when LIC celebrates its Anniversary.
- 44% DR to Central Freedom Fighter Pensioners from 01-07-2023 November 10, 2023Read more…
- DA 230% from July 2023 for CAB Employees as per 6th CPC November 7, 2023Read more…
- 5th CPC DA 427% from 01.07.2023 for Central Autonomous Bodies (CABs) Employees November 7, 2023Read more…
- 46% DA to GDS Employees from 01.07.2023 November 7, 2023Read more…
- DA 46% for Tamil Nadu State Government Employees from July 2023 October 29, 2023Read more…
- DA 46% to CPSE Employees CDA Pattern wef 1.7.2023 as per 7th CPC Pay Scales October 28, 2023Read more…
- 46% Dearness Relief to Central Government Pensioners and Family Pensioners from 01.07.2023 October 28, 2023Read more…
- 46% DA Order for Central Govt Employees wef 1st July 2023 – Finmin Orders 2023 October 21, 2023Read more…
- DA from Oct 2023 at 43.8% to CPSE Employees for 2017 Pay Scales October 9, 2023Read more…
- National Holiday Allowance (NHA) to Non-gazetted Employees who are getting higher pay level under MACPS August 3, 2023Read more…