Central Government Holidays List 2019 – DoPT Orders
Central Government Holidays List 2019 – DoPT Orders dated 11.7.2018
Holidays to be observed in Central Government Offices during the 2019-reg.
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
(Department of Personnel and Training)
Establishment (JCA-2) Section
North Block, New Delhi
Dated the 11th July, 2018
Subject: Holidays to be observed in Central Government Offices during the 2019- reg.
LIST OF COMPULSORY HOLIDAYS DURING THE YEAR 2019
LIST OF RESTRICTED HOLIDAYS DURING THE YEAR 2019
It has been decided that the holidays as specified in the Annexure —Ito this O.M. will be observed in all the Administrative Offices of the Central Government located at Delhi/New Delhi during the year 2019. In addition, each employee will also be allowed to avail himself/herself of any two holidays to be chosen by him/her out of the list of Restricted Holidays in Annexure — II
2. Central Government Administrative Offices located outside Delhi / New Delhi shall observe the following holidays compulsorily in addition to three holidays as per para 3.1 below:
1. REPUBLIC DAY
2. INDEPENDENCE DAY
3. MAHATMA GANDHI’S BIRTHDAY
4. BUDDHA PURNIMA
5. CHRISTMAS DAY
6. DUSSEHRA (VIJAY DASHMI)
7. DIWALI (DEEPAVALI)
8. GOOD FRIDAY
9. GURU NANAK’S BIRTHDAY
10. IDU’L FuR
12. MAHAVIR JAYANTI
14. PROPHET MOHAMMAD’S BIRTHDAY (ID-E-MILAD)
3.1. In addition to the above 14 Compulsory holidays mentioned in para 2, three holidays shall be decided from the list indicated below by the Central Government Employees Welfare Coordination Committee in the State Capitals, if necessary, in consultation with Coordination Committees at other places in the State. The final list applicable uniformly to all Central Government offices within the concerned State shall be notified accordingly and no change can be carried out thereafter.
1. AN ADDITIONAL DAY FOR DUSSEHRA
3. JANAMASHTAMI (VAISHNAVI)
4. RAM NAVAMI
5. MAHA SHIVRATRI
6. GANESH CHATURTHI / VINAYAK CHATURTHI
11. SRI PANCHAMI I BASANT PANCHAMI
12. VISHU/ VAISAKHI I VAISAKHADI I BHAG BIHU I MASHADI UGADI I CHAITRA SUKLADI / CHETI CHAND I GUDI PADAVA/ NAVRATRA I NAURAJ / CHHATH POOJA/KARVA CHAUTH.
3.2 No substitute holiday should be allowed if any of the festival holidays initially declared subsequently happens to fall on a weekly off or any other non-working day or in the event of more than one festival falling on the same day.
4. The list of Restricted Holidays appended to this O.M. is meant for Central Government Offices located in Delhi I New Delhi. The Coordination Committees at the State Capitals may draw up separate list of Restricted Holidays keeping in view the occasions of local importance but the 9 occasions left over (indicated in para 3.1), after choosing the 3 variable holidays in para 3.1 above, are to be included in the list of restricted holidays.
5.1 For offices in Delhi / New Delhi, any change in the date of holidays in respect of Idu’l Fitr, ldu’l Zuha, Muharram and ld-e-Milad, if necessary, depending upon sighting of the Moon, would be declared by the Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions after ascertaining the position from the Govt. of NCT of Delhi (DCP, Special Branch, Delhi Police).
5.2 For offices outside Delhi / New Delhi, the Central Government Employees’ Welfare Coordination Committees at the State Capitals are authorised to change the date of holiday, if necessary, based on the decision of the concerned State Governments / Union Territories, in respect of ldu’l Fitr, ldu’l Zuha, Muharram and ld-e-Milad.
5.3 It may happen that the change of date of the above occasions has to be declared at a very short notice. In such a situation, announcement could be made through P.I.B/T.V./A.I.R./ Newspapers and the Heads of Department / Offices of the Central Government may take action according to such an announcement without waiting for a formal order, about the change of date.
6. In 2019, Diwali (Deepavali) falls on Sunday, October 27, 2019 (Kartika 05). In certain States, the practice is to celebrate the occasion a day in advance, i.e., on “Naraka Chaturdasi Day”. In view of this, there is no objection if holiday on account of Deepavali is observed on “Naraka Chaturdasi Day (in place of Deepavali Day) for the Central Government Offices in a State if in that State that day alone is declared as a compulsory holiday for Diwali for the offices of the State Government.
7. Central Government Organisations which include industrial, commercial and trading establishments would observe upto 16 holidays in a year including three national holidays viz. Republic Day, Independence Day and Mahatma Gandhi’s birthday, as compulsory holidays. The remaining holidays I occasions may be determined by such establishments / organisations themselves for the year 2019, subject to pare 3.2 above.
8. Union Territory Administrations shall decide the list of holidays in terms of instructions issued in this regard by the Ministry of Home Affairs.
9. In respect of Indian Missions abroad, the number of holidays may be notified in accordance with the instructions contained in this Department’s O.M. No.12/5/2002-JCA dated 17th December, 2002. In other words, they will have the option to select 12 (Twelve) holidays of their own only after including in the list three National Holidays and Budha Purnima, Janamashtami (Vaishnava), Diwali, Milad-un-Nabi or ld-e-Milad in the list of compulsory holidays falling on day of weekly off.
10. In respect of Banks, the holidays shall be regulated in terms of the extant instructions issued by the Department of Financial Services, Ministry of Finance.
11. Hindi version will follow.
Deputy Secretary (JCA)
Latest Full List of Holiday Homes For CG Employees
Holiday Homes List 2019
|Section A : Holiday Homes|
|Sl. No.||Holiday Homes Station Name||For More Information|
|1||Agra (U.P.)||Click Here|
|3||Amarkantak (M.P.)||Click Here|
|6||Kanyakumari (Tamil Nadu)||Click Here|
|9||Mysore (Karnataka)||Click Here|
|10||Mussoorie (Uttaranchal)||Click Here|
|11||New Delhi (West Kidwai Nagar)||Click Here|
|12||Ooty (Tamil Nadu)||Click Here|
|13||Port Blair||Click Here|
|15||Shimla (H.P.)||Click Here|
|Section B: Touring Officers’ Hostel|
|1||Agra (Karkunj, Sikandara)||Click Here|
|2||Agra (Sanjay Place)||Click Here|
|6||Bangalore (Domlur)||Click Here|
|7||Bangalore (Koramangala)||Click Here|
|9||Bhopal (Guest House)||Click Here|
|10||Bhopal (Transit Hostel)||Click Here|
|13||Chennai (Shastri Bhawan)||Click Here|
|14||Chennai (Rajaji Bhawan)||Click Here|
|17||Delhi (Curzon Rd.)||Click Here|
|18||Delhi (Aliganj, Lodhi Colony)||Click Here|
|19||Delhi (HUDCO Place)||Click Here|
|20||Delhi CWG Village||Click Here|
|21||Gandhi Nagar (Guest House)||Click Here|
|22||Gandhi Nagar (Transit Hostel)||Click Here|
|24||Goa (Guest House)||Click Here|
|25||Guwahati (Main building)||Click Here|
|26||Guwahati (Hostel Block)||Click Here|
|28||Hyderabad (koti Nirman Bhawan)||Click Here|
|29||Hyderabad (Kawadi Guda)||Click Here|
|34||Kozhikode (Calicut)||Click Here|
|37||Mount Abu||Click Here|
|38||Mumbai (Church Gate)||Click Here|
|39||Mumbai (Napean Sea Road, Hyderabad Estate)||Click Here|
|40||Mumbai (Antop Hill)||Click Here|
|44||Neemuch (MP)||Click Here|
|48||Thiruvananthapuram (Kerala)||Click Here|
|Central Govt Holiday Homes Rates||Click Here|
|Online booking of holiday home for central govt employees||Click Here|