New mileage rate running staff Indian Railway
Finalisation of Kilometrage Allowance KMA rate of loco running staff
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
QUESTION NO 2697
ANSWERED ON 04.01.2019
Finalisation of KMA rate of loco running staff
2697 Shri Narendra Kumar Swain
Will the Minister of RAILWAYS be pleased to state :-
(a) whether Government is aware of the fact that the genuine demand of finalising Kilometrage Allowance (KMA) rate with effect from 1 January, 2016 and further fixation from 1 January, 2017 in respect of loco running staff is still pending with Government;
(b) if so, the reasons therefor;
(c) whether this is undermining the interest of the vital group of staff in Railways and also affecting the retirees and serving members of the locomotive running staff; and
(d) if so, the action being taken by Government in this regard?
MINISTER OF STATE IN THE MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS (SHRI RAJEN GOHAIN)
(a) The issue of revision of Kilometrage Allowance (KMA) pursuant to implementation of Seventh Central Pay Commission pay structure is under consideration.
(b) The Government of India had decided that Kilometerage Allowance and related allowances of the Running Staff should be decided through bilateral discussions with the Federations and further with the concurrence of the Ministry of Finance. After consultations with the Federations, a proposal is being considered for approval by the Competent Authority to be further referred to Ministry of Finance for concurrence.
(c) No, Sir. The serving running staff would be getting arrears of the difference of the revised rates of the Running Allowances from the date of effect of all allowances as finally decided. The retirees are also not affected as they do not earn running allowance.
(d) A proposal is being considered by the Competent Authority for approval. Thereafter, the proposal will be referred to the Ministry of Finance seeking their concurrence.
- Cancellation Of Periodical Transfer of Railway Board Staff Due to Covid 19 till 30th June, 2021
- IRTSA – Memorandum to Minister of Finance – Rationalisation of Tax free Income on Provident Funds
- Implementation of Settlement, PF and e-pass modules of HRMS
- HRMS System Railway Employees are put into Hardship
- AIRF Brief Meeting with Chairman-Cum-CEO Railway Board Shri. Suneet Sharma on Long Pending Issues
- Engagement and Extension of contract of the officials under Staff Benefit Fund (SBF) Scheme on Honorarium basis
- Medical Insurance to all Railway Employees
- Indian Railways Launches Hospital Management Information System
- RSCWS – Reimbursement of Cost of OPD Medicines for Chronic Diseases
- Human Resource Management System (HRMS)-Indian Railway launches digitised online
- Granting benefits under MACP in the standard hierarchy of grade pay / pay levels
- Online Booking of Railway Officers Rest House, Holiday Homes – Railway Board Order
- General Departmental Competitive Examination (GDCE)
- Comprehensive Transfer Policy for Railway Employees – Exemption from 5 years service condition
- 50 Percent of Railway officers and employees attend office with staggered times on every alternative day before further orders
- Payment of Productivity Linked Bonus (PLB) to the Railway employees for the year 2019-2020
- Long pending grievances of IT Cadre
- Upgradation of pay structure and Revised cadre structure of Senior Supervisors for Graduate/ Diploma Engineers of Railways
- Introduction of Trolley Bags, TABs For Loco Pilots & Guards
- Enhancement of entry qualification and upgradation of entry Grade Pay of Pharmacist category of Indian Railways