Accounting procedure and NPS accounting for the amount of pensioner’s refund from PFRDA
Accounting Procedure for crediting the amount withdrawn by the pensioner from PFRDA and interest thereon in to Government Account for availing benefit of Additional Relief on Death/ Disability of the Govt Servant covered under NPS
Availing benefit of Additional Relief on Death / Disability of the Government Servant covered under NPS
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF FINANCE
DEPARTMENT OF EXPENDITURE
CENTRAL PENSION ACCOUNTING OFFICE
TAIKOOT-II,BHIKAJI CAMA PLACE,
CPAO/IT&Tech /NPS Procedure/ 22 Vol-III/P.F./2019- 20/85-92
Subject: Accounting Procedure for crediting the amount withdrawn by the pensioner from PFRDA and interest thereon in to Government Account for availing benefit of Additional Relief on Death/ Disability of the Govt Servant covered under NPS-reg.
Attention is invited to DP&PW OM. No. 38/41/06/P&PW(A) dated 05.05.2009 to be read with OM No. 28/03/2018-P&PW(B) dated 02.04.2018 wherein it is stated the “The Exit and Withdrawals under NPS regulations 2015 provides in para 6(e) that if the subscriber or the family members of the deceased subscriber, upon his death, avails the option of additional relief on death or disability provided by the Government, the Government shall have right to adjust or seek transfer of the entire accumulated pension wealth of the subscriber to itself. The subscriber or family members of the subscriber availing such benefit shall specifically and unconditionally agree and undertake to transfer the entire accumulated pension wealth to the Government, In lieu of enjoying or obtaining such additional reliefs like family pension or disability pension or any other pensionary benefits from such Government authority.” It is also stated in the OM dated 02.04.2018 that “the family of the deceased Govt. servant is entitled to family pension under old pension scheme, if they want to avail the benefits under old pension scheme. In this case the entire accumulated funds under NPS may be recovered from the family with interest However, the possibility to adjust the recovery of accumulated wealth from arrears of family pension may also be explored. “
References have been received from the Pay & Account Offices for accounting procedure for N PS corpus deposited by the pensioner/family pensioner or received from PFRDA.
O/o the CGA vide its U O no. 1(7)(2)/2010/Cla/TA/205 dated 05.08.2019 has suggested the accounting procedure for the amount of NPS corpus received from pensioner/family pensioner/ PFRDA as under:
- The amount received may be deposited into the existing government account of the PAO concerned.
- The receipt may be accounted for by crediting MH 0071- Contributions and Recoveries towards Pension and other retirement benefits, 01- Civil. Minor Head 101-Subscriptions and Contributions. A new sub-head ‘Accumulated Pension Wealth in respect of N PS subscribers’ may be got opened under the above head for the purpose, if already not opened.
All the Pr. CCAs/CCAs/CAs/ AGs/Administrators of UTs are requested to instruct concerned PAOs to follow the accounting procedure mentioned above.
(Md. Shahid Kamal Ansari)
(Dy. Controller of Accounts)
- Choice for Points of Presence (POPs) to integrate with Central Record Keeping Agencies (CRAs) for National Pension System (NPS) July 19, 2020 Read more…
- Mobility of personnel amongst Central/ State & Autonomous Bodies while working under Pensionable establishments-MoD July 18, 2020 Read more…
- National Pension Scheme Tier II- Tax Saver Scheme, 2020 July 11, 2020 Read more…
- NPS On-boarding through Online PRAN Generation Module (OPGM) System July 9, 2020 Read more…
- Old Pension Scheme for those who joined Govt Service under NPS during 1.1.2004 to 28.10.2009 after resignation from Pensionable Establishment June 14, 2020 Read more…
- NPS withdrawal process at the time of difficulties caused by Covid 19 pandemic-PFRDA June 8, 2020 Read more…
- Flexibility in NPS withdrawals during unprecedented times of COVID-19 May 13, 2020 Read more…
- Exit and Withdrawal from NPS – Railway Board Orders 2020 April 29, 2020 Read more…
- Benefit of Gratuity-Railway Employees covered under NPS March 6, 2020 Read more…
- Coverage under Central Civil Services (Pension) Rules 1972 in place of NPS of those CG employees whose Appointment was Before 01-01-2004 and after 01-01-2004 February 17, 2020 Read more…