Grant of Liberalised Family Pension to Widows Who Re-married Before 01.01.1996 – PCDA Circular 620
Grant of Liberalised family pension to widows who re-married before 01.01.1996- Instructions regarding.
O/o The Prinicipal Controller Defence Account (Pensions)
Draupadi Ghat, Allahabad- 211 014
EPBX Tele: 0532-2321877;2421879;2421880, Extension:216
Toll Free No: 1800-180-5325 (Timing-9.30 AM to 6.00 PM)
Circular No. 620
ROs/ PAOs (ORs)
Subject: Grant of Liberalised family pension to widows who re-married before 01.01.1996- Instructions regarding.
Reference: Gol, MoD letter No.1(1)/2001/D(Pen-C) dated 24 June 2005
Of late it has been observed that the complaints are being received from widow of Armed force personnel died prior to 01.01.1996 regarding non-payment of Liberalised family pension to the widows who were in receipt of LFP and subsequently LFP was stopped/converted into OFP due to her remarriage before 01.01.1996 with a person other than the real brother of her deceased husband. In terms of Gol, MoD letter no. 200847/Pen-C/71 dated 24.02.1972, the LFP sanctioned to widow was stopped and further converted into OFP after her remarriage with a person other than real brother of the deceased soldier.
In accordance to GoI, MoD letter No. 1(1)/2001/D(Pen-C) dated 24 June 2005, Liberalised family pension of such widows who remarried before 01.01.1996 and whose LFP were stopped and concerted into OFP due to their remarriage are now regulated in terms of para 6:6 of GoI, MoD letter No. 1(2)/97/D(Pen-C) Dated 31.01.2001. The actual benefit arising out of this order will be payable w.e.f 24.06.2005.
In view of the above you are requested to review all the affected cases where LFP was not yet restored to widow as per GoI, MoD letter No.1(1)/2001/D(Pen-C) dated 24 June 2005 by issuing afresh PPO. Such cases after review may please be sent to OI/C, G-4 section of this Office enclosing following documents.
i) Corr. LPC-cum datasheet along with the proforma (attached as annexure’ A) duly supported with sheet roll.
ii) Family pension claims for restoration of LFP.
iii) A certificate regarding supporting/non-supporting of child (ren) countersigned by the zila sainik along with family details as per annexure B.
iv) An application from widow for restoration of Liberalised family pension
v) Last payment certificate by PPA, where date upto which Liberalized Family Pension was paid to widow and date of stoppage of Liberalized family pension is clearly mentioned.
vi) Descriptive roll of widow duly affixed recent photographs.
Sushil Kumar Singh
- Grant of Dual (Two) Family Pension from Military as well as Civil Employment – PCDA Circular 648 September 14, 2021Read more…
- Reimbursement of Transit Accommodation, Guest Room Accommodation Charges to Defence Services Personnel During the Temporary Stay December 28, 2020Read more…
- 7th CPC Date of Next Increment After Promotion – PCDA(O) Pune November 10, 2020Read more…
- PCDA Circular 213 – Consolidated Instructions for PDAs to Ensure Smooth Payment of Pension and Family Pension October 20, 2020Read more…
- Invalid Pension to Armed Forces Personnel before Completion of 10 years of Qualifying Service – PCDA Circular 640 September 29, 2020Read more…
- PCDA Circular 638: Online Submission of Pension Claims Owing to Ongoing COVID-19 Restrictions and Quarantine Protocols August 20, 2020Read more…
- Principal Controller of Defence Accounts (Officers) (PCDA (O)) Checklist for Permanent Duty Claim July 12, 2020Read more…
- Principal Controller of Defence Accounts (Officers) (PCDA (O))-Check List for LTC Claim July 12, 2020Read more…
- CGDA Night Duty Allowance Order – 7th CPC Night Duty Allowance at Revised Rates to Civilian Employees July 6, 2020Read more…
- Withdrawal of PCDA Circular 197: Verification of Additional Documents Produced by Defence Forces Pensioners in Absence of Aadhaar Number June 16, 2020Read more…