Grant of Liberalised Family Pension to Widows Who Re-married Before 01.01.1996 – PCDA Circular 620
Grant of Liberalised family pension to widows who re-married before 01.01.1996- Instructions regarding.
O/o The Prinicipal Controller Defence Account (Pensions)
Draupadi Ghat, Allahabad- 211 014
EPBX Tele: 0532-2321877;2421879;2421880, Extension:216
Toll Free No: 1800-180-5325 (Timing-9.30 AM to 6.00 PM)
Circular No. 620
ROs/ PAOs (ORs)
Subject: Grant of Liberalised family pension to widows who re-married before 01.01.1996- Instructions regarding.
Reference: Gol, MoD letter No.1(1)/2001/D(Pen-C) dated 24 June 2005
Of late it has been observed that the complaints are being received from widow of Armed force personnel died prior to 01.01.1996 regarding non-payment of Liberalised family pension to the widows who were in receipt of LFP and subsequently LFP was stopped/converted into OFP due to her remarriage before 01.01.1996 with a person other than the real brother of her deceased husband. In terms of Gol, MoD letter no. 200847/Pen-C/71 dated 24.02.1972, the LFP sanctioned to widow was stopped and further converted into OFP after her remarriage with a person other than real brother of the deceased soldier.
In accordance to GoI, MoD letter No. 1(1)/2001/D(Pen-C) dated 24 June 2005, Liberalised family pension of such widows who remarried before 01.01.1996 and whose LFP were stopped and concerted into OFP due to their remarriage are now regulated in terms of para 6:6 of GoI, MoD letter No. 1(2)/97/D(Pen-C) Dated 31.01.2001. The actual benefit arising out of this order will be payable w.e.f 24.06.2005.
In view of the above you are requested to review all the affected cases where LFP was not yet restored to widow as per GoI, MoD letter No.1(1)/2001/D(Pen-C) dated 24 June 2005 by issuing afresh PPO. Such cases after review may please be sent to OI/C, G-4 section of this Office enclosing following documents.
i) Corr. LPC-cum datasheet along with the proforma (attached as annexure’ A) duly supported with sheet roll.
ii) Family pension claims for restoration of LFP.
iii) A certificate regarding supporting/non-supporting of child (ren) countersigned by the zila sainik along with family details as per annexure B.
iv) An application from widow for restoration of Liberalised family pension
v) Last payment certificate by PPA, where date upto which Liberalized Family Pension was paid to widow and date of stoppage of Liberalized family pension is clearly mentioned.
vi) Descriptive roll of widow duly affixed recent photographs.
Sushil Kumar Singh
- Principal Controller of Defence Accounts (Officers) (PCDA (O)) Checklist for Permanent Duty Claim July 12, 2020 Read more…
- Principal Controller of Defence Accounts (Officers) (PCDA (O))-Check List for LTC Claim July 12, 2020 Read more…
- CGDA Night Duty Allowance Order – 7th CPC Night Duty Allowance at Revised Rates to Civilian Employees July 6, 2020 Read more…
- Withdrawal of PCDA Circular 197: Verification of Additional Documents Produced by Defence Forces Pensioners in Absence of Aadhaar Number June 16, 2020 Read more…
- Submission of Pension Claim During Lockdown for Defence Employees – PCDA Circular No. C208 May 20, 2020 Read more…
- PCDA Circular No C 207 – Submission of Pension Claim During Lockdown for Defence civilian April 13, 2020 Read more…
- Simplification of Pension Payment Procedure – Submission of Certificates by Retiring Armed Forces Personnel along with Pension Papers April 2, 2020 Read more…
- Grant of Liberalised Family Pension to Widows Who Re-married Before 01.01.1996 – PCDA Circular 620 August 30, 2019 Read more…
- PCDA Circular 625 – OROP to the Defence Forces Personnel August 12, 2019 Read more…
- Revision of Pension for pre 2006 Armed Forces Personnel – PCDA Circular 611 December 24, 2018 Read more…