AIIPA Write Letter to Chairman LIC for Cash Medical Allowance to LIC Pensioners
ALL INDIA INSURANCE PENSIONERS’ ASSOCIATION
President : Com Ashok Tiwari
Date : 30th August, 2019
General Secretary : Com T K Chakraborty
Cir No : 16/2019
All Divisional/Regional/State units of AIIPA
Re: Letter to Chairman LIC for Cash Medical Allowance.
We reproduce below copy of our letter dated 30th August, 2019 addressed to Chairman LIC
Date : 30th August, 2019
Shri M. R. Kumar,
Life Insurance Corporation of India,
Re : GRANT OF CASH MEDICAL ALLOWANCE TO LIC PENSIONERS.
AIIPA warmly greets you and all LICians on the occasion of 63rd Anniversary of the great institution, LIC Of India.
LIC has been catering to the fiscal needs of its pensioners, at times of their ill-ness, if they get hospitalised and the Group Mediclaim and cashless service through TPAs, had been a source of strength, though they have to undergo physical and mental agony.
However these pensioners experience hard times when they fall sick and domiciliary treatment is suggested. Periodical visits to the physician entailing consultation fees, cost of medicines and cost of special Reports certain times, eat into their pension entitlement.
AIIPA had been pressing for certain type of compensation in the form of Monthly Cash Medical Allowance for all the pensioners and their families. With advanced age , expenses on domiciliary treatment also increase appreciably and pensioners find it difficult to meet these expenditure from out of their monthly pension.
AIIPA could persuade LIC Management to appreciate the merit of its demand and in principle acceptance was assured in one of the meetings with top management.
Tangible action has not been forthcoming since then and AIIPA has been endeavouring hard.
Our earlier letter on increased premium inclusion of cost of dental treatment, hearing aids etc., had focussed on Monthly Cash Medical Allowance also.
Considering the situation in which these hapless pensioners are put in, our Organisation urges upon the Chairman to immediately concede the demand on the occasion of 63rd Anniversary of LIC and grant Monthly Cash Medical Allowance along with Pension for September 2019.
We feel such a decision will be an ideal acknowledgement of the services of the pensioners, when LIC celebrates its Anniversary.
- LIC IPO Disinvestment Policy March 3, 2021Read more…
- Group Mediclaim Policy for LIC Retirees February 10, 2021Read more…
- LIC Pensioners Existence Certificate July 31, 2020Read more…
- LIC (Employees) Pension Rules, 1995 Identification and Attestation of Life Certificate July 17, 2020Read more…
- AIIPA Write Letter to Chairman, LIC of India for Improvement in pensionary benefits July 16, 2020Read more…
- AIIEA Opposes DA Freeze For Central Government Employees and Pensioners April 28, 2020Read more…
- Pension Scheme 1995 for LIC Part-time Employees March 1, 2020Read more…
- LIC Employees-Wage Revision and Improvements in Pension Scheme February 29, 2020Read more…
- Pension Instructions – LIC Part-time Employees and Ex-servicemen Option to Join the Scheme October 20, 2019Read more…
- Letter to Chairman-LIC-PSGI-Implementation of final option for pension October 17, 2019Read more…