Amendment in Investment Guidelines for NPS Schemes – PFRDA
Amendment to the investment Guidelines (Applicable to Scheme CG, Scheme SG, Corporate CG and NPS Lite schemes of NPS and Atal Pension Yojana)
PENSION FUND REGULATORY AND DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY
B-14/A, Chhatrapati Shivaji Bhawan,
Qutab Institutional Area,
Katwaria Sarai, New Delhi-110016.
Ph: 011-26517501, 26517503, 26133730
Subject: Amendment to the investment Guidelines (Applicable to Scheme CG, Scheme SG, Corporate CG and NPS Lite schemes of NPS and Atal Pension Yojana)
Reference is invited to the Investment Guidelines for NPS Schemes (Scheme CG, Scheme SG, Corporate CG and NPS Lite schemes of NPS and Atal Pension Yojana) dated 3rd June 2015 issued vide circular no. PERDA/2015/16/PFM/7, the Change in Investment guidelines for NPS schemes W.r.t. Investment in equity Mutual funds vide circular no. PERDA/2018/56/PF/2 dated 20th August 2018 and Revised rating criteria for investments under NPS Schemes vide circular No. PERDA/2018/02/PF/02 dated 08.05.2018. The changes hereunder shall apply only to Scheme CG, Scheme SG, Corporate CG and NPS Lite schemes of NPS and Atal Pension Yojana.
2. In order to provide flexibility to the Pension Funds to improve the scheme performance depending upon the market conditions, it has been decided to increase the cap on Government Securities & related investments and Short term debt instruments & related investments by 5% each.
3. The asset class wise revised caps on the various asset classes are as under:
|Asset Class||Caps On Investments For Composite Schemes|
|Government Securities & Related Investments||Upto 55%|
|Debt Instruments & Related Investments||Upto 45%|
|Equity & Related Investments||Upto 15%|
|Asset Backed, Trust Structured Etc.||Upto 5%|
|Short Term Debt Instruments & Related Investments||Upto 10%|
4.The other terms and conditions as mentioned in the circular PERDA/2015/16/PFM/7 dated 03.06.2015, circular no. PERDA/2018/56/PF/2 dated 20th August 2018 and circular No. PFRDA/2018/02/PF/02 dated 08.05.2018 shall remain the same.
This circular is issued in exercise of powers of the Authority under sub-clause (b) of the sub-section (2) of section 14 of Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority Act, 2013 read with regulation 14 and 43 of PFRDA (Pension Fund) Regulation, 2015.
This would be effective from 01.04.2019.
(Chief General Manager)
Read More News on NPS:
- Enhancement of CAB Employer’s Contribution from 10% to 14% under NPS – Finmin Orders 2021 September 9, 2021Read more…
- PFRDA Exit and Withdrawals under the National Pension System (Amendment) Regulations 2021 PDF June 21, 2021Read more…
- Central Civil Services (Implementation of National Pension System) Rules 2021 April 29, 2021Read more…
- CG Employees Covered Under NPS-DoPPW March 31, 2021Read more…
- BPMS-Observance of Demand Day on 19-03-2021 for Guarantee of Minimum Pension and DA under NPS February 23, 2021Read more…
- Scrapping of National Pension System and extending coverage of the Old Pension Scheme under CCS Pension Rules 1972 for appointees on or after 01.01.2004 February 17, 2021Read more…
- Exit through Self-authorization by e-NPS Subscribers using Aadhaar – PFRDA December 27, 2020Read more…
- PFRDA Exits and Withdrawals under NPS Amendment Regulations 2020 October 7, 2020Read more…
- How to change Nomination in NPS account online | NPS Nominee Change September 15, 2020Read more…
- Choice for Points of Presence (POPs) to integrate with Central Record Keeping Agencies (CRAs) for National Pension System (NPS) July 19, 2020Read more…