Postmaster Grade-II and III Relaxation of eligibility in service condition required for promotion-Dopt Order
DOP Order- Relaxation of eligibility in service condition required for promotion to the post of postmaster Grade-II and Postmaster Grade-III
Government Of India
Ministry Of Communications
Department Of Posts
Dak Bhavan, safisad Marg
New Delhi-110 001, Dated the 04 January, 2019
1. All Chief postmasters General/Postmasters General
2. Chief General Manager, BD Directorate/Parcel Directorate/PLI Directorate
3. Director, RAKNPA/GM, CEPT/Directors of all PTCs
4. Addl. Director General, Army Postal Service, New Delhi
5. All General Managers (Finance)/Directors Postal Accounts/DDAP
Subject: Relaxation of eligibility in service condition required for promotion to the post of postmaster Grade-II and Postmaster Grade-III
I am directed to refer to letter of even no. dated 28.04.2016 on the above mentioned subject vide which relaxation in service condition required for promotion to post of postmaster Grade-III was granted as a onetime measure in the following manner:-
(i) The method of recruitment is by promotion only.
(ii) The relaxation in qualifying service is for less than one year.
(iii) Where relaxation for more than one year and upto 50% of minimum qualifying service is required for promotion, the promotion shall not be treated as regular.
2. Therefore, minimum service required for promotion to Postmaster Grade-II and Postmaster Grade-III as per the Recruitment Rules notified vide G.S.R No.741(E) dated 09.09.2010 vis a vis the relaxation given are as under:-
|MINIMUM SERVICE REQUIRED FOR PROMOTION FROM PM GRADE-I TO PM GRADE-II||MINIMUM SERVICE REQUIRED FOR PROMOTION FORM PM GRADE-II TO PM GRADE-III|
|As per Recruitment Rules||6 years service in postmaster Grade-I (including service in LSG)||5 years service in Postmaster Grade-II (including service in HSG-ii)|
|As per one time relaxation for regular promotion||5 years service in postmaster Grade-I (including Service in LSG)||4 years service in postmaster Grade-II (including Service in HSG-II)|
|For promotion on adhoc basis as per one time relaxation||3 years service in postmaster Grade-I (including service in LSG)||2 1/2 years service in Postmaster Grade-II (including service in HSG-II)|
3. Further, as per DOP&T OM No.22011/6/2018-Estt(D) dated 28.05.2014 read with Department of Posts letter No.25-10/2014-SPG dated 09.07.2014, the cut off date for counting of qualifying service was 1st April of the year. In other words, the officials who had completed the requisite period of service under relaxed condition as on 1st April 2016 were eligible for promotion (regular/adhoc) subject to availability of vacancies.
4. It has been brought to the notice by representatives of Association that relaxation provided in the letter dated 28.04.2016 has not been implemented in uniformity across the Circles. The matter has been examined in this Directorate and the following clarifications are issued for guidance to all Circles:
i) In the first instance, regular vacancies in Postmaster Grade-II/Grade-III should be calculated as on 01.04.2016.
ii) Officials having 5 or more years of service as on 01.04.2016 should have been promoted as postmaster Grade-II subject to availability of vacancies on regular basis. Similarly postmaster Grade-II Official having 4 years or more service as on 01.04.2016 should have been promoted as postmaster Grade-III subject to availability of vacancies on regular basis.
iii) if vacancies as on 01.04.2016 were still available after giving regular promotion as per para (ii) above, postmaster Grade-I official having 3 years or more service as on 01.04.2016 should have been promoted as postmaster Grade-II on adhoc basis. similarly postmaster Grade-II official having 2 1/2 years of service or more but less than 4 years of service as on 01.04.2016 should have been promoted as postmaster Grade-III on adhoc basis.
iv) The relaxation mentioned in aforesaid letter dated 28.04.2016 should never have been operated again once it was operated in the manner elaborated at (i) to (iii) hereinabove.
5. In view of the above, circles are requested to review the implementation of Directorate’s aforesaid communication dated 28.04.2016 to ensure that action taken was on the line elaborated in Para 4 herein above and take corrective measures in case of any deviation.
6. It is once again reiterated that relaxation granted by the Directorate vide letter dated 28.04.2016 was one time measure and should not be repeated.
7. An action taken report on the promotion of Postmaster cadre may be informed to this Directorate on or before 31st January 2019.