Department of Posts Order – Proposed revision in the Recruitment Rules (RRs) of Superintendent (Sorting)
Government of India
Ministry of Communications and IT
Department of Posts
Dak Bhawan, Sansad Marg,
New Delhi-110 001
Dated : 06 November, 2015
1. All the Chief Postmasters General
2. Director. RAKNPA, Ghaziabad
3. All Directors, Postal Training Centres
Subject: Proposed revision in the Recruitment Rules (RRs) of Superintendent (Sorting) – regarding.
I am directed to refer to above mentioned subject and to say that it has been proposed to revise the Recruitment Rules of Superintendent (Sorting) and a copy of the same duly incorporating the changes after the first consultation with the Department of Personnel & Training (DOP&T) is enclosed herewith.
2. It is requested that comments, if any, on the proposed Recruitment Rules may be sent to this office within a period of 30 days. If no reply is received within the stipulated time period, it will be presumed that the Stakeholders have no comments on the proposed Recruitment Rules.
Encl. : As above.
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF COMMUNICATIONS & INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
DEPARTMENT OF POSTS
New Delhi, the ———, 2015
G.S.R. ————— ln exercise of the powers conferred by the proviso to Article 309 of the Constitution of India and in supersession of the Department of Posts, Superintendent (Sorting), Group-‘B’, Recruitment Rules, 1994, except as respect things done or omitted to be done before such supersession. the President hereby makes the following rules regulating the method of recruitment to the posts of Superintendent (Sorting) Group ‘B’ in the Department of Posts. namely:
1. Short title and Commencement – (I) These Rules may be called the Department of Posts. Superintendent (Sorting) Group ‘B‘ Recruitment Rules. 2015.
(2) They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the official Gazette.
2. Number of posts, their Classification and the Pay Band and Grade Pay or Pay Scale – The number of posts. their classification and the Pay Band and Grade Pay/Scale of Pay attached thereto shall be as specified in Columns [2 ] to  of the Schedule. annexed to these Rules.
3. Method of recruitment, age limit, Qualifications etc. – The method of recruitment age limit, qualifications and other matters relating to the said posts shall be as specified in columns (5) to (14) of the aforesaid Schedule.
4. Disqualifications – No person.
(a) who has entered into or contracted a marriage with a person having a spouse living: or
(b) who, having a spouse living, has entered into or contracted a marriage with any person, shall be eligible for appointment to the said post.
Provided that the Central Government may. if satisfied that such marriage is permissible under the personal law applicable to such person and the other party to the marriage and that there are other grounds for so doing. exempt any person from the operation of this rule.
5. Power to relax – Where the Central Government is of the opinion that it is necessary or expedient so to do. it may. by order. for reasons to be recorded in writing, relax any of the provisions of these rules with respect to any class or category of persons in consultation with the Union Public Service Commission.
6. Saving – Nothing in these rules shall affect reservations. relaxation of age limit and other concessions required to be provided for Candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes. the Scheduled Tribes. Other Backward Classes. Ex-servicemen and other special categories of persons in accordance with the orders issued by the Central Government from time to time in this regard.