New mileage rate running staff Indian Railway
Finalisation of Kilometrage Allowance KMA rate of loco running staff
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
QUESTION NO 2697
ANSWERED ON 04.01.2019
Finalisation of KMA rate of loco running staff
2697 Shri Narendra Kumar Swain
Will the Minister of RAILWAYS be pleased to state :-
(a) whether Government is aware of the fact that the genuine demand of finalising Kilometrage Allowance (KMA) rate with effect from 1 January, 2016 and further fixation from 1 January, 2017 in respect of loco running staff is still pending with Government;
(b) if so, the reasons therefor;
(c) whether this is undermining the interest of the vital group of staff in Railways and also affecting the retirees and serving members of the locomotive running staff; and
(d) if so, the action being taken by Government in this regard?
MINISTER OF STATE IN THE MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS (SHRI RAJEN GOHAIN)
(a) The issue of revision of Kilometrage Allowance (KMA) pursuant to implementation of Seventh Central Pay Commission pay structure is under consideration.
(b) The Government of India had decided that Kilometerage Allowance and related allowances of the Running Staff should be decided through bilateral discussions with the Federations and further with the concurrence of the Ministry of Finance. After consultations with the Federations, a proposal is being considered for approval by the Competent Authority to be further referred to Ministry of Finance for concurrence.
(c) No, Sir. The serving running staff would be getting arrears of the difference of the revised rates of the Running Allowances from the date of effect of all allowances as finally decided. The retirees are also not affected as they do not earn running allowance.
(d) A proposal is being considered by the Competent Authority for approval. Thereafter, the proposal will be referred to the Ministry of Finance seeking their concurrence.
- Revised entitlement of Privilege Passes for Railway employees – hardship caused to certain staff of lower pay levels due to discontinuance of earlier entitlement provisions
- NFIR’s Meeting with Chairman Railway Board on 11-04-2019
- Change Boarding Point Rules in Railway
- Railways ECG Technicians – Allotment of Qualification based Pay Matrix
- Latest list of Hospitals under CTSE Scheme in Mumbai
- Feedback regarding important issues Running Allowance, LARSGESS, and Act Apprentice of Railway Staff
- Revision of pension w.e.f.01/01/2006 of pre-2006 pensioners of 5th CPC scale of Rs.6500-10500
- Delay in finalization of pension related grievances of Railway Pensioners
- Railway -Minimum Education Qualification For Direct Recruitment in Technician Grade III
- RRB Recruitment Result 2019 Western Railway Apprentices Merit List
- Railways Fresh recruitment of 2 lakh 30 thousand more employees in next two years
- Privatization of Passenger Rail
- New mileage rate running staff Indian Railway
- Vacant OBC, SC and ST Posts in Railway
- CTSE for Retired Railway Employees at the Southern Railway
- Employee Efficiency in Railways
- Career progression of the staff working in GP Rs.1800 – AIRF
- No Provision in Pay Structure For Stenographer Grade Pay 6600 Issue in Railways
- Railway Employees Bonus 2018 Latest News
- Filling up of vacancies on the Railways