Revision of enhanced rate of Ordinary Family Pension in respect of Pre-2006 Armed Force Pensioners
Ministry of Defence
Department of Ex-Servicemen Welfare
New Delhi, Dated 14 June 2016
The Chief of the Army Staff
The Chief of the Naval Staff
The Chief of the Air Staff
Sub:- Revision of enhanced rate of Ordinay Family Pension in respect of Pre- 2006 Armed Force Pensioners.
The undersigned is directed to refer to this Ministry’s letter No. dated 11.11.2008, issued for implementation of Government decisions on the recommendation of 6th CPC for revision of
pension/family pension in respect of pre-2006 Armed Force Pensioners/family Pensioners.
2. As per provision contained in Para-3 of this Ministry letter No. 2(1)/2012/D(Pen/Policy) dated 16.1.2013. the revised consolidated enhanced rate of Ordinary Family Pension 01.01.2006 in respect of Pre-2006 Armed Forces Family Pensioners shall not be less than 50% of the minimum of the pay in the pay-band plus the grade pay including Military Service Pay corresponding to the pre-revised scale from which the pensioner had retired field.
|Central Government Offices Holidays 2022 | Central Govt Holiday List 2022 PDF|
|CGHS Webinar Online Registration 2021|
3. Now, arter issue of GOI, MOD letter No.1(04)/2015(II)-D(Pen/Pol) dated 03.09.2015 on the basis of GOI, Ministry of Personnel, PG & Pensioners, Department of Pension & Pensioners’ Welfare 0M No. dated 30.7.2015, it has been decided that the minimum guaranteed enhanced rate of Ordinary Family Pension of all Pre-2006 pensioners may be revised w.e.f.01.01.2006 on the basis of the minimum of fitment table for the rank in the revised Pay Band as indicated under fitment tables annexed with SAI 1/S/2008, SAI 2/S/2008 & SAI 4/S/2008 as amended and equivalent instructions for Navy and Air Force. The revised consolidated enhanced rate of Ordinary Family Pension w.e.f. 01.01.2006 in respect of Pre-2006 Armed Force Family Pensioners shall not be less than 50% of the minimum of the fitment table for the rank in the revised Pay Band. In case where full revised pension is otherwise not authorized to a retired employee in terms of 6th CPC order, the revised enhanced rate of Ordinary Family Pension shall be restricted to that amount. The amount of revised enhanced rate of Ordinary Family Pension in no case shall be less than thirty percent ot the minimum of fitment table for the Rank or thirty percent of the minimum of fitment table in the case of HAG and above.
4. However, in respect of consolidated enhanced rate of Ordinary Family Pension calculated as per Para 4.1 of this Ministry’s letter No. 17(4)/2008(1)/D(Pen/Policy) dated 11.11.2008 is higher than the Family Pension calculated in the manner indicated above, the same shall be continued.
5. This order will take effect from 01.01.2006 and arrears, if any: shall be payable from 01.01.2006 to 23.09.2012 or till effective period of enhanced rate of Ordinary Family Pension admissible. whichever is earlier.
6. All other terms and conditions shall remain unchanged.
7. Pension Regulations Of all the three services will be amended in due course.
8. This issues with the concurrence of Finance Division of this Ministry vide their ID No.PC.2 to dated 02.06.2016.
9. Hindi version will follow.
Under Secretary to the Govt of India