All India General Strike by Central Trade Unions on 02-09-2016, 12 Points Charter of Demands submitted to the Central Government
National Federation of India Railwaymen
3, Chelmsford Road, New Delhi – 110 055
NO. IV/NIFIR/INTUC/Corres/Part I
Dated : 02/08/2016
The General Secretaries of
Affiliated Unions of NFIR
Sub: All India General Strike by Central Trade Unions – 2nd September, 2016 – reg.
The INTUC and other Central Trade Unions in the country have decided to go on One Day General Strike on 2nd September 2016 on 12 Points Charter of Demands submitted to the Central Government as below:-
1. Urgent measures for containing price rise through universalization of public distribution system and banning speculative trade in commodity market.
2. Containing unemployment through concrete measures for employment generation.
3. Strict enforcement of all basic labour laws without any exception or exemption and stringent punitive measures for violation of labour laws.
4. Universal social security cover for all workers.
5. Minimum wage of not less than Rs. 18000/- per month with provisions of indexation (for unskilled worker).
6. Assured enhanced pension not less than 3000 p.m. for the entire working population (including unorganized sector workers).
7. Stoppage of disinvestment in Central/state Public Sector undertakings.
8. Stoppage of contractorisation in permanent/perennial work and payment of same wage and benefits for contract workers as that of regular workers for the same and similar work.
9. Removal of all ceilings on payment and eligibility of bonus, provident fund and increase in quantum of gratuity.
10. Compulsory registration of Trade Unions within a period of 45 days from the date of submitting application and immediate ratification of ILO conventions C-87 and C-98.
11. No. FDI in Railways, Defence and other strategic sectors.
12. No unilateral amendment to labour laws.
In support of one day General Strike, the NFIR affiliates are called upon “to hold demonstrations and rallies throughout the lndian Railways” on 2nd September 2016. A report in this regard should be sent to the Federation latest by 7th September 2016.
Source : NFIR