GOVERNMENT OF ASSAM
FINANCE (ESTT.- A) DEPARTMENT
DISPUR, GUWAHATI – 6
Dated Dispur, the 29th February, 2016
Sub: Payment of Arrear Dearness Allowance/Dearness Relief to the serving Government Pensioners/Family Pension Holders/Extra Ordinary Pension Holders in Revised rates effective from 01.10.2007 to 31.03.2008.
In pursuance of Government Notification No.FPC.109/20/2011 dated 29.02.2016 the undersigned is directed to say that the Governor of Assam is pleased to sanction Dearness Allowance/Dearness Relief (D.A/D.R) as regards State Government Employees/Pensioners as per rate below for the following period:-
1. the payment of account of DA/DR involving fractions of 50 paise and above may be rounded off to the next higher rupee and fraction of less than 50 paise may be ignored.
2. The order shall apply to Government employees who are brought over to the revised scale of pay w.e.f 1.1.2006 and to those who elected to retain the scale of pay prevailing prior to 1.1.2006. In case of the former, pay for the purpose of DA will be as defined in F.R.9(21) (a) (i) including stagnation increment. Those Govt. Servants who exercised option to retain the scale of pay that existed prior to 1.1.2006 shall continue to draw the DA as is appropriate to the pay scales in force on 31.12.2005. They are also entitled to the DA sanctioned by the Government after 1.1.2006. On computing pay for this purpose, pay will include the pay plus DA on price index of 1510 points sanctioned Vide O.M.No.FEG.42/90/204, dt 14th March 1996 and Interim Relief sanctioned Vide O.M.No.FPC.6/2008/13, dtd. 30.05.2008, O.M.FPC.6/2008/pt/4, dtd 2.1.2009 and O.M.No.FPC.6/2008/30, dtd.4.9.2009 till the date brought to the revised scale.
3. The orders shall also be applicable to work charged employees and to those paid from contingencies and holding posts carrying identical pay scales as applicable to the emplyees of the regular establishments of corresponding categories.
4. The amount sanctioned shall be classified as DA/DR and the expenditure for the purpose will be debitable to the detailed head of salary, wages or pension under respective head of account from which Govt. employees draw their pay and the pensioners draw their pension.
5. The arrear DA/DR w.e.f 01.01.2007 to 31.03.2008 shall be credited to the Bank A/C of the employees and pensioner in a single installment.
6. The treasuries and sub-Treasuries in Assam/Authorised public sector banks are requested to arrange for the payment of Dearness Relief to the Pensioners/Family Pension Holders/Extra Ordinary Pension Holders on the basis of this O.M.
(Simanta Thakuria, I.A.S)
Commissioner & Secretary to the govt. of Assam
Finance (Estt – A) Department.