Management Training for Retiring Defence Personnel
Approximately, 55,000 personnel retire annually from the armed forces. Government is providing training to the armed forces personnel before their retirement. The details of training provided by Government to armed forces personnel including Short Service Commissioned officers is as under:
DETAILS OF TRAINING COURSES:
• 24 Weeks Management Courses at IIMs and other reputed B-Schools
• Modular management courses like Project Finance, Academic Institutions, Supply Chain, Retail, Six Sigma, Seafaring etc.
• Newly introduced courses for 2015-16 like Strategic Retail Management, HRM, Facility, Transition, Export and Import, Event Management etc., Corporate Social Responsibility and Jet Transition.
ICOs / ORs and Equivalents’ Training at Institutes:
• Security, Fire & Industrial Safety, Computer & IT including ‘O’ Level, Hospitality, Tourism, Agri based, Business Management, Modular Management, Vocational & Technical, Medical & Healthcare, Library & Information Science, Legal Assistant etc.
• Newly introduced courses for 2015-16 like Logistics & Transport Management, Retailing & Showroom, Corporate Office, Material management, Marine Engineering etc.
Courses at Regimental Centres:
Apart from the above mentioned training programmes at Institutes at least two courses are conducted every month at all the Regimental Centres to provide variety of courses to the retirees on pension drill.Indian Institutes of Management Ahmedabad, Lucknow and Indore are conducting 24 weeks Management Courses regularly for Armed Forces personnel, which help them in taking up employment at managerial levels.
This information was given by Minister of State for Defence Rao Inderjit Singh in a written reply to ShriMeghraj Jain in Rajya Sabha today.
Source: PIB News