Dopt Ordres: 7th CPC Special Pay/Special Allowance admissible to officers of the Organized Group ‘A’ services
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
Department of Personnel & Training
North Block, New Delhi
Dated 14th September, 2017
Subject:- Implementation of the recommendations of Seventh Central Pay Commission relating to Headquarters Special Pay/Special Allowance admissible to officers of the Organized Group ‘A’ services on their posting in their respective Headquarters — reg.
This Department’s OM No.2/22(A)/2008-Estt(Pay-ll) dated 3rd September, 2008 provided for rates of Headquarters Special pay/ Special Allowance admissible to officers of the Organized Group ‘A’ services on their posting in their respective headquarters.
2. As provided in para 7 of Ministry of Finance (Department of Expenditure)’s Resolution No.1-2/2016-IC dated 25th July, 2016, the matter regarding allowances (except Dearness Allowance) based on the recommendations of the 7th Central Pay Commission (CPC) was referred to a Committee under the Chairmanship of Finance Secretary and until a final decision thereon, all allowances have been paid at the existing rates in the existing pay structure.
3. The decision of the Government on various allowances based on the recommendations of the 7th CPC and in the light of the recommendations of the Committee under the Chairmanship of the Finance Secretary has since been issued as per the Resolution No.11-1/2016-IC dated 6th July, 2017 of Department of Expenditure.
4. As mentioned at SI.No. 76 of the Appendix-II of the said Resolution dated 6th July, 2017, the recommendation of the 7th CPC for abolition of Headquarters Allowance has been accepted by the Government and this decision is effective from 1st July, 2017. Accordingly, the President is pleased to abolish the Headquarters Special Pay/ Special Allowance in respect of officers of the Organized Group ‘A’ services on their posting in their respective Headquarters.
5. Accordingly, the entitlement and payment of Headquarters Allowance is discontinued from the salary of the month of July, 2017. A copy of Department of Expenditure’s OM No.29/1/2017-E.II (B) dated 11th July, 2017 on Payment on account of discontinued allowances is enclosed for reference.
6. In so far as persons serving in the Indian Audit & Accounts Department are concerned, these orders issue after consultation with the Comptroller & Auditor General of India.
Under Secretary to the Government of India