Central Vigilance Commission – Appointment of Central Vigilance Commissioner and Vigilance Commissioner
DoPT Order 2019 – Appointment of Central Vigilance Commissioner and Vigilance Commissioner in the Central Vigilance Commission
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
Department of Personnel & Training
North Block, New Delhi
Subject: Appointment of Central Vigilance Commissioner and Vigilance Commissioner in the Central Vigilance Commission.
The Government of India has constituted a body under the Central Vigilance Commission Act, 2003 (the Act) known as the Central Vig ilance Commission to exercise the powers conferred on and to perform the functions assigned to it under the Act. It is located In New Deihi. The Commission consists of a Central Vigilance Commissioner and not more than two Vigilance Commissioners. The functions and powers of Central
Vigilance Commission are as per chapter III of the Act.
1.It IS proposed to appoint a Central Vigilance Commissioner vice Shri KV Chowdary and a Vigilance Commissioner vice Shri T.M. Bhasin, who will demit office on completion of their tenure.
2.The Central Vigilance Commissioner and the Vigilance Commissioner shall hold office for a term of four years from the date on which he/she enters upon his/her office or till he/she attains the age of 65 years, whichever is earlier.
3.The Central Vigilance Commissioner, on ceasing to hold the office, shall be ineligible for reappointment in the Commission. The Vigilance Commissioner, however, on ceasing to hold the office, shall be eligible for appointment as the Central Vigilance Commissioner, provided that the term of the Vigilance Commissioner, if appointed as the Central Vigilance Commissioner, shall not be more than four years in aggregate as the Vigilance Commissioner and the Central Vigilance Commissioner.
4.The salary and allowances payable to and other conditions of service of the Central Vlgrlance Commissioner shall be the same as those of a Chairman of the Union Public Service Commission and that of the Vigilance Commissioner shall be the same as those of a Member of the Union Public Service Commission subject to adjustment of the pensionary/retirement benefits availed by him, if any, in accordance with the provisions of the Act.
5.For complete information and details interested applicants should refer to the Central Vigilance Commission Act, 2003.
6.Eligibility and other requirements:
7.1 Section 3(3} of the CVC Act, 2003, provides that the Central Vigilance Commissioner and the Vigilance Commissioners shall be appointed from amongst persons –
Eligibility and other requirements:
- In case of persons falling under section 3(3)(a) of the Act as above, such persons, preferably have held or is holding the post of a Secretary to the Government of India or any equivalent post thereto under the Central Government.
- In case of persons falling under the first part of section 3(3)(b) of the Act as above, the person must have held or is holding the position of Chairman / Managing Director / Chief Executive Officer of a Schedule ‘A’ Central Public Sector Enterprise and has served as a whole time Director on the Board for a period of at least three years.
- In respect of persons who have expertise and experience in finance , including insurance and banking, law, vigilance and investigations and falling under the second part of section 3(3)(b) of the Act as above, such persons must have acquired eminence and have outstanding achievement in the said field(s) provided that such persons who are in employment In a private company must have held or is holding the position of Managing Director / CEO, as Whole-Time Director on the Board of the Company for a period of at least three years.
- All applicants should be of outstanding merit and impeccable integrity and should have knowledge and at least 25 years of experience in the relevant field(s) .
8. Persons fulfilling the criteria for appointment as Central Vigilance Commissioner / Vigilance Commissioner and interested in being considered for appointment to the post(s) may send their application in the enclosed proforma to the Under Secretary (AVD-III ), Department of Personnel and Training, Room No. 268-B , North Block, New Delhi by 01st May, 2019.
9. Serving persons are required to send their applications through proper channel. They can send their applications as an advance copy directly to DoPT by the stipulated last date, but those applications will be considered only if they are finally received through proper channel.
10. The applications received after the due date will not be considered under any circumstances.
Proforma for sending particulars for consideration for the post of Central Vigilance Commissioner / Vigilance Commissioner in the Central Vigilance Commission
Please affix the latest passport size photograph
2. Date of birth
3. Present Address
4. Contact No.
a) Telephone (with STD code)
5. e-mail address
6. Education / Qualifications
7. Post applied for
8. Please indicate the category under which the applicant is applying, viz ., category 3(3)(a) or first part of category 3(3)(b) or second part of category 3(3)(b)
9. Details of experience in the relevant field(s) (Attach supporting documents)
10. Whether any criminal case / disciplinary proceedings were instituted against him/her (if yes, please give details)
11. Details of conferment of any Award / honour, etc , or any other relevant information
12. Please indicate your suitability assessments for the post (in not more than 300 words.)