Maternity Benefit (Amendment) Act, 2017 – Creche Facilities for Employees
Ministry of Labour & Employment
Creche Facilities for Employees
11 FEB 2019
The Maternity Benefit Act, 1961 is enforced and implemented by the respective State Governments in all sectors except in the Mines and Circus Industries. As per the Maternity Benefit (Amendment) Act, 2017, it has been made mandatory for the establishments employing 50 or more employees to provide creche facility, either separately or along with common facilities within a prescribed distance. Time to time, advisories are issued to State Governments for strict enforcement and compliance of the provisions of the Maternity Benefit Act, 1961. Government does not maintain data of defaulters centrally. Implementation of provisions relating to nursing breaks are also enforced by State Governments, except in case of mines and circus.
This information was given by Shri Santosh Kumar Gangwar Union Minister of State (I/C) for Labour and Employment in written reply to a question in Lok Sabha today.
- Maternity Benefit (Amendment) Act, 2017 – Creche Facilities for Employees
- Maternity Leave Govt. for Incentive Scheme
- Government to Refund 7 Weeks of Maternity Leave Given to Women Employees
- Gazette Notification on Gratuity: Amount, Effective Date and Maternity Leave
- Maternity Leave and Pension
- Women Government employees commissioning Surrogacy to get maternity leave
- Delhi High Court order on maternity leave in case of surrogacy
- Clarification on Recently Notified Maternity Benefit (Amendment) Act, 2017
- Grant of Maternity leave – CGDA
- Increase maternity leave available to working women from the current 12 weeks to 26 weeks for the first two children