Medical Aid For Railway Passengers
Consultation Fee and Charges for Medicines, Injections, etc. for Medical aid to Passengers
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
No.2018/Trans Cell/Health/Consultation Fee
The General Manager, All Indian Railways/PUs, NF(Con), CORE
The DG/RDSO/Lucknow, DG/NAIR/Vadodara
CA0s, DMW/Patiala, WPO/Patna, COFMOW/NDLS, RWP/Bela, CAO/IROAF
Sub: Consultation Fee and Charges for Medicines, Injections, etc. for Medical aid to Passengers.
Ref: 1. NO. Trans Cell/Health/Consultation Fee dated 10.07.2018.
2. DRM/ALD’s letter no- CT-1/Tkt-Cheeking/Instruction/2018 dated 27.09.2018.
3. DGM(G)/NCR’s letter no- G/HQ/NCR/SOP-Misc(C)/2018 dated 03.10.2018.
With reference to DRM/ALD & CMD/NCR’s reference at (2) & (3) and Board’s letter at (1) above, Board (MS, MT, FC & CRB) have approved the following:
1. To issue EFT (Excess Fare Ticket) as a valid receipt for recovery of Consultation Fee from the passenger against the medical aid provided when afflicted with sudden illness or injury (other than as a result of a railway accident in which case it is duty of the Railway administration to provide free medical attendance and treatment facilities), which is Rs 100/- (Rupees one hundred only) per patient at present, irrespective of the Grade of the attending Medical Officer.
2. To issue EFT (Excess Fare Ticket) as a valid receipt for recovery of charges for medicines, injections, etc. (as per actual) from the passenger.
3. The entire amount so recovered as Consultation fee and the Charges for medicines, injections, etc. (as per actual) will be credited in full, to the Railway revenue.
This issues with the concurrence of Associate Finance of Transformation Cell of Railway Board.
Kindly acknowledge the receipt and ensure compliance.
Source : NFIR