Amendment in Investment Guidelines for NPS Schemes – PFRDA
Amendment to the investment Guidelines (Applicable to Scheme CG, Scheme SG, Corporate CG and NPS Lite schemes of NPS and Atal Pension Yojana)
PENSION FUND REGULATORY AND DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY
B-14/A, Chhatrapati Shivaji Bhawan,
Qutab Institutional Area,
Katwaria Sarai, New Delhi-110016.
Ph: 011-26517501, 26517503, 26133730
Subject: Amendment to the investment Guidelines (Applicable to Scheme CG, Scheme SG, Corporate CG and NPS Lite schemes of NPS and Atal Pension Yojana)
Reference is invited to the Investment Guidelines for NPS Schemes (Scheme CG, Scheme SG, Corporate CG and NPS Lite schemes of NPS and Atal Pension Yojana) dated 3rd June 2015 issued vide circular no. PERDA/2015/16/PFM/7, the Change in Investment guidelines for NPS schemes W.r.t. Investment in equity Mutual funds vide circular no. PERDA/2018/56/PF/2 dated 20th August 2018 and Revised rating criteria for investments under NPS Schemes vide circular No. PERDA/2018/02/PF/02 dated 08.05.2018. The changes hereunder shall apply only to Scheme CG, Scheme SG, Corporate CG and NPS Lite schemes of NPS and Atal Pension Yojana.
2. In order to provide flexibility to the Pension Funds to improve the scheme performance depending upon the market conditions, it has been decided to increase the cap on Government Securities & related investments and Short term debt instruments & related investments by 5% each.
3. The asset class wise revised caps on the various asset classes are as under:
|Asset Class||Caps On Investments For Composite Schemes|
|Government Securities & Related Investments||Upto 55%|
|Debt Instruments & Related Investments||Upto 45%|
|Equity & Related Investments||Upto 15%|
|Asset Backed, Trust Structured Etc.||Upto 5%|
|Short Term Debt Instruments & Related Investments||Upto 10%|
4.The other terms and conditions as mentioned in the circular PERDA/2015/16/PFM/7 dated 03.06.2015, circular no. PERDA/2018/56/PF/2 dated 20th August 2018 and circular No. PFRDA/2018/02/PF/02 dated 08.05.2018 shall remain the same.
This circular is issued in exercise of powers of the Authority under sub-clause (b) of the sub-section (2) of section 14 of Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority Act, 2013 read with regulation 14 and 43 of PFRDA (Pension Fund) Regulation, 2015.
This would be effective from 01.04.2019.
(Chief General Manager)
Read More News on NPS:
- How to change Nomination in NPS account online | NPS Nominee Change September 15, 2020 Read more…
- Choice for Points of Presence (POPs) to integrate with Central Record Keeping Agencies (CRAs) for National Pension System (NPS) July 19, 2020 Read more…
- Mobility of personnel amongst Central/ State & Autonomous Bodies while working under Pensionable establishments-MoD July 18, 2020 Read more…
- National Pension Scheme Tier II- Tax Saver Scheme, 2020 July 11, 2020 Read more…
- NPS On-boarding through Online PRAN Generation Module (OPGM) System July 9, 2020 Read more…
- Old Pension Scheme for those who joined Govt Service under NPS during 1.1.2004 to 28.10.2009 after resignation from Pensionable Establishment June 14, 2020 Read more…
- NPS withdrawal process at the time of difficulties caused by Covid 19 pandemic-PFRDA June 8, 2020 Read more…
- Flexibility in NPS withdrawals during unprecedented times of COVID-19 May 13, 2020 Read more…
- Exit and Withdrawal from NPS – Railway Board Orders 2020 April 29, 2020 Read more…
- Benefit of Gratuity-Railway Employees covered under NPS March 6, 2020 Read more…